March 2009 - MT/OCT Challenge - The Ending & The Beginning

runwaydream

im in. i've been using OCT/MT for a few mths now. my OCT is almost done and when it is ill probably just stick to the MT

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

excellent job arranging and presenting info, justkiya, *hatsoff*, maybe you can help me in waistlength cocktail, huh? {smooches} ~B*

add me to the roster, 'kay?

krysstyle1

I would love to join the challenge. Please sign me up. I just started using Mega-Tek last week! Can't wait to see the results!

Vonnieluvs08

Hey JustKiya,

I wanna continue with the challenge. I'm currently using MT and OCT. Did you or anyone else see my post before the old thread closed? I need some advice badly ladies and I know you all have much wisdom to impart on a lost newbie. I'm trying to grow it to the floor !!!:lachen: (Well actually to APL).

TIA

melodies815

Hey there, Kiya!! I would like to be added. :bouncegre

As an aside, you do so much great work for this challenge, and I am pretty stunned by how detailed and organized you are. Thank you for this thread! We appreciate all you do!!!!

Can't wait to see your progress...:yep::yep:

Love,
cj

hardymem

id like to continue on, using OCT but can't post updates until relaxer in a few weeks. My hair is a mess right now. Still using twice a week and sometimes as a treatment after showering.

HairHustla

Hi JustKiya,

I have been using OCT for about 3 wks now so I don't want to judge any progress yet but please add me to the challenge and I will be using the picture in my siggie as my starting point. Thank you so much for all you are and all you do! :yep:

Last edited:

EMJazzy

Happily retired
I'm still hanging in there with MT and OCT :yep::up: Already sent the PM to be added this go around! :woot:

JustKiya

I wanna join but that means I need to buy my Mega-Tek like tonight so I can get it delivered at a decent time during the challenge, If you ladies don't mind me jumpin in a day or two late that is..... pretty please...off to order some MT! Whoo hoo!!

No problem at all to start a lil late! Be sure to take your starting pics, too. :yep:

excellent job arranging and presenting info, justkiya, *hatsoff*, maybe you can help me in waistlength cocktail, huh? {smooches} ~B*

add me to the roster, 'kay?

Added, and what kinda help are you looking for? PM me.... :yep:

Hey JustKiya,

I wanna continue with the challenge. I'm currently using MT and OCT. Did you or anyone else see my post before the old thread closed? I need some advice badly ladies and I know you all have much wisdom to impart on a lost newbie. I'm trying to grow it to the floor !!!:lachen: (Well actually to APL).

TIA

I didn't see it - I thought everyone had been answered - maybe copy it over here, and we can chat about it?

I'm so thrilled that there is still so much enthusiasm for this challenge! I'm seeing new names and old ones - this is gonna be a wonderful hair growing year!!!! :yep: :woot:

Vonnieluvs08

So this my repost from the last MT/OCT thread...

just wanted to check in. I've been using the MT/OCT mix with EOs and Vitamin E oil on Tues, Th, Sat on my scalp at night and cover with a satin scarf. Once every other week I put it on the length of my hair (usually tues if I remember) and bun it up til I cowash (wed).

I can definitely say I have more thickness and a more defined curl pattern. I'm not too sure about longer hair. I was having less breakage and shedding but I still feel like I haven't gotten it under control. :wallbash:

So can the LCHF veterans or any knowledgable person help me with my questions.
1. Is MT/OCT very drying? Or is my hard water and cold weather contributing to my dry hair? :spinning: I do use Elasta mango butter twice a day on my hair and seal.
2. Should I increase my MT/OCT to 4 times a week?
3. Do I need to do less moisturing DCs and step up my protein (MT or otherwise)?

I love being on this forum because everyone is so supportive and knowledgable. My hair would probably be all over the floor if it wasn't for LHCF. Thank you to everyone. Thank you JK for this great challenge.

JustKiya

So this my repost from the last MT/OCT thread...

just wanted to check in. I've been using the MT/OCT mix with EOs and Vitamin E oil on Tues, Th, Sat on my scalp at night and cover with a satin scarf. Once every other week I put it on the length of my hair (usually tues if I remember) and bun it up til I cowash (wed).

I can definitely say I have more thickness and a more defined curl pattern. I'm not too sure about longer hair. I was having less breakage and shedding but I still feel like I haven't gotten it under control. :wallbash:

So can the LCHF veterans or any knowledgable person help me with my questions.
1. Is MT/OCT very drying? Or is my hard water and cold weather contributing to my dry hair? :spinning: I do use Elasta mango butter twice a day on my hair and seal.
2. Should I increase my MT/OCT to 4 times a week?
3. Do I need to do less moisturing DCs and step up my protein (MT or otherwise)?

I love being on this forum because everyone is so supportive and knowledgable. My hair would probably be all over the floor if it wasn't for LHCF. Thank you to everyone. Thank you JK for this great challenge.

1) They can be, yes, definitely.
2) If you have time, definitely!
3) Oh, no. I'd think the other way around.

To be sure that I understand you - you apply MT to your scalp Tu/Th/Sat, and apply it to your length and leave it on overnight every other Tue?

How often are you DC'ing? My persona goal is to DC twice a week (usually Wed/Sat) any week I'm using MT every day (5 days, usually). If your hair feel dry, and you still think you are seeing some breakage, I think - based on my understanding - that you most likely have more than enough protien going on, and adding an extra DC in during the week would be most helpful.

Aggie has a very useful and supportive DC challenge running right now - it really goes hand in hand with this challenge, too. :yep:

melodies815

To be sure that I understand you - you apply MT to your scalp Tu/Th/Sat, and apply it to your length and leave it on overnight every other Tue?

How often are you DC'ing? My persona goal is to DC twice a week (usually Wed/Sat) any week I'm using MT every day (5 days, usually). If your hair feel dry, and you still think you are seeing some breakage, I think - based on my understanding - that you most likely have more than enough protien going on, and adding an extra DC in during the week would be most helpful.

Aggie has a very useful and supportive DC challenge running right now - it really goes hand in hand with this challenge, too. :yep:

This is really helpful to read; based on what you wrote here, this is why I sometimes experience breakage and at other times, I don't. I need to up my moisture!!

cj

angenoir

JustKiya

Please add me to the challenge for 2009. I am now using OCT. I switched from Megatek.

Thanks!

phyl73

Hey JK! I'm still going strong. Using a mixture of MT/Ovation. Please add me to this challenge. Hopefully my pics will show.

January 26, 2009 March 3, 2009

This is from today
3-3-09

tatambabyy

well here you go ladies!
the pictures are pretty self explanatory.
Month two;lets go!

Attachments

• oct.jpg
    oct.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 74

jamaicalovely

Hey there. I am using MT/OCT mix. Here is my official March pic. I can't wait to post my Mar 2010 pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0122.jpg
    IMG_0122.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0125.jpg
    IMG_0125.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0135.jpg
    IMG_0135.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 34

Vonnieluvs08

Thanks JK.

I'm going to start applying my mix 4 times a week. M,T,Th,Sat. I haven't consistently been applying to my hair like I want. I have been DCing Wed and Sun and joined the DDDC challenge to help me with that task.

I'm still trying to figure this journey out but its definitely getting better. Thanks for all the help.

SouthernBeauty

Hey JK add me to the challenge!! I am using MT/OCT mix everyday. I deep condition and wash or cowash 3x a week. I started Megatek Jan. 17 and OCT Feb. 10 so I havent had enough time to show my progress!

Please add me again, JK. I came in on the tail end of the last challenge and have only been using OCT for a little over a month. I'm not sure about growth, but I shole got my BLING back! No more dull looking strands. I also added some color and my hair is :lick:!!! Me likey, so far! I will post pics this weekend.

CurlyMoo

Hey there, Kiya!! I would like to be added. :bouncegre

As an aside, you do so much great work for this challenge, and I am pretty stunned by how detailed and organized you are. Thank you for this thread! We appreciate all you do!!!!

Can't wait to see your progress...:yep::yep:

Love,
cj

So you are officially in now? Good welcome aboard. :grin: How is it working out so far?

melodies815

So you are officially in now? Good welcome aboard. :grin: How is it working out so far?

Yeah...I'm in. Officially, that is. LOL I have been using it since Aug/Sept 08, so it's about time I came in here since I ask so many questions and make so many doggone comments. :grin:

It's going well. I think I have some progress to show with my Fotki pics, the last one being in February. I intend to update again in a little over two weeks after we get back from the US for a short trip. I only have 3 progress pics since all I want to show is length when I get some....

Are you going to post your progress again? You have had some really remarkable growth in such a short time! I can't wait until everyone who took the challenge posts where they were a year ago and where they are now. So exciting!!!

HHG!
cj