What Did You Learn Today?

brucebettye

I just noticed today that by walking 5 days a week is helping with my hair growth, I am losing weight, and it is helping clear up my skin. I am going to keep this up!!!!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
LOL. Yeah doesn't it seem out of character for me? I grew up wearing braids and I've had a few weaves over the years. And then I got into wigs last year. This whole time I've just been trying to convince myself that they're "just a protective style" and I need them (or something) to retain length.

But alas, it's not true. I know I can find some way to wear my hair that allows me to retain length without using fake hair. It's funny because I'm so used to being the only natural in the room. And on Saturday, in two different arenas, there was another natural whose hair was GORGEOUS. And there I was with my wig on feeling fakey fake fake.

So umm, I'm really rethinking this whole wig thing. I don't like feeling like a hypocrite and that's how wearing wigs makes me feel.

Girl, You should have Snatched it Off Right then and There and Rocked What The Good Lord Gave 'YA !:lachen:

*closer*2*my*dreams*

I've learned that there is something called wig clips...i saw a picture but i don't know how to use them yet...but it may propmt me to wear my wig more if i knew how lol

LaidBak

I've learned that there is something called wig clips...i saw a picture but i don't know how to use them yet...but it may propmt me to wear my wig more if i knew how lol
I use them to make my own clip in tracks. They have tiny holes in them along the top for you to pass thread through. Some Ladies on here use them to secure the front of their lace weaves.

*closer*2*my*dreams*

I use them to make my own clip in tracks. They have tiny holes in them along the top for you to pass thread through. Some Ladies on here use them to secure the front of their lace weaves.

So that's what those holes were for?! wow... learn something new everyday. I'm going to get my martha stewart-esque friend to sew them in for me. I have a human wig that i've been dying to wear but i havent because it looks to wiggy...maybe with the clips i can pull some of my hair out in the front and sides to make it look more natural. thanks girl!

LaidBak

Today I learned to just give up on the daggone Megatek. Just give it up. Put down the bottle and walk away while I still have hair left on my head.

beans4reezy

I learned that I should be moisturizing my hair in sections to make sure my 14 weeks post, aggressive NG is well moisturized.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I learned that I didn't need a lot of heat to straiten my hair. I also learned how to maintain healthy hair during my transition.:yep: My next lesson is to learn how to braid.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

darlingdiva

I read several of the Joico threads & I learned that I should follow the directions on the bottle. I bought Joico K-Pak Reconstruct and I was planning to use it for 10 minutes on high heat under my heating cap.

With my fine hair, I would've been in hair he!!

Platinum

I learned that I have become obsessed with growth aids. I have plenty but now, I'm at a point that I spend too much time thinking about how to develop the perfect mix to achieve optimum growth.

I'm so ashamed...:help:

Aggie

Let me just start by saying that this is an awesome thread and I am learning right now how different we all are by our many different responses. So much variety is so refreshing and the good thing is we accept each other's differences with respect.

***I have learned that my relaxer stretch now at 6 months feels so much different than the months before. My new growth feels a little unmanageable now but I'm pressing forward anyway.

***I have learned that there is no need to hold on to a relationship with unhealthy ends because they will leave you anyway:lachen:.

***I have learned that my hair really loves natural and organic products more than it does commercial hair products.

***I have also learned that protein really is my friend and not my enemy.

***I have learned that my scalp loves and appreciate MN with sulfur more than any other growth aids.

***I have learned that it is best to wash, condition and treat my hair in 4 big braids while in this long stretch as opposed to being loosed.

***I have learned that hot oil treatments really makes detangling thick new growth so so easily.

***I have learned that while I like the "idea" of being natural, that I really don't want to actually deal with being natural. Texlaxed hair is better for me since I have fine hair.

***I learned that this is the best hair forum on the planet:grin:!***

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I learned that I have become obsessed with growth aids. I have plenty but now, I'm at a point that I spend too much time thinking about how to develop the perfect mix to achieve optimum growth.

I'm so ashamed...:help:

Girl, Don't Worry. You're Skrait.:look: I'll Tell You Mine if You Tell Me Yours :look:and then we'll see. JK.:lachen:

It can't be that bad.:nono:

You'll find your Balance. Don't Fret. You'll get there and the Growth Will Come. I bet Patience is prolly is Actually the Best Growth Aid.:yep:

And I Got All the Patience is The World.

Imma Grow Me Back Some Hurrr.:rolleyes:

pookaloo83

I learned to actually read the directions on the back of the Porosity Control Bottle. It says to leav in 30 seconds, so do what they tell you. I was leaving it in for about 15 mins and my hair felt funny. When I did it for te 30 sec my air felt sooo good!

Platinum

Girl, Don't Worry. You're Skrait.:look: I'll Tell You Mine if You Tell Me Yours :look:and then we'll see. JK.:lachen:

It can't be that bad.:nono:

You'll find your Balance. Don't Fret. You'll get there and the Growth Will Come. I bet Patience is prolly is Actually the Best Growth Aid.:yep:

And I Got All the Patience is The World.

Imma Grow Me Back Some Hurrr.:rolleyes:

Well, most of what I have are products that I bought as a newbie (Megatek, MTG, Surge 14, Ayurvedic powders and oils, and MN). I think I saw the best results for growth from MN mixed with Sulfur 8 lite. MT gave me some thickness (not any major length though), Ayurveda improved the overall health of my hair, Surge is pretty good and my hair loves the protein, but I didn't use MTG long enough to see any major growth because of the strong scent. I started using MTG in the summer.:nono: Now, I just trying to formulate a good scalp oil since I'm in braids. I don't plan to buy anything else, I just want to use up the stuff I already have. :look:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Well, most of what I have are products that I bought as a newbie I don't plan to buy anything else, I just want to use up the stuff I already have. :look:

Okay.....Since You Came Clean:lachen:

I have Mega-Tek (lovin' it), I have Mane N' Tail (Conditioner & MN'TOlive Oil Hairdress) I have Surge Ultra Max, Surge Potion Oil, Surge Tu Shea, Shea Butter. I also have Groganics DHT Blocker.

I have JBCO. I have MSM Powder that I add to product and I have HairStimulator Vitamins, Biotin 5,000 mcgs., Spirulina, Chlorella.

Looking at Biosil and Shen Min.:perplexed

Platinum

Okay.....Since You Came Clean:lachen:

I have Mega-Tek (lovin' it), I have Mane N' Tail (Conditioner & MN'TOlive Oil Hairdress) I have Surge Ultra Max, Surge Potion Oil, Surge Tu Shea, Shea Butter. I also have Groganics DHT Blocker.

I have JBCO. I have MSM Powder that I add to product and I have HairStimulator Vitamins, Biotin 5,000 mcgs., Spirulina, Chlorella.

Looking at Biosil and Shen Min.:perplexed

Girl, we sound like we need to become Hair Growing Buddies. :lol: I bought the Groganics Vitamins the other day and I'm going to see how that works out for me. I'm also taking 5000 mcg Biotin, Chlorella and MSM. I really need to try to exercise more.

I learned (not today) that immediately after my last relaxer, I made a huge mistake. I had just completed a 6 month stretch and I should have transitioned then. I would be 9 months post now.:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: I also learned that my NG has a mind of it's own at 3 months post but once I get past that point, it's easier to deal with.:yep:

nymane

I learned that even though my olive oil is "extra virgin" it's not the purest form! I feel sooo deceived, but I'm glad I know now, that first-pressed is the best...

Vonnieluvs08

That I would have no hair on my head if I hadn't found LHCF. Everything I needed to know about transitioning (tho late in the game for me), cowashing, managing natural hair, good products, EVERYTHANG I learned from this site (or from yt, blogs, that are connected to this site).

I've learned that I'll always be a heavy shedder. Garlic pills helped a little and better hair practices but I'll always have the higher range of shed hairs.

That I need to take more time with my twists if I want them to look nice. Otherwise I get twisted coils which look funny.

That if I add aloe vera gel to my hair when I twist it it holds moisture much better. I'm on day 3 of these twists and I haven't added anything to them yet. I've slept twice with nothing on my head (not proud of it) and it still hasn't dried out from the pillows.

LaidBak

I learned that even though my olive oil is "extra virgin" it's not the purest form! I feel sooo deceived, but I'm glad I know now, that first-pressed is the best...

I'm curious because I buy "extra-virgin". How do you tell what is first pressed? What brand do you bu now?