2 Inches In 4 Months Challenge (sep - Dec 2015)

gvin89

Thank you ladies...I'm hoping for the best. I will definitely dc and do a protein treatment. Then it's back to twists for me.

SN: How often do you all trim? I usually do blowouts twice a year.

Evolving78

Thank you ladies...I'm hoping for the best. I will definitely dc and do a protein treatment. Then it's back to twists for me. SN: How often do you all trim? I usually do blowouts twice a year.
I trim/dust a lot. I just like clean ends. Is there a way you can lightly dust without doing a blow out? I trim my daughter's hair without it being straight.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I want to trim too. I don't like how my ends are starting to taper. I have to wait until I straighten my hair next month.

faithVA

I went to salon for a blow out and trim which unfortunately was a bad decision. The stylist had major difficulty and ended up 1) cutting close to 3 inches of healthy hair and 2) doing too many passed with the flat iron for the curl not to hold at all.

I'm trying to get my mind together for the damage that lies ahead when I wash it.

:bighug: I'm sorry you had such a bad experience.

faithVA

Sorry I've been mia.

I trimmed last month. I wanted to get my 2" but I didn't want to end up having a set back so I did what needed to be done. Not sure if I will get 2" or not. I didn't really take good pictures to track my progress.

We are in April ladies. We have 28 days to reach our goal :yep:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
faithVA this final stretch will be the best yet. I plan to massage my scalp daily, use aloe and mn 3x a week and invert for a few minutes a day.

I am also stepping up my health and fitness game. Clean eating, cardio and yoga. My bday is in 2 months and I want to be able to look cute without wearing spanx :lachen:

faithVA

faithVA this final stretch will be the best yet. I plan to massage my scalp daily, use aloe and mn 3x a week and invert for a few minutes a day.

I am also stepping up my health and fitness game. Clean eating, cardio and yoga. My bday is in 2 months and I want to be able to look cute without wearing spanx :lachen:

You have been on a mission. I am cheering you on.

Evolving78

Sorry I've been mia. I trimmed last month. I wanted to get my 2" but I didn't want to end up having a set back so I did what needed to be done. Not sure if I will get 2" or not. I didn't really take good pictures to track my progress. We are in April ladies. We have 28 days to reach our goal :yep:
I'm hanging in there! I am going to straighten today to see where my crown is at! 2 inches in that area will be awesome! I have stretched it and it looks like it's there? I have been trimming/dusting away, so I don't know about everywhere else. I'm transitioning, so I'm really trying to work on the health of my hair.

faithVA

How is everyone doing in here. We have 21 days until the end of this round. I will mention everyone on the 24th to give everyone time for their check in pictures.

Let me know if you want to do a round next quarter. Now that its so easy to change the title of the thread, we can just keep on going.

faithVA

I'm ready for my end of the month pics. I won't know if I got 2" but right now I know I'm at least making progress. I doubt that I got 2" but maybe I retained 1.5". I don't think I retained anything in the front which is odd. But my back is coming along. I think the front of my hair grows fast to a point and then stops.

I'm going to take better pictures next time so I can really compare.

Come on hair, give me another 1/2" before the months end.

faithVA

Glad this was sort of bumped! Lol tryin to work a style wear I can wear my hair out and not feel self conscious.

If I can do it, I know you can. Your hair is longer than mine even with that problem area. Maybe wear the front curled and the back in some kind of updo.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
How is everyone doing in here. We have 21 days until the end of this round. I will mention everyone on the 24th to give everyone time for their check in pictures.

Let me know if you want to do a round next quarter. Now that its so easy to change the title of the thread, we can just keep on going.
Let's keep this going! I'm not sure how much I have retained (because of micro trims), but I definitely see more growth than I have been getting.

xu93texas

Yes, definitely want to do this for the rest of the year.

I'm positive I retained 2 inches in the front. I'm close to 2 inches everywhere else.