2012 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

miss_cheveious

TheNDofUO I think I'm about the same, around 2inches, check out my lhcf album because that's a bit of a guess. Yes, it's taken a loong time to actually get close, but thankfully I've got rid of all my damage so it's reaching new lengths healthy

TeeSGee

I believe we post in this thread what were doing to our hair. To be honest I'm not doing nothing with my hair. I have it braided under a 3/4ths detachable wig. I have been slacking on the moisturizing and sealing though. U??

nazjha Ok cool.. i've been doing really well, i slacked last yr, but i've been sticking to my regi and being consistent. I do ponytail rollersets wkly and bun my hair for work so that
so that's helping with retention, i've also been very good with moisturizing and sealing, b4 i would only do it once on wash day now i do it anywhere from 2-3 times/wk

hothair

Been rocking Bantu knot outs. Still going strong want to do highlights this weekend so have to get energy up for a 2 step aphogee treatment

xu93texas

@KiWiStyle,

I'm sorry your CW didn't turn out as expected. This is my regimen for CW:

-DC on dry hair with LustraSilk Shea Butter Cholesterol mixed w/hempseed oil, rosemary, and peppermint oils. I detangle with a wide tooth comb(Magic Star Rake comb-I love this comb!!) Put on plastic cap and 30 min. under dryer.
-Rinse hair thoroughly and CW with Silk Elements MegaSilk Olive oil conditioner. Rinse
-Apply Redken Anti-Snap treatment, Aphogee Pro-Vitamin Leave in, and Elasta QP H2
-Gently detangle with 3 different combs (wide, medium, and fine tooth)
-I get under my Babybliss Pro Thermal Ionic dryer on cool setting for 7 mins. and medium heat for 4-5 minutes. This really silks/straightens my hair. Before, I was airdrying and I didn't get my hair as straight as using my dryer. I really like the results!

Btw, I also have the Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Leave in. I only use that one when I'm going to flat iron or blow dry. It did leave my hair a little hard as well. I don't get the roughness with the Aphogee Pro-Vitamin leave in. :ohwell:

Last edited:

Lilmama1011

xu93texas said:
KiWiStyle,

I'm sorry your CW didn't turn out as expected. This is my regimen for CW:

-DC on dry hair with LustraSilk Shea Butter Cholesterol mixed w/hempseed oil, rosemary, and peppermint oils. I detangle with a wide tooth comb(Magic Star Rake comb-I love this comb!!) Put on plastic cap and 30 min. under dryer.
-Rinse hair thoroughly and CW with Silk Elements MegaSilk Olive oil conditioner. Rinse
-Apply Redken Anti-Snap treatment, Aphogee Pro-Vitamin Leave in, and Elasta QP H2
-Gently detangle with 3 different combs (wide, medium, and fine tooth)
-I get under my Babybliss Pro Thermal Ionic dryer on cool setting for 7 mins. and medium heat for 4-5 minutes. This really silks/straightens my hair. Before, I was airdrying and I didn't get my hair as straight as using my dryer. I really like the results!

Btw, I also have the Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Leave in. I only use that one when I'm going to flat iron or blow dry. It did leave my hair a little hard as well. I don't get the roughness with the Aphogee Pro-Vitamin leave in. :ohwell:

Maybe that's why when I did the curl formers and I sprayed the aphogee green tea my curls was a little on the dry side but on the other hand my hair barely broke tho

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I would love for someone to help me. I texlaxed with the texture softener, but I want to go more strait. Can I do a corrective with no ill effects? I think relaxing strait is better for me because I can get strait hair with no high heat. I can roller set and doobie much easier.

TheNDofUO

miss_cheveious yeah we are about the same. *cyberhighfive!* but I do need to trim my hair. I told my self 4 weeks after my relaxer I would trim. Well its four weeks today... I'm not really feeling a trim. In happier news I'm a quarter into my stretch!

P.S. you're really pretty!

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
xu93texas,

The detangling didn't go well but my oh my word were the final results fantastic! My hair was soft and amazingly straight after air drying in a low ponytail, the Paul Mitchell Super Skinny daily treatment had a lot to do with it, it smooths the cuticles. I think i'll just hold off on using the keratin and green tea reconstructor after weeks 10 for now on. It didn't make my hair hard, it just reduced slippage and made detangling quite a chore. I was planning to do the 2-step protein treatment next week but will put it off until 15wks post now that i'm stretching to 16wks.

Now that I have my professional steamer, I rarely use my standing hood dryer. I won't be shampooing until I clarify at 15wks otherwise my hair will be a tangled mess. I'm going to adopt your prepoo/cw regimen now until relaxer day. How often do you CW? I remember CW more often during one of my previous stretches and I lost very little hair so I'll resume that.

This time I'll CW in 4 sections with:

- AO HSR
- AO WC
- Grapeseed Oil
- Apricot Oil
- Emu Oil
- Peppermint Oil

Rinse and apply:
- paul mitchell super skinny daily treatment...rinse
- Darcy's Botanicals Daily Treatment (pina colada, smells yummy)
- Paul mitchell super skinny serum
- air dry in low ponytail
- moisturize with Jane Carter Nourish & Shine
- Hairveda Vatika Frostin
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil to edges ONLY.
If I do this every 2-3 days, I wonder if I can keep my NG soft enough to want to manipulate it this often and lose less hair.

What do you think, should I tweak this regimen a little or leave it?

xu93texas

@xu93texas,

The detangling didn't go well but my oh my word were the final results fantastic! My hair was soft and amazingly straight after air drying in a low ponytail, the Paul Mitchell Super Skinny daily treatment had a lot to do with it, it smooths the cuticles. I think i'll just hold off on using the keratin and green tea reconstructor after weeks 10 for now on. It didn't make my hair hard, it just reduced slippage and made detangling quite a chore. I was planning to do the 2-step protein treatment next week but will put it off until 15wks post now that i'm stretching to 16wks.

Now that I have my professional steamer, I rarely use my standing hood dryer. I won't be shampooing until I clarify at 15wks otherwise my hair will be a tangled mess. I'm going to adopt your prepoo/cw regimen now until relaxer day. How often do you CW? I remember CW more often during one of my previous stretches and I lost very little hair so I'll resume that.

This time I'll CW in 4 sections with:

- AO HSR
- AO WC
- Grapeseed Oil
- Apricot Oil
- Emu Oil
- Peppermint Oil

Rinse and apply:
- paul mitchell super skinny daily treatment...rinse
- Darcy's Botanicals Daily Treatment (pina colada, smells yummy)
- Paul mitchell super skinny serum
- air dry in low ponytail
- moisturize with Jane Carter Nourish & Shine
- Hairveda Vatika Frostin
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil to edges ONLY.
If I do this every 2-3 days, I wonder if I can keep my NG soft enough to want to manipulate it this often and lose less hair.

What do you think, should I tweak this regimen a little or leave it?

KiWiStyle,
I like your regimen, don't tweak it. Let me know how your hair responds. Your NG will definitely be softer and more manageable with CW every 2-3 days. You have some yummy products that I want to try. :yep:

I was CW every 2-3 days. I just got cornrows done in a beehive pattern to wear under my wigs. So it'll be a while before I get to run a comb or brush through my hair. I'm trying to finalize a regimen for my hair while in cornrows. I'm leaning towards KISS.

I plan to keep the cornrows in for 3 weeks, take down, detangle w/DC on dry hair, pre-poo overnight, clarify, do a protein treatment, and follow up with AE garlic treatment, and get it cornrowed again for another 3 weeks. This should get me to relaxing the weekend of 4/26 or 4/27.

nazjha

@nazjha Ok cool.. i've been doing really well, i slacked last yr, but i've been sticking to my regi and being consistent. I do ponytail rollersets wkly and bun my hair for work so that
so that's helping with retention, i've also been very good with moisturizing and sealing, b4 i would only do it once on wash day now i do it anywhere from 2-3 times/wk

Thats how many times I moisturize and seal in a week. I say I was slacking because i used to do it everyday but now I've cut back tremendeously. But I am so intrested in the ponytail rollersets.
I would love to wear my real out...well in a bun but i'm scared of over manipulation and just touching my hair.
How does the ponytail rollerset benefit you??

sunnieb

Nix08 - Hey Bud! Let's play a game:

You know you're 10 weeks post relaxer when ________

*You're BSL, but your newgrowth shrinks your hair back to APL

*Hair pins get lost in your hair

*When you can put a comb in one side of your hair while you're doing the other side and the comb does.not.move.an.inch

*You begin considering ending your stretch and relaxing

*Cowashing is so much fun.....until you have to detangle :look:

*Coworkers ask "Are you sure you're not natural? I've never seen relaxed hair that looks like yours :ohwell:

miss_cheveious

TheNDofUO Aww thank you :kiss: so sweet!

Why would you chose to trim 4 weeks after your relaxer? Wouldn't you get a more even result doing it all on the same day or close to, I would think..

I rocked a braidout today, my aunt made jokes to my mum (over the phone) about how I shouldn't leave my house like that, but I sent my mum pics and she had to agree that it looked nice.

Have you considered getting a shower filter? I'm so curious about what impact it could make, especially with the hard water we have over here.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
sunnieb I'm not too good at this BUT I am always up for fun and games:lol:

You know you are 10weeks post when:
Dd throws you a ball, you miss the catch and when it hits your head it doesn't hurt:look:

You find your fingers playing in a good inch of curls and they feel so nice:grin:

You think, nah I don't think going natural is for me:ohwell:

You falsely think that when you eventually relax your shrinkage will stretch to waist length:nono:

Nix08 - Hey Bud! Let's play a game:

You know you're 10 weeks post relaxer when ________

*You're BSL, but your newgrowth shrinks your hair back to APL

*Hair pins get lost in your hair

*When you can put a comb in one side of your hair while you're doing the other side and the comb does.not.move.an.inch

*You begin considering ending your stretch and relaxing

*Cowashing is so much fun.....until you have to detangle :look:

*Coworkers ask "Are you sure you're not natural? I've never seen relaxed hair that looks like yours :ohwell:

sunnieb

Nix08 - you did great! :yep: I thought of another one!

You know you're 10 weeks post relaxer when you stand under the shower and you don't feel the water on your scalp. You have to literally "open" your hair to let the water in! :lol:

Ms. Tiki

@Nix08 - you did great! :yep: I thought of another one!

You know you're 10 weeks post relaxer when you stand under the shower and you don't feel the water on your scalp. You have to literally "open" your hair to let the water in! :lol:

Now this drives me crazy. I have to put in work just to get my scalp wet.

My shrinkage goes from BSL to SL

I had my hair gelled in a ponytail and the person I was talking to, that was natural, thought I was natural.

Last edited:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
KiWiStyle,
I like your regimen, don't tweak it. Let me know how your hair responds. Your NG will definitely be softer and more manageable with CW every 2-3 days. You have some yummy products that I want to try. :yep:

I was CW every 2-3 days. I just got cornrows done in a beehive pattern to wear under my wigs. So it'll be a while before I get to run a comb or brush through my hair. I'm trying to finalize a regimen for my hair while in cornrows. I'm leaning towards KISS.

I plan to keep the cornrows in for 3 weeks, take down, detangle w/DC on dry hair, pre-poo overnight, clarify, do a protein treatment, and follow up with AE garlic treatment, and get it cornrowed again for another 3 weeks. This should get me to relaxing the weekend of 4/26 or 4/27.

xu93texas,

I think you should KISS while in breads but doing too little is problematic as well. I plan to use my AE garlic treatment after my relaxer. I'm a product junkie that's trying to recover...I went and bought the Aphogee provitamin leave-in today knowing good and well I didn't need it, SMH!

TeeSGee

Thats how many times I moisturize and seal in a week. I say I was slacking because i used to do it everyday but now I've cut back tremendeously. But I am so intrested in the ponytail rollersets.
I would love to wear my real out...well in a bun but i'm scared of over manipulation and just touching my hair.
How does the ponytail rollerset benefit you??

nazjha I love ponytail sets, it has been so good for my hair, reduce usage of direct heat, low manipulation and my hair stays moisturized longer. b4 i would blow dry and flat iron wkly and although i retained length, my hair was really dry, and since i've been rollersetting with each wash, my hair is so much healthier. check out the rollersetting challenge, there are so many tips over there.:yep:

xu93texas

@xu93texas,

I think you should KISS while in breads but doing too little is problematic as well. I plan to use my AE garlic treatment after my relaxer. I'm a product junkie that's trying to recover...I went and bought the Aphogee provitamin leave-in today knowing good and well I didn't need it, SMH!

Let me know how you like it.:grin:

TeeSGee

Tomorrow i plan to clarify, follow up with moisture poo, then a light protein, will be trying sebastain penetraitt, then Moisture DC with Kenra MC. I plan to pony rollerset then put my hair up for work.

TheNDofUO

miss_cheveious Oh! I should have explained. I'm trying to cut away damage slowly. I don't want to lose length but my ends are not good.

I doubt I'll be getting a shower filter especially as I'm going to uni in September and I'm already very poor. But I use Creamy Aloe shampoo every 4 weeks

TheNDofUO

You know your 10 weeks post when:

-you pretend your fingers are a scissors and you're big chopping (or maybe that just me)
You make everyone feel your curls
Your relaxed hair looks so tired compared to your curls
-and yet you still check and remind yourself of your next relaxer date
When you celebrate stretching milestones
When you use a moisturising DC and psychotically focus on your new growth because you know that ish gets DRY.
When you think - if I just flat iron now and not wash for 2 weeks and can relax at 12 weeks post without having to deal with my super napps.

miss_cheveious

TheNDofUOl That was *Me* in 2010! It's alright girlie, it will probably be less than you expect. I did trims with every relaxer but I only relaxed 2/3 x a year. I just got it over with on relaxer day but I then kept my hair under wigs so it wasn't the biggest issue.

Ah your off to Uni, I just graduated (well in June), if you work part time you won't be poor. Promise!

Last edited:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
sunnieb I'm not too good at this BUT I am always up for fun and games:lol:

You know you are 10weeks post when:
Dd throws you a ball, you miss the catch and when it hits your head it doesn't hurt:look:

You find your fingers playing in a good inch of curls and they feel so nice:grin:

You think, nah I don't think going natural is for me:ohwell:

You falsely think that when you eventually relax your shrinkage will stretch to waist length:nono:

This is hilarious!! I always set myself up for a let down on relaxer day. I somehow allow myself to believe i'll magically have at least six more inches...in my mind only because realistically I know it ain't so.

Onhergrind09

You know you're 10 weeks post when you . . .
moisturize your new growth, but you can't tell the difference.
you have to mentally prepare yourself and sike yourself up before attempting to detangle.
your hair looks nice on the outside but you know what's really going on underneath.:nono:
you know better than to attempt to style your hair.

sunnieb

You know you're 10 weeks post when you . . .
moisturize your new growth, but you can't tell the difference.
you have to mentally prepare yourself and sike yourself up before attempting to detangle.
your hair looks nice on the outside but you know what's really going on underneath.:nono:
you know better than to attempt to style your hair.

Onhergrind09 - I'm feelin' all of this right now! I need to go cowash, but I don't feel like it. :drunk:

I'll mope around another hour or so and go do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.