2 Inches In 4 Months Challenge (sep - Dec 2015)

faithVA

Hey y'all! My subscription needed renewing but I didn't receive notification. I was up here thinking lhcf had gone mad and poofed threads. Glad I finally logged in on the computer.

I'm still rocking kinky twists but they are loosening up. I haven't even washed in them yet. I have been using sulfur oil mic on my scalp and groganics on my edges.

Welcome back.

charmtreese

My twist are feeling heavier and they look as if they are even hanging longer. I've been consistent with my vitamins and just recently introduced Mineral Rich into my vitamin regimen. I'm also using sulfur products (Beemine & Green Magic) to help with growth. So far I'm felling optimistic!!

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I've been thinking about trying evoo again in my regimen.
I let it go yrs ago because it seemed to sit on my strands.
My morning oil has been emu oil. It makes my hair sooooo soft...but it doesn't give off shine.

I'll try evoo in the morning tomorrow.

faithVA

Each month I'm going to track how many twists I need for a twist out. If I ever get to 20 I will think I have arrived. Tonight I out in 45. :ohwell: With length I should need less and less.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I trimmed an inch off. So. Hopefully i just get it back by April.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

yaya24

Used EVOO this morning while taking down my flar twist.
Not bad

JoyBelle

I DC'd then air dried in twists. I'm bunning it now. I'm not happy with the results so I think I am going to re-wash tomorrow night then do a Bantu knot out or something. My PJism has come out of remission for this challenge, and I keep going back to my staple products to fix the havoc my experiments cause. . .

Last edited:

yaya24

Day 2 with EVOO.
Much oilier than my emu, but I'm loving the shine.

nisemac

washed using Shea Moistures JBCO shampoo, Cantu leave-in, then braided sealing with JBCO. i could see this being my standard routine if i was at least SL.

discovered that, if i apply leave in and gel when sopping wet, i can literally shake and go. no need to shingle. curls pop and hair kinda falls nicely into place. wng this spring/summer could be really nice.

thinking about getting some LUSH henna to color my gray...it seems to be coming in fierce (or i'm just really noticing it).

still looking for 'the' perfect wig. still itching to cut it all off.( i have a half wig just for workouts) but if i can hold out until i hit SL while stretched, i should be good.

faithVA

washed using Shea Moistures JBCO shampoo, Cantu leave-in, then braided sealing with JBCO. i could see this being my standard routine if i was at least SL.

discovered that, if i apply leave in and gel when sopping wet, i can literally shake and go. no need to shingle. curls pop and hair kinda falls nicely into place. wng this spring/summer could be really nice.

thinking about getting some LUSH henna to color my gray...it seems to be coming in fierce (or i'm just really noticing it).

still looking for 'the' perfect wig. still itching to cut it all off.( i have a half wig just for workouts) but if i can hold out until i hit SL while stretched, i should be good.

Stay away from the scissors and keep searching for that wig. You can do it. You can hold out and reach SL. Are you in the SL challenge? You should come join us.

faithVA

After washing I pulled out my band to see how my puff was coming along. Its coming along. I can see progress. I think to have a nice one though I will have to two wait until the end of the summer. Patience! Patience!

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Finally took my beehive down after 2 weeks of wigging it. Cowashed my hair with tresseme flawless curls after i clarified with suave Clarifying Shampoo. Then applied cantu leave in and shea moisture Jamaican black castor oil strengthen leave in and hair lotion on top if that. My hair still damp and then dry

View attachment 297527

View attachment 297529

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I am going to be under a wig for the next month or so. I will be washing my hair once a week and keeping it neatly braided underneath. Hopefully more frequent washing equals faster growth.

JoyBelle

I blow dried my hair, and now it's in twists for some sort of twist out. I am going to keep my hair in braids or twists until next week. I'll keep my hair moisturized and will probably dust my ends.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I moisturized with aloe/hello hydration. Next, I trimmed about 1/2 inch from each one of my braids. Then I sealed with argan oil. My ends feel so smooth and thick now. Before the trim I had tapered fairy ends. Today is a lengthening trim day according to the Morocco Method. I'll grow that hair back in a month or so...

nisemac

did a mild protein treatment. think i will need to use my Aphogee 2 minute once every 2 weeks. made a difference in shedding. been keeping it simple. wash, conditioner, leave in then Celie plaits sealed with JBCO. pretty much every 3 days. the front is rinsed daily because i leave it out and use gel to blend it with half wig.

just purchased some hair and wig clips. plan to make my own clip ins. i think this is a better option than the half wig.

xu93texas

I'm getting frustrated with my hair. It's growing and I'm retaining, but I'm just in a funky mood about my hair. On the flip side, I should have 2 inches by the end of April:)

bluenvy

Took down my twists I installed last month. To my surprise not much shed hair. That's great since I'm just over 2 weeks Postpartum, I know I have some months to go but I feel confident. My hair looks over an inch of growth since the start of this challenge so I should make my 2 inches by the end.

Anyhow I washed, dc ms and put up in a bun.
Before washed I love how it looked when taken down I snapped a pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 44

faithVA

Took down my twists I installed last month. To my surprise not much shed hair. That's great since I'm just over 2 weeks Postpartum, I know I have some months to go but I feel confident. My hair looks over an inch of growth since the start of this challenge so I should make my 2 inches by the end.

Anyhow I washed, dc ms and put up in a bun.
Before washed I love how it looked when taken down I snapped a pic

It looks big and sassy. Very nice.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Today is wash day. I'm going to use my new Kerastase Oleo Relax mask. I did a test run with it on dd's hair last night. It has a light scent and a little goes a long way. It's super concentrated. Her hair was easy to detangle even before I added any product. Hopefully it works just as well on my hair.