Salons R Us giving a discount on Hair Steamer...

exoticmommie

My DH promised me this steamer for my birthday this month. In anticipation, I decided to go to the site, create an account and put the steamer in the shopping cart and add the discount code, but I did NOT order it. Yes, I know, I got a little ahead of myself, but my DH really does need all the help he can get.

Fast forward to this morning, I received an e-mail from salonsRus stating that I did not pay for the order. Of course, I'm thinking did I actually hit the button to commit to this, so I called salonsRus to check it out. I didn't want to give those using this discount code a bad name. I was shocked that someone answered on the second ring, and it was NOT a recording. The man that I spoke to was so friendly, and he explained that they just send an e-mail out to make sure folks know there's a problem...just in case they meant to submit the order. He asks me how I know exotic mommie, and I told him about our site. He was so impressed that she (exotic mommie) had generated so much business for their company. I think he used the word "powerful" to describe her. He mentioned that they were getting at least 10 orders a week with this discount code. He also mentioned that he needed to give her something for sending all this business his way. I quickly agreed with him.

Sorry for the long post, but I just wanted to share and thank exotic mommie for sharing the discount code with us.

Thank you so much for the story, and for putting a good word in for me. :yep:

Choirgirl

Pray for me kids.....DH never saw it come in the house. IT'S HIDING in the closet!!!!:sekret:

:lachen:Be sure you take it out of the box. Toss out the box -better yet take it to your friends house and put it in their trash! Later, pull the steamer out of the closet and say, "Oh my, I forgot I had this! This thing is OLD!!!"

This is funny because way back when you first said it was in the closet, I knew what was up. And, I knew that you were now just bursting to get it out!

One more tip. Take hubby out to dinner before you break out the steam -so he's in a good mood. You are so bad. Naughty girl!

Jalen's Mom

My steamer just showed up! My DH ordered it for my birthday. I debated about whether to bring it in, just in case my DH really thought I'd be surprised. I left it outside. Then I started thinking that somebody might steal it, so of course it's sitting in my living room now. I'm so excited. I hope my DH doesn't make me wait until Monday (my bday) to use it. :yep:

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
I'm so sad..I just sold stock so I could buy one! I was going to wait until Christmas but I should have mine ordered by the end of next week!

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I want to steam tonight. I read you are supposed to use "distilled" water.. where do I purchase this from.. I did a little googling, and read that there is a difference between purified and distilled water.. does the difference really matter? TIA

mstar

Luxury bacon
I want to steam tonight. I read you are supposed to use "distilled" water.. where do I purchase this from.. I did a little googling, and read that there is a difference between purified and distilled water.. does the difference really matter? TIA
Purified or spring water contains minerals which will build up in the machine and cause it to rust or clog. Just like an iron. Distilled water doesn't contain anything that will damage the mechanisms.

ETA: Distilled water can be purchased at any grocery store. It's right next to the spring water.

Last edited:

LoveCraze

Naturalista
Oh this is so GREAT!! I was holding off on getting this and I am glad I did! What a great deal. Thank you so much!!

sharentu

i got the steamer on wedsnesday due to me have wisdom teeth extracted i wont be able to use it til this weekend. i am very happy with my purchase though. :grin:

exoticmommie

I don't believe so, but, you of course must listen to your hair. But I (when I have the time to that is) steam twice a week.

nikki2229

I just tried it and it is saying the same thing. I wonder what happened. I hope they contact ExoticMommie with a new code or a reason why it no longer works.

Aggie

I just tried it and it is saying the same thing. I wonder what happened. I hope they contact ExoticMommie with a new code or a reason why it no longer works.

Wait! Are you using all low case letters? I think all the letters are low case. That might work.

ETA: For some reason I couldn't order mine online (possibly because I live in the Bahamas, IDK) so I called it in and still got the discount on the steamer so maybe you could try that way as well and see what happens.

sqzbly1908

It did not work for me either and I tried all kind of combinations of "exoticmommies" ...I just sent them an email asking about the promo code status.

I guess I could call them and place an order but I prefer to do it online so I can have an ongoing record of the transaction since I haven't done business with them before ...(I am kinda' anal like that :) )

MissRissa

i hope the code isn't "expired now". i had one last year (before I started protein treatments) but i broke mine when i moved and need to purchase another. im broke so i need all the discount i can get.