2 Inches In 4 Months Challenge (sep - Dec 2015)

PlainJane

Is the jbco sticky? I bought some, and never used it. I read some one was using it for oil rinses

It's pretty thick not very sticky. You don't notice how thick it is once it's applied. I've used mine only to oil my scalp on areas I'm trying to thicken and grow.

JoyBelle

I went through my wash routine yesterday then rollerset. I tried the "large" rollers from Annie (over 50) to see if my roots would be smoother. It worked compared to the extra jumbo but that may be due to technique. The results were Curly Sue-ish so I Bantu knotted over night. It didn't help much...

I need to up my water intake.

Attachments

• image-4021889416.jpg
    image-4021889416.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 42
  • image-2884009452.jpg
    image-2884009452.jpg
    396.9 KB · Views: 80

Evolving78

January is pretty much over. How are you ladies doing in here?
my growth seems to be doing fine going to wash my hair and roller set it after my doctor appt. I'm going to have some blood work done. I plan on picking up some chia seeds and adding them to my salads and sprinkle on top of my veggies.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse

I'm doing well. My blowout is a week old. I reduced mn application to 2 days a week instead of every other day. It was time consuming and it made my hair too heavy and greasy.

I also started eating clean. Protein, veggies, nuts, fruit, etc. I am avoiding dairy, sugar and bread. As much as I love these things, they are holding me back from reaching my weight goal.

greenandchic

My hair is doing well, especially since I started DCing weekly a few months ago. I started co-washing again between shampooing and my hair suddenly likes it again. :lol: I need more regular conditioner for that. I'm a slow grower so its all about preserving what I have.

JoyBelle

I just put in some chunky twists. They are already frizzy, but they are helping me ignore my hair and keep my hands out of it.

I miss the search function. I've been going to google and typing longhaircareforum.com: air dry rollerset to find more information. I miss the search function.

Pennefeather

I went through my wash routine yesterday then rollerset. I tried the "large" rollers from Annie (over 50) to see if my roots would be smoother. It worked compared to the extra jumbo but that may be due to technique. The results were Curly Sue-ish so I Bantu knotted over night. It didn't help much...

I need to up my water intake.

JoyBelle,

You have a ton of hair! It's beautiful.

JoyBelle

JoyBelle, You have a ton of hair! It's beautiful.

^^^your hair is thick and lovely!

Thank you ladies!!

I have these twists in an updo right now, but they are unraveling... I used different products this time including gel which I thought would keep the twists together better than curly pudding. I was wrong. I think I am going to wash in the twists then convert them to braids sometime today/this evening.

nisemac

still hanging in there. trying to gauge my shedding--since i've always kept my hair short, i'm not used to seeing shedding.

still struggling with my protective styles and working out. the workouts are getting more intense, which means more sweating, and more rinsing/washing. defeats purpose of low manipulation.

Evolving78

I had my blood work done yesterday, so hopefully by Tuesday, I will know what is going on. The doctor had my b12 and folate levels checked. I had blood drawn for several other things as well. I still haven't washed my hair yet, nor been to the bss. The weather has been really crazy.

SpicyPisces

3 Years Natural
I've been using a homemade sulfur mix for a few days now and so far so good. I just need to get use to the smell :look:.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just massaged my scalp with mn and jbco. I'm only doing 2 days a week now since it's so greasy. I will probably wear a bun daily until I get my hair done again.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Pink lip today! I bought a bunch of lipsticks from Milani Cosmetics and I absolutely love them. I know this has nothing to do with hair but I do have on my wig lol. I also cowashed my hair today with Tresemme flawless curls conditioner. I then applied cantu leave in and shea moisture Jamaican black castor oil strengthen, grow, restore, leave in and styling lotion. My hair is still in a beehive.

View attachment 296485

View attachment 296487

xu93texas

Pink lip today! I bought a bunch of lipsticks from Milani Cosmetics and I absolutely love them. I know this has nothing to do with hair but I do have on my wig lol. I also cowashed my hair today with Tresemme flawless curls conditioner. I then applied cantu leave in and shea moisture Jamaican black castor oil strengthen, grow, restore, leave in and styling lotion. My hair is still in a beehive.

Beautiful!! I want you to make me a wig!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm applying my mn/sulfur tomorrow. I just got home from work so I let my hair down for the night. It feels so good to be out of that bun.

Evolving78

I'm washing and setting my hair today. This time I will use a little bit of setting lotion, roll going back, wear it curly, and not flat iron the roots.

gvin89

Hey y'all! My subscription needed renewing but I didn't receive notification. I was up here thinking lhcf had gone mad and poofed threads. Glad I finally logged in on the computer.

I'm still rocking kinky twists but they are loosening up. I haven't even washed in them yet. I have been using sulfur oil mic on my scalp and groganics on my edges.