March 2009 - MT/OCT Challenge - The Ending & The Beginning

I love MEGATEX! I has completely controlled the breakage btw my texlaxed and relaxed hair!!! and it so soft and manageable. Its only my first week so growth has come thru yet... Imma give it a couple of months for that.

Checking in. I applied mega-Tek every night to my scalp this week, so far so good but am going to rest off it for the weekend and reapply again on Monday.
Wishing you ladies a wonderful weekend!

i just started last week and my hair is very short.(i was having a moment and cut off my hair) any way It smells so good and I feel like its workifng already ..(maybe im just very enthusiastic :grin:) im gonna post some pictures soon :drunk:

Last edited:
Ok, I'm 5 days late, but I put my starting pics in my fotki in the length comparison album. I took them today (tried to upload them here but it didn't work for some reason)
I'll be keeping my hair in cornrows, braids or kinky twists for at least the next 6-8 weeks and applying OCT 3 times per week.

Alright ladies,

I am on a roll I think this is my fourth report in, and I am getting some pretty good growth although I don't know how much. My nape seems to be in a foot race all of its own as it is really getting longer so that is what I am going by. Also, the more that I use OCT the softer my hair gets with each treatment so its all good!! :yep:

I am new to LHCF but count me in. I am using Ovation. I did BC in Aug 08 and have only grown 3inches since then:perplexed. I now have 5 inches of hair on my head - hope Ovation can speed things up. Nice to share the journey with others - now need to start taking some pics... haven't even worked out how to create an avatar yet:wallbash:

Imagine me, loving what I see, when the mirror looks at me.

Last edited:
Welcome lillylovely!!!! If you go to your User CP - there is a whole bunch of links that will allow you to customize everything!

I'm in on the challenge. I use OCT every other day on my scalp, sometimes I apply it to the length of my hair. I have been using it for about 5-6 weeks. It has grown more, but I would like the thickness to come through....I'll give it more time. Now if only I could tame this shedding:wallbash: It's driving me crazy!

The shedding will slow down, Pam.... :yep: With OCT, you see length first, then the thickness - it'll come, it'll come.....

The shedding will slow down, Pam.... :yep: With OCT, you see length first, then the thickness - it'll come, it'll come.....

Thanks for the encouragement. Yu have no idea how on time this inspiration is!:yep: I was wondering if I should stop using it altogether, then I realized I twist my hair every 2-3 weeks ( protective style under wig) so I would have more shedding than normal anyway.

i slacked during spring break but im now back on it. i need to take some pics...i now use OCT only like same day i wash or the day before and MT on other days.

Please add me to this challenge! I will be using MT. i will try to post my starting pic on Friday.

Update: Last night was the first night I slacked on applying my MegaTek mix. I apply it 3 times a week. I did a mini-length check and noticed my bangs are just past my nose. When I started using MegaTek in Nov my bangs were at my eyebrows. So even though I had a set-back earlier I'm happy with the growth I've achieved. Now I just need to stop doing stupid stuff to my hair to retain the length.

Count me in, count me in, count me in!!! I've really been slacking on my hair lately and I need this challenge. I'v eonly used MT here and there since Oct. I used it 3/1, but I need to develop a routine. Any suggestions?

Wearing a stocking cap weave so I'm putting the MT on hiatus for just two weeks. But I upped my Biotin to 5000 mcg with 1000 mg of Vitamin C for the "biotin bumps".

WIll be back on my MT/Bee Mine grind very soon.

Last night I noticed loads of new inch long grey hairs all over my head. I don' t know whether to laugh cos I know something good is happening - or cry. I think I read in another thread that the grey hairs eventually change to your natural colour. But this stuff (OCT) is working - I have been using it for just under 4 weeks now and I have seen some length and now hopefully thickness. But grey hairs.. I didnt bargain on that!

Imagine me, loving what I see, when the, mirror looks at me....

I know it's late in the game but I would really love to join this challenge, especially since I've been using OCT for about 3 weeks now and have been tempted to throw in the towel due to shedding. Point being, I could use the additional support.

For shedding, I have been adding garlic oil to my cowashes and DC's, but honestly, cutting open those little slippery capsules is beginning to take its toll on my patience. So to prevent ampitating a finger, I'm looking for a liquid garlic oil to add to my 3x per week cowash reggie. Any suggestions??

Note: I would like to prevent having to go out and purchase new products, as I'm seeking remission from my pj addiction.

Yeah...I'm in. Officially, that is. LOL I have been using it since Aug/Sept 08, so it's about time I came in here since I ask so many questions and make so many doggone comments. :grin:

It's going well. I think I have some progress to show with my Fotki pics, the last one being in February. I intend to update again in a little over two weeks after we get back from the US for a short trip. I only have 3 progress pics since all I want to show is length when I get some....

Are you going to post your progress again? You have had some really remarkable growth in such a short time! I can't wait until everyone who took the challenge posts where they were a year ago and where they are now. So exciting!!!

HHG!
cj

I'm not sure when I'll post more progress pictures. Maybe May.

OK Ladies, my MT should be coming in the mail soon. It was a whopping $37--this better work and I hope to have results like some of you. I need to hurry and post a pic of my hair now and post it. I will try and do this tomorrow...until then--Happy Growing!

Welcome Papoose & kjeneen!!!

kjeneen - the shedding will slow down/stop - it really will. And you'll have longer, thicker hair once you get through it. Personally, I didn't do anything for the shedding.
You can make garlic oil though - fresh garlic cloves, a light oil (olive/jojoba/coconut), crush the cloves, dump them in the oil, let simmer on very very low on the stove for an hour or two - voila!

hey JustKiya, can you add me to the list? i am still using MT, but i want to try OCT. i don't know what to do. i wonder is it worth it or am i being greedy for growth?

I dunno. I'm on the same quandary. The price tag for OCT keeps telling me I don't really need it though - I could get 1/2 gallon of MT for that price!

Back