2 INCHES in 4 MONTHS (end of 2011 challenge) REVEAL PICS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!

prettybyrd

I've been mulling it over, and I've made a final decision not to heat straighten again this year leading into the no heat challenge. Here's my final pic - I posted this in the other thread...sorry...:look:

I did get a trim the same day the final pic was taken, but I think I got two inches! She did take a lot off...my ends were horrid.

before - after (I was using the words as the measuring point)

Here's another of my growth! Almost the APL!!!

jerseygurl

Not a new member
Here's mine: the first is from August the second was last week. Unfortunately my hair poofed up on me:ohwell:. The third is to show the true length. No lean backs here:nono::grin:.

Even with my trim, I still made APL. I'm happy about that.

Attachments

• 103_0344.jpg
    103_0344.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 72
  • 103_0453.jpg
    103_0453.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 103_0457.jpg
    103_0457.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 71

youwillrise

our internet is finally back!

i will post pictures with the original shirt i wore for a (hopefully) better idea of growth before the day is over. i'll probably go and do it in a little while...i said that i should have chosen a better shirt to take my original photo in, but since that's the shirt i used in the first, it's the one i'll use for this one.

youwillrise

Grrrr. I keep trying to post the new pics from my phone because I dunno how to post from phone to computer! I'm gonna try this again...

Posting new pictures from my phone and then ill edit on the computer and add the old pictures here.

These new pictures were taken today december 27, 2011. The old pictures were taken august 27, 2011...so, its been exactly 4 months!

Sent from my SCH-I405 using SCH-I405

okay, now that i was FINALLY able to post the new pictures from my phone, here are the old ones (august 27, 2011)...i posted the view from the back in the original challenge post...but i also had some other pictures from the same set...so i'm going to post a view from the front, too.

the first 2 pictures are NEW...the other 2 are OLD!

oh and i actually cleaned the mirror this time. haha (we're also in a new house)

edit: all of my pictures were flipped to the side, so i flipped the picture with the view from the back around so you can actually see it without cocking your head to the side

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1325019991946.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1325019991946.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 98
  • uploadfromtaptalk1325020011808.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1325020011808.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 94
  • 8272011.jpg
    8272011.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 122720111.jpg
    122720111.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

g.lo

hey guys,

big apologies because i didn't take any pics in september, i can only do a comparison from my (1)June, (2)nov and (3)dec pics: sorry:perplexed

Attachments

• june11.jpg
    june11.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 71
  • november11.jpg
    november11.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 80
  • december11.jpg
    december11.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 73

esi.adokowa

really awesome retention ladies!

here is my hair at the beginning of september
I was right around shoulder length.
i had just had a my hair flat-ironed and cut at the salon.
i was about a week post.

here is my hair at the end of december.
i flat ironed and trimmed my hair myself, and my roots are a mess but you get the idea.
sorry that i didn't take this image from the front for easier comparison.
i think i retained a decent amount of hair in any event.

i'm very excited to see the rest of the updates! :grin:

gvin89

Alright, alright, alright!!!! I am indeed surprised of my progress....especially after the trim and setback mid-September.

September 16 stats - 5" in front and 6" in back
December 29 stats - 6.5" in front and 7.5" in back
*I have a few short pieces in nape which I believe is from tying my scarf in the same spot. I will be babying that area moving forward.

So while I didn't get 2 inches in 4 months, I achieved 1.5 inches in 3 months. Unfortunately I didn't get any shots before I straightened on 9/16 and I'm not straightening again any time soon. However, you can see the length straighten and then the length of my hair without blowdrying or straightening to visualize the growth.

Sept front/Dec front

Sept side/Dec side

Sept back

Dec back

tiffjust2002

Okay here was my starting pic and stats

Front: 8in
Sides: 10in
Top Middle: 8.5in
Back: 6in
2011-09-01 06.42.17.jpg

And here are my ending stats

Front: 10.5in
Sides: 11in
Top Middle: 12in
Back: 7.5in

2011-12-29 10.42.00.jpg

Yay I am happy with my stats :grin:, although I can't really see the growth :ohwell:

nisemac

I think I probably started out with the least amount of hair:sad:. I don't think it will be that exciting for anyone else but me:lol:.

I started with 2 in front, 2 1/2 top middle, 1 on sides, 2 at back. pic is Sept 3 after taking out cornrows, which had to be done by doing the front half first, then the back. I could not do one continuous cornrow from hairline to to back.

same day, freshly washed

Beginning of October, pre-wash. Didn't look much different, but I noticed i could do one continuous cornrow from hairline to back--and the back stayed!

end of October, beginning of November. I didn't measure, but my front is definitely longer (yes, that's the texture--enter the lost Jackson child). at the time, i didn't think my hair grew much, although it appeared fuller (in person)

here is where I am now. I can do a very decent puff--i couldn't do this in September. Normally, this is the point where i would cut off my hair again. But I'm really happy with it. This is my hair lightly blowed out.

end results on blow dried hair: 4 in front, 4 1/2 top middle, 3 1/4 on sides, 4 at back. and i did a trim at the end of October--about 1/8 to 1/4 inch). all my pictures suck, but you can still see the shine:yep:

this was really helpful for me...my 'awkward' stage doesn't feel so awkward now. i came to the forum with color/hard water damage and now have no signs of either. when i started, i could not put my hair in a puff, cornrows in the back came loose by mid-week, and i had no routine.

here's my routine:

wash--1x week with Aphogee deep moisture shampoo (or Shea moisture) I'm just really loving Aphogee products right now

condition-with aphogee moisture balance conditioner

DC--Queen Helene Cholesterol treatment for about 15-20 minutes under dryer. this is the only heat i use (except for the final picture)

leave in--Aphogee Leave in or Infusium 23

moisturize--Shea Moisture DT Masque

seal--Shea moisture shea butter

from July to Sept I wore half wigs. from Sept to Dec I wore full wigs.

Last edited:

sapphire18

Krystle~Hime
Please, don't forget to also post your before pics, without its kinda useless for seeing the progress you made !
damn we were a lot !!!!!

I am sorry I forgot to post my starting pic. Here is my starting pic. The front of my hair was 6.5 inches. The back of my hair measured from the nape was 6 inches The back of my hair measured from the crown was 7.5 inches.

I will post my results tomorrow when I straighten my hair.

fivetimestwo

I'm really disgusted/discouraged/upset about my progress (or lack thereof). I think I overdid it on protein so consequently I feel like my hair is shorter. :ohwell: I posted my "progress" here.

I'll be changing my siggy ASAP...

JeterCrazed

Deleted the pics and put it in my siggy. Too dagon big. :rolleyes:
I measure from center part over left ear.
Before 10"
After 12.5"

Wish I would've measured all over :ohwell:

It's maddening how slow hair grows. :sad:

Last edited:

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Different camera's BUT I think I got exactly 2 inches or a little less. Both pics are wet but I can't remember how many weeks post I was in the starting pic. Ending pic I'm 6 weeks post and quite under processed:ohwell:

Last edited:

Softerlove

Update, my hair grows at different rates, I'm not sure if I retained 2 full inches, but it is getting longer..

Sometime in October:

Krystle~Hime

I WOULD LIKE TO WISH TO EVERY CHALLENGERS an HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!! if it may be too soon but we are already 2012 in Europe !! :grin:
whether you made progress or not, I hope this challenge has helped you to know better your hair, what works, what doesn't work and what you were able to do better to achieve the goal.

for those who hadn't shared yet their results POST THEEEEM !! This thread is worthless without pics :spinning: !!!!!!!!!