2 INCHES in 4 MONTHS (end of 2011 challenge) REVEAL PICS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!

ScorpioBeauty09

So I took pictures after getting my hair done but the ends were curled and I couldn't see my growth until I stretched the ends. I wanted to wait until they got straight but I was so busy with family/Christmas etc. I never got around to it. So my end result pic isn't what I was hoping it was going to be but my hair is essentially 3-4 inches longer than it was at the beginning of this challenge. I'm washing my hair this week I may add a new pic then.

September 1, 2011

October 2011

December 21, 2011

Last edited:

QueenAmaka

Live, Love, Laugh :)
^^^ great progress!!!

my hair is still braided (beehive style). I'll be taking them down and relaxing in 2 weeks. Reveal pics to be posted then :)

BreeNique

Happy New Year, ladies!

I didn't flat iron my hair, and I don't have any plans to do so in the next couple of weeks, so I have no photos to contribute to this LOVELY thread!

I did meet my 2 inch goal, and I'm overjoyed. Since going natural, I'malmost afraid of my own hair (hardly ever wear it straight; twist-outs are my besties, etc), but this challenge has reminded me that hair grows and hair dies, it's all about what I do with it in the middle!

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
i will be flat-ironing either today. or tomorrow. i am extra nervous that I didn't retain a dang thing lol. but we shall see....

song_of_serenity

I wish I was as good with this as I tried to be. I ate horribly, didn't take any vitamins and didn't stay in twists but puffed all the time. :/ I DID gain thickness and retained some length. The stretched hair in Dec is the section under my ears alone! I loosed my bun to take that pic. Best I have sorry!:nono:

dachsies_rule!

It took me a few months, but i finally found a regimen my hair likes. My hair didn't like co-washing and/or rinsing everyday 'cause my growth stalled...i think i was washing away too much of my sebum. I got 1-1/2 inches, but most of that was from the last 2 months.

September top
4 months top.jpg

September front
4 months front.jpg

Today top
8 mos top.jpg

Today front
8 mos front LHCF.jpg

MaraWithLove

Sorry for the lateness ladies, haven't been on and I apologize! Anyhow, I don't (think) I got the 2 inches...It's more like I learned about my hair in the process and gained around 1.5 inches? Haha. I trimmed my hair about 1/4 inch in October just for the sake of it. I think I know what to do from now on though, and that's what matters! Thanks for letting me be a part of this! :)

MaraWithLove

Hmm I don't have appropriate pics to compare-I didn't do a length check pic in September where I stretched my hair, so this is the best I can do:

Black = now
Pink-red: late August-September

Attachments

• 2012-01-02 13.53.16.jpg
    2012-01-02 13.53.16.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 2011082114_52_17-vi.jpg
    2011082114_52_17-vi.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 22
  • Picture020-vi.jpg
    Picture020-vi.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 2012-01-02 12.38.22.jpg
    2012-01-02 12.38.22.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

sapphire18

I am sorry about the late posting of my results. My hair has only grown about 1 inch instead of my intended 2 inches. The first 3 months I really struggled taking care of my hair without it becoming an all day process. I also have a scalp build up problem (because my texture makes it hard to get my scalp clean). I have recently switched back to sulfate shampoos for the time being. I only wash my hair once a week because I just don't have the time. I can not do a wash and go with my multiple texture hair nor can I even fit my hair in a ponytail since my hair has gotten so thick. I will have to work on a hair regi that doesn't take all day. Overall, I am just happy my hair grew some. My hair is now 8 inches in the front and 8.5 inches in the back.

results photo1
results photo2
starting pic

Last edited:

GIJane

hey guys,

big apologies because i didn't take any pics in september, i can only do a comparison from my (1)June, (2)nov and (3)dec pics: sorry:perplexed

youwillrise it looks like you received over an inch between november and december. That's fabolous. Did you use growth aids? Also, please share your regimen.

youwillrise

youwillrise it looks like you received over an inch between november and december. That's fabolous. Did you use growth aids? Also, please share your regimen.

Hey GIJane

The first pictures are from late august and the other ones are from late december. So, it was really between the 4 months. I wish I got a whole inch in one month! I didn't even get a full 2 inches in the whole challenge...I got kinda close, but not there. I don't use any growth aids...too lazy lol. I use protective styling. Twists/braids with ends tucked under.

Lexsmarie

**UPDATE***

Alrighty..... I had great intentions and was so excited to accomplish this goal. However, due to a bad allergic reaction to a medication, I had to cut off 2-3 inches. Not to worry, I am confident my hair will grow beyond BSL in 2012!

Below is before and after pics:

August 28, 2011
SANY0197.jpg

December 29, 2011
Hair 12-29-2011.jpg

Sesi

Unfortunately i won't have any pics to share. My camera died. And I mamaged to pour water or my laptop, effectively killing it too. My sources of picture-aking are no more.

I did gain some length. I don't know. I am at the very beginning of SL length hair now, and my hair can reach the bottom of my upper lip when pulled down (Four moths ago, it only got to the tip of my nose.

Sorry!!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
This is a very realistic challenge. :up: I'd like to wish you all well, and even if you don't hit the 2 inch mark, you will have made some kind of tangible progress. :)

newnyer

Aww yes, I think I've MAY have made it. Since I started this challenge with a fresh relaxer I will post pics ASAP following my next touch up...which should be in the next week or so. Hopefully I won't have to take off too much length during my trim. I think I did relatively good the last four months with the exception of the last 2 of the year....I must admit I was kind of neglecting my hair when the holiday season rolled around. Let's hope my tiny bit of carelessness didn't set me back too much. CROSS OUR FINGERS!!

Will update soon! OH and thanks so much for the challenge!! I know I was quiet in this thread but I really loved using this as a hair goal!

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
i don't like not updating challenges, so here are my results. i don't know if i made 2 inches but hey it's something.

the one on the left is sept 17th, 2011. one on the right is jan. 7th, 2012.