2 Inches In 4 Months Challenge (sep - Dec 2015)

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just massaged my scalp for a few minutes. Now my hair is in a bun until bedtime. I'm not sure if I will moisturize tonight. I have been inside all day and my hair still feels good.

JoyBelle

I left Vatika oil in my hair over night. DC'd this morning with a conditioner mix and did a Maka treatment with Biotin on my roots. Shampooed it out and did a quick three minute condition. Applied my leave-ins and Shea butter then braided for a braid out this weekend.

I think I am going to henna next week. I'm also going to start M&S my ends nightly perhaps Baggie my bun as well... Not sure.

How's it growing ladies?

jesusislove1526

faithVA--I finally took my current length pictures, so here I go.

1. Starting pic (required for official challengers)
Attached, even though you can't see where my hands are in the pictures of the sides of my head.

2. Current Length
15 inches in the front
16 inches on each side
14.5 inches in the back

3. Regimen
I cowash or DC once a week. I use cholesterol or a moisturizing conditioner for my DC's and a cleansing conditioner for my cowashes.

I do long term protective styles [3-4 weeks each]. They are primarily twists with braided roots, but I may also do a set of mini braids.

I moisturize and seal every other day and after DC's and cowashes using the LCO method.

I spritz my scalp daily with a water/olive oil mix.

4. What will you do to achieve your goal
I will be consistent with what I do to my hair and will exercise patience with the growth process.

Attachments

• 1-1-15--Beginning 2015 Collage.jpg
    1-1-15--Beginning 2015 Collage.jpg
    331.2 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Evolving78

Took my Vits this morning, had a protein drink, and will be drinking some major water!
Moisturized my cornrows and oiled my scalp.

nisemac

today is wash day...still searching for THE wig so that i can hide all of my hair. still thinking about braids too, but am worried my hair is too fine.

the infusium23/jbco/evoo pre-poo is no joke. may try henna for first time this weekend.

had the urge to cut it off and dye it.

xu93texas

I started reusing LG Green Magic this week and I'm using Megatek twice/week.

Last edited:

Naphy

1. Starting pic (required for official challengers)
2. Current Length: NL/SL
3. Regimen:

CW : 2x/week
Pre-Poo + Wash + DC : 1x/week
Clarify : 1x/month
Moisturize & Seal with Sulfur Mix : 2x/day
GHE : 5x/week
Inversion : 1x/month
Daily Protective Style : Glueless Lace Front Wig and cornrow underneath (redo them 1x/week)
Supplement : Hairfinity + Ginkgo Biloba + Maca Root

4. What will you do to achieve your goal:
A tight regimen ! + Water (2L/day) + Exercise (30mn/day - 5x/week)
+ Clear mind/stressfree with meditation (1x/day) + Carrot in my smoothies every day + Okinawa diet (with a lot of seafood) + Bamboo Leaf Tea (every night)

5. Anything else you would like to share:
LET'S GOOO :grin:

Attachments

• StartingPicMNChallenge.jpg
    StartingPicMNChallenge.jpg
    315.2 KB · Views: 38

xu93texas

I did my first blowout this past weekend to accurately measure my hair. I BC last month and I measured about 3 inches all around, except for the nape at 2 inches (stretched).

My current length:
Front-4 inches
Nape-2.75 inches
Left side- 3.5 inches
Right side-3.5 inches
Crown-3.5 inches

JoyBelle

I did a henna treatment this morning and am now under the heating cap with DC. I'm going to twist it up and bun till late next week.

Evolving78

Ends seem decent so far. Washing my hair today. I have a lot of new growth, so I won't be able to get good measurement. I will just go off of my crown, which is 3.5 inches. I was just snipping away last week. It would probably be 4, but whatever. Two inches in my crown area would allow me to feel more comfortable wearing my hair out. But I will continue to hide it.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I massaged my scalp for a few minutes today. I am wearing a baggy right now to trap in some moisture. I have too much new growth to cross wrap so I am sleeping in 3 braids tonight.

nisemac

adjusting my routine. with all this working out, i need to rinse aftwards. and definitely wash/cowash by the third day or my scalp gets angry. i've switched from cornrows to Celie plaits under the wig. still trying to find THE wig that will look natural and let me hide all of my hair.

doc said shedding is due to thyroid issue :( meds are being adjusted. still try to plan henna soon.

also have the strong urge to cut it down again. i may have to do a second trim as i still have a few knots on the ends.

there is a part of me that loves my hair short and loves the convenience. but there is also a part of me that wants to get just past SL so that i have more styling options. i know then i will just twist it or pin it up.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Finally did my set. Feeling a little better today. I didn't use any creams or gels as I wasn't doing a set to wear out as a style. My hair is going bavk in protective style mode. Just wanted to get a length check. Anyway I'm a very slow grower. The last lc was taken October 19th and I've done two 1/4inch dustings since then. This should give you an idea of my growth as its been 3 months. I invert and use NJoy oil almost nightly (at least 3-6 times per week I oil). Here's products I used and flexirods I used and my hair before rodding, after and takedown. Again first lc pic taken in October.

View attachment 294505

View attachment 294507

View attachment 294509

View attachment 294511

View attachment 294513

View attachment 294515

View attachment 294517

View attachment 294519

View attachment 294521

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
^^^Yeah I'm a shortie too. 5'. But for some strange reason apl to bsl is 5 inches apart. Luckily mbl is right below bsl

faithVA

Last night I was doing my hair and panicking. What if I don't get 2" :cry:

Ok, deep breath. My hair has grown in the front based on the grays and I am retaining. I'm not sure what the back is doing. It doesn't seem like it is moving.

I'm just going to keep giving it love and hopefully something dramatic will happen.

After the breakage I had last year though, I really, really, really need these 2" in the back :yep:

gvin89

Last night I was doing my hair and panicking. What if I don't get 2" :cry:

Ok, deep breath. My hair has grown in the front based on the grays and I am retaining. I'm not sure what the back is doing. It doesn't seem like it is moving.

I'm just going to keep giving it love and hopefully something dramatic will happen.

After the breakage I had last year though, I really, really, really need these 2" in the back :yep:

I feel you on that last statement.....last year was rough for me and my mane, but we are on a come up. I actually went back through old posts when my hair was thriving to see what my routine was and the products I used.