USE UP YOUR STASH CHALLENGE 2014: Session 2

krissyhair

I haven't bought anything hair or personal care related since my move, and it's a good thing. I had to buy a 5 drawer stand to store all my junk in, and some of it is sitting on top.

I'm not in the positron to use anything up yet, my current products are pretty full. But by the end of this month maybe I'll have something to report, like a cowash conditioner.

ImanAdero

Going to Cowash tonight and probably do some big twists/braids and wear it out tomorrow.

I plan to use the Shea Radiance cream and hopefully can use it up! Dunno about using up one of my conditioners, but I'm gonna try!

ImanAdero

Also debating on it I want to buy some of these new Shea Moisture products. I've heard the leave in from the JBCO line is really good and I REALLY want to see how that new Manuka Honey line will be.

Hmmm... I need to use something or two in order to justify these potential purchases lol.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I bought the curl collection koils by nature box because it seemed like a good deal. Im going to try not to buy anything else till black Friday, except maybe rinse out conditioner if i use up what i have.

mz.rae

I just threw away a whole bunch of products last month, it kind of was a waste. But a lot of stuff I threw away were from my relaxed days so I don't feel bad.

faithVA

Finally used up the devs curl one. Will see if the curls ecstasy is a good replacement.

I love the NG herbal blends. Bought a new jar.

Probably using up the silk elements scalp treatment next.

ImanAdero

Went to a natural hair event and got all these in my swag bag (see attached).

Also I KNOW I'm going to Target this weekend to search for that manuka honey line... After this month I'm gonna have to be on a SERIOUS no buy!

On a better note: I combined my Cantu leave in into my big spray bottle so that bottle is gone (even if the product isn't). I hope to finish my Redken Clear Moisture conditioner too.

Attachments

• image-3510463952.jpg
    image-3510463952.jpg
    380.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

faithVA

Also I KNOW I'm going to Target this weekend to search for that manuka honey line... After this month I'm gonna have to be on a SERIOUS no buy!

On a better note: I combined my Cantu leave in into my big spray bottle so that bottle is gone (even if the product isn't). I hope to finish my Redken Clear Moisture conditioner too.

Nice samples.

I saw the manuka honey conditioner in my target yesterday. It was $20. I didn't take a look at it since I have just purchased 7 conditioners. I'm not going to be in the market soon.Hopefully it is nice though. Manuka honey is expensive.

oneastrocurlie

Nice samples.

I saw the manuka honey conditioner in my target yesterday. It was $20. I didn't take a look at it since I have just purchased 7 conditioners. I'm not going to be in the market soon.Hopefully it is nice though. Manuka honey is expensive.

$20? What it a double pack? Geez.

faithVA

$20? What it a double pack? Geez.

:lol: Nope just a regular size bottle. I think Manuka honey cost from $24 to $36 a jar. So yeah, that product is going to be more expensive.

I have had Manuka honey and I refused to put it on my hair it was so expensive :lol:

oneastrocurlie

:lol: Nope just a regular size bottle. I think Manuka honey cost from $24 to $36 a jar. So yeah, that product is going to be more expensive.

I have had Manuka honey and I refused to put it on my hair it was so expensive :lol:

Interesting. I got the masque for $11.99, the regular shampoo and conditioner were 9.99 each at Target.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Used up the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie. Will pick it up again sometime in the near future.

I was tempted to get some Soultanicals stuff. That Knot Sauce is really good.

ImanAdero

So I used a little bit of th Hydratherma Protein Balance leave in... I dunno if it did anything, it kinda just felt like thick water -____-

Anywho, also used both the wondercurl AND the new ecostyler "pudding"... I think I like wondercurl. Not as much hold as I would really want, but still pretty good definition. The ecostyler didn't really so much at all.

Sealed it all in with some almond oil.

I think in 2 more co washes I should be finished with the trader Joe's TTT and back to working on other products.

I'm gonna finish SOMETHING this month! Lol.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Shampoo
K-PAK Reconstruct Shampoo

Conditioner
K-PAK Reconstruct Conditioner
K-PAK Deep Penetrating Reconstructor--->TRASHED
ORS Replenishing Pak- Professional
Shea Moisture Anti-Breakage Masque
Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque
Shea Moisture Balancing Conditioner
Shea Moisture Volumizing Conditioner
Shea Moistue Restorative Conditioner
Shea Moisture Curl & Shine Conditioner
Aubrey Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing
Aubrey Island Natural Replenishing
Aubrey White Camellia Ultra-Smoothing:yep:
Carols Daughter Black Vanilla Hydrating
Trader Joes Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner
Trader Joes Nourish Spa Conditioner:yep:
Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor
============================================
Aussie Moist
Suave Humectant Moisture
Herbal Essences Hello Hydration :yep:

Leave-In/Moisturizer
Mizani Coconut Souffle
GVP The Conditioner- Leave In Conditioner (Paul Mitchell)
Mizani H2O Intense Night-Time Treatment
Cantu SheaButter Leave-In
Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie (x3)---->(x2) Gave one away.
Eden Body Works Coconut Shea All Natural Leave In Conditioner
Hawaiian Silky Miracle Worker 14 in 1
Aphogee Pro-Vitamin Leave In

Other
Murrays Hair Dressing Pomade

**I am only listing things that I NEED to get rid of or things that I am unsure about. Staples are not listed!**

Finished my Aphogee Pro-Vitamin Leave In. I will be hitting up that HS 14n1 next.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
DCing but nothing used up. I will be in and out of this thread because I am going into hiding my hair for the remainder of the year.

My goal is to use up these products while hiding my hair.
Hawaiian Silky Miracle Worker 14 in 1
Aphogee Pro-Vitamin Leave In

I will be hiding it for 6 to 8 weeks at a time so I will be in during those times when my hair is out, to update on the DC and poo usage.

Check!!!!!!!!!

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang

This is what I do, its gone as long as the original bottle is gone!

Dayjoy

Old School Member
We used up:

Organix Ever Straight Brazilian Keratin Therapy Flat Iron Spray--not an immediate repurchase, will use up the other spray I have then try one or two more before I decide

Aubrey White Camellia Conditioner (old formula)--can't repurchase :sad: but we have three backups.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
We used up:

Organix Ever Straight Brazilian Keratin Therapy Flat Iron Spray--not an immediate repurchase, will use up the other spray I have then try one or two more before I decide

Aubrey White Camellia Conditioner (old formula)--can't repurchase :sad: but we have three backups.

I was need to this and hated that I never used it earlier.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Ok, used up
AO HSR (will repurchase)
Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Shampoo (will repurchase)
My Honey Child Sophia's Hair Grease (won't repurchase)
HV Vatika Frosting (will repurchase)

My focuses for September will be:

Shampoo: As I Am Cleansing Pudding
Protein: Shea Moisture Tahitian Noni
DC: SD Vanilla Silk
Leave In: Bee Mine Luscious
Seal: HV Cocasta Shikakai

Last edited:

faithVA

I really only have 1 thing I'm trying to use up and that's the Silk Elements Scalp Treatment. During the next challenge phase I may start working on the protein conditioners. I also have the NO products which I like but I won't repurchase for right now. My use up stash is pretty low.

For the rest of the year I will be comparing Jessicurl, Curls Ecstasy and NG conditioners to see which one(s) I like the best.

I still miss my AIA Cleansing Pudding and gel. Maybe next year I will repurchase.

Really starting to simplify my stash.

Ann0804

Tossing:

granier anti frizz serum
HE the butter conditioner
Redken smooth down heat glide
Root simulator dry shampoo

Products I either don't like, or use. Some are just plain old.

ImanAdero

Threw away the bottles for Sally's GVP Reconstructong Conditioner, Redken Clear Moistire and the DevaCurl One Condition I thought I used.

I mixed what was left of them with rosemary essential oil, tea tree essential oil and both regular castor oil and some Safflower oil. It's going to be my "deep conditioning" mix.

So those are "used up"