2 Inches In 4 Months Challenge (sep - Dec 2015)

faithVA

I feel you on that last statement.....last year was rough for me and my mane, but we are on a come up. I actually went back through old posts when my hair was thriving to see what my routine was and the products I used.

I agree. We are on a come up. I'm actually wearing my hair out today and quite pleased with it, which is rare. It's a good way to start the year.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Thanks ladies..hopefully the rest of my hair will make it by the end of December. And I'm not tall at all lol I wish (in heels I am though does that count) and I don't know anything about long or short torsos as I've never thought about that factoring in. Anyway we all just need to keep pushing forward.

PureSilver

I really thought I joined this challenge as well. I'm aiming for 2 inches by april and using every possible means to get there.

jprayze

My ends need a light trim. I hate to do it but it's necessary. I want to maximize my retention. Monday is a good day based on the Morocco Method so Monday it is and then no more trimming until after the end of this challenge.

Hoping to get crochet braids soon and hide my hair for a bit.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I reincorporated sulfur oil into my regimen back in November. I've restarted w/MN at the beginning of this month. So I've been alternating both MN and sulfur each day. I was using NJoy oil mix, but I switched to Liquid Gold Green Magic this past couple weeks. I will return to the NJoy oil sometime in February.

I ran out of my protein shake mix. I need to reup on that. May go to Vitamin Shoppe today.

gvin89

On Friday morning, I had a wash session. Prepoo'd with aohsr & coconut oil. Washing with jc moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. I finger detangled and wore it in plaits.

I measured my hair and it's 10 inches in the back and 11 in the front. My edges are very thin and fragile so I must focus on them for awhile.

I just finished moisturizing and putting it in a low bun.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
My name is not on the "official" list, but I am still in this.

I washed Friday night and conditioned with silicon mix and my hothead cap.

I started incorporating ACV into my regimen and I finalllly figured out a ratio that works for me. I may give up traditional shampoo and stick with the ACV/Water mix once my stash is out.

faithVA

Didn't remember to oil my scalp yesterday so will get it in tonight. Still washing every 3 days and doing mud scalp treatments once a week.

My SO noticed that my hair was growing last night so that is good. My back is slowly coming along. I have just one section on my left side that is in really bad shape. But I'm retaining so that is good.

Keeping hair in flat twists probably through March. That keeps my hands out of it.

gvin89

Getting kinky twists installed right now...plan to keep them in through the end of March. My hair usually does very well in braids so I'm hoping for some growth.

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Im getting my hair done tomorrow so I'm going to do an overnight prepoo with avj, coconut oil and alter ego

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
Adding mineral rich to my regime. Just took my first dose this morning and I really like the taste so I won't have any problems taking it

Evolving78

Just trying to keep it together and conquer this retaining thing. I've done it many times before. This seems to be the most challenging.

Evolving78

Think I am going to end my stretch in a week or so and get a professional Relaxer. I think I need to end the wig thing and go back to bunning. I can wear the wig when I want to get jazzy. I may need to go back to washing my hair every few days instead of once a week. So once I get my relaxer, I will go back to roller setting as well and relaxer every 8-10 weeks.

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I guess my starting measurements weren't accurate, because my hair measured shorter yesterday :sad: On the bright side my short layers are catching up to the longer layers. There used to be at least a 4 inch difference. Now the difference is 2 inches.

jesusislove1526

Medium twists with braided roots that I completed on Sunday. They were supposed to be small twists with braided roots, but I realized that I don't have as much free time to do them as I used to.

Attachments

• 1-25-15 Med Twists w BR (1).jpg
    1-25-15 Med Twists w BR (1).jpg
    499.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 1-25-15--Med Twists w BR.jpg
    1-25-15--Med Twists w BR.jpg
    498.5 KB · Views: 53

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Yeah my measurements were way off. I measured today and crown is 12.5 inches
Sides are 9 inches and back is 10 inches.

I don't care about the shorter layers, but I want my back to reach 12 inches by the end of April

PlainJane

Just used jbco on my scalp but I'm not sure if it will work. I looked online and the shelf life says 1-2 years. I need another bottle.

bluenvy

I to put in some twists I had since Monday. Leaving in for two weeks. Glad I did, don't want to even touch my hair.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 44

charmtreese

I received my green magic and mineral rich today...I better get 2 inches by the end of this challenge! I measured my hair last week and I was 12-12.5 inches all over, I'm measuring monthly.

faithVA

I can't tell if my hair is growing. But I can get the back in a banana clip so that's progress. I can't tuck it all under yet for a bun but with three more months to go I have positive expectations for the spring. :grin: