March 2009 - MT/OCT Challenge - The Ending & The Beginning

Nya33

Please add me JK

I don't have a starting pic as i am in braids, the closest is my siggy and i hope i have grown a bit since then.

Thanks

supermodelsonya

I was just going through some of the progress threads from the old challenges for a bit of inspiration.

My hair is doing well with the MT and Bee Mine. My hair is sooo much thicker and the strands are starting to grow down. We'll see when I relax in May (?)

So anywhoooo....I'm glad to see all the challengers that are joining up and when we have our first check in date, that we have all made some progress, using MT/OCT on a CONSISTENT basis, and will post pictures for everyone to see!!!

MT user for life.....SMS

melodies815

Hey there. I am using MT/OCT mix. Here is my official March pic. I can't wait to post my Mar 2010 pics.

I know I have said this before, but your hair is growing like a weed!!! It's so pretty and healthy. Have you ever been past SL previously? (Forgive me if you have told this story before.) I've never been past just grazing the tops of my shoulders in some parts. My hair is longer now as as adult than it's even been and I don't really don't how to act with it or what to do other than roller set and leave it alone. lol

Anyway...your hair is just beautiful. Great progress!

cj

jamaicalovely

Melodie, my hair has never been past NL throughout my entire life. Thanks for the compliment. :)

Last edited:

Valerie

I am still using Mega Tek
Back view when I started
http://public.fotki.com/Valeriesmith15/mega-tek-challenge/dsc00165.html
Back view taken January 2009
http://public.fotki.com/Valeriesmith15/165-days-of-using-m/backview.html
Back stretched August 2008
http://public.fotki.com/Valeriesmith15/mega-tek-challenge/dsc00172.html
Back stretched January 2009 me holding my back hair.
http://public.fotki.com/Valeriesmith15/165-days-of-using-m/backstretchedmyfingers.html

This is a beautiful product, I am up for March 2009, more money is coming to me now, so I will get Oct as soon as it, I will use the combination. I will let you know Kiya.
ps: ayodele

hardymem

I am really discouraged because I really don't see a huge difference. I can barely tell my new growth this quarter because I am 7 weeks post and my then my new growth is usually going crazy. Since using OCT, my hair kind of blends with my new growth if that makes sense. Does it change your hair's texture or what. When I feel down my back my hair is definately longer, but looks to me like I have less than quarter of an inch and I usually normally get 1/2 to one inch a month. I am waiting on my relaxer in a couple of weeks to see if there is a difference. I was looking for more pictures showing growth with OCT/MT on relaxed heads but find very few. Any suggestions.

supermodelsonya

Hardymem--I think when you relax, you'll see a difference. I didn't think my hair grew either because of some shrinkage but when I did a corrective, even after using MT for a week, I saw a huge difference.

JustKiya

I am really discouraged because I really don't see a huge difference. I can barely tell my new growth this quarter because I am 7 weeks post and my then my new growth is usually going crazy. Since using OCT, my hair kind of blends with my new growth if that makes sense. Does it change your hair's texture or what. When I feel down my back my hair is definately longer, but looks to me like I have less than quarter of an inch and I usually normally get 1/2 to one inch a month. I am waiting on my relaxer in a couple of weeks to see if there is a difference. I was looking for more pictures showing growth with OCT/MT on relaxed heads but find very few. Any suggestions.

Don't lose hope yet, Hardymem!! Several ladies have noticed that using MT makes their new growth much softer/less kinky, and I know there were several ladies who never stretched their relaxers, and were able to do some pretty impressive stretches while using MT because of the change to their texture.
I'd definitely wait til your relaxer, and see what you think. :yep:

81Stardust

Alright I'm in. I just got my Megatek today and I'm pretty excited.:grin:

Attachments

• DSC02548.jpg
    DSC02548.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 7

lusciousladie07

Hey girls.. Im going to be running out of OCT soon and I want to get a jump start on ordering the MT... Which online site can i get this the cheapest?

jmac

Ok ladies, this will be my first challenge. I got my Mega Tek today. I will post pics when I wash this weekend, Happy hair-growing!!!!

grnidmonster

I'M in for another year. MT and OCT for me, Please.

J/K, thanks for all you do...organizing, motivating, researching and counseling. You are appreciated!!:thumbsup::bouncy:

Question:
Does anyone else notice brand new hair-like baby fuzz? I am apparently growing hair where I didnt know I had lost it. I knew some of my hair had fallen out but, I have fuzzy new hair springing up all over my head. It has gotten thick and now I have an underlayer of hair like and undercoat that makes all my sleek styles puffy. Almost like new growth on a relaxed head but, I am natural.

Renewed1

OCT/MT has changed my hair texture. Normally when I have NG it's really tight and coily at the root. But now my curls are looser. I hope it stays that way, while I transition.

Jaxhair

Hey girls.. Im going to be running out of OCT soon and I want to get a jump start on ordering the MT... Which online site can i get this the cheapest?

Hey Lusciousladie, JK has compiled a very helpful list on page one of this thread of online suppliers. Have a look there, you're sure to find something. Hope this helps! Good luck!

Tyra

I'M in for another year. MT and OCT for me, Please.

J/K, thanks for all you do...organizing, motivating, researching and counseling. You are appreciated!!:thumbsup::bouncy:

Question:
Does anyone else notice brand new hair-like baby fuzz? I am apparently growing hair where I didnt know I had lost it. I knew some of my hair had fallen out but, I have fuzzy new hair springing up all over my head. It has gotten thick and now I have an underlayer of hair like and undercoat that makes all my sleek styles puffy. Almost like new growth on a relaxed head but, I am natural.

Me too.:yep:
At first I was worried about the hair around my edges breaking and then one day I realized that not what's left of hair that has broken off that's new hair that has grown in. And I'm talking within a couple of weeks. I hadn't even noticed that I was missing any. Then here it comes just sprouting right on out of no where.

HairHustla

Hi Everyone,

I am being a good girl and checking in. Did my OT treatments on Monday and Tuesdays which are my regular days and will do another on Sat. So far I see that my hair is getting much stronger and less breakage! By the way, after doing the treatment, I moisturized by doing an oil rinse with Red Palm Oil and Conditioner. I received a tub of it about as big as my house and began using it. Justkiya help a sista out and please tell me how you use yours and any other pertinent info you can give me for it, I understand you use it faithfully. :detective: Thank you for aiding me in my investigation!!

JustKiya

Hi Everyone,

I am being a good girl and checking in. Did my OT treatments on Monday and Tuesdays which are my regular days and will do another on Sat. So far I see that my hair is getting much stronger and less breakage! By the way, after doing the treatment, I moisturized by doing an oil rinse with Red Palm Oil and Conditioner. I received a tub of it about as big as my house and began using it. Justkiya help a sista out and please tell me how you use yours and any other pertinent info you can give me for it, I understand you use it faithfully. :detective: Thank you for aiding me in my investigation!!

You talking about the Red Palm Oil? Ooooh, I love the stuff.

Urm, I use it a lot on my skin - I actually make a mix of several oils and butters in a big old mason jar, and that's the houses 'lotion' - it's wonderful, cheap, free of gunk I don't want to be rubbing on my skin, and lasts forever.

I use the RPO in my hair 'finisher', which is a mix of butters, oils, and conditioner - it's my leave-in/moisturizer/twist butter.

I use it in the Caramel Treatment, too.

My hair isn't all that fond of straight oils, so I don't think I've ever applied it directly to my hair, raw. If I ever wanted to grease my scalp, I'd certainly use it for that :lick: I think I might do that, just on GP. :lol:

HairHustla

You talking about the Red Palm Oil? Ooooh, I love the stuff.

Urm, I use it a lot on my skin - I actually make a mix of several oils and butters in a big old mason jar, and that's the houses 'lotion' - it's wonderful, cheap, free of gunk I don't want to be rubbing on my skin, and lasts forever.

I use the RPO in my hair 'finisher', which is a mix of butters, oils, and conditioner - it's my leave-in/moisturizer/twist butter.

I use it in the Caramel Treatment, too.

My hair isn't all that fond of straight oils, so I don't think I've ever applied it directly to my hair, raw. If I ever wanted to grease my scalp, I'd certainly use it for that :lick: I think I might do that, just on GP. :lol:

Thank you so much, I used it straight the other day and was not that impressed so I will try it with coconut and jojoba oil which my hair seems to like already. I have to do SOMETHING WITH IT cause I have enought to last me from here to kingdom come! I will try it on the body too but I noticed during my wash out in the tub that the RPO that was rinsed into the bathwater made my skin extra soft and I had a SOUL GLOW GIRL! Let me know if you have any other recipes or ideas that I can do with tha RPO baby, RPO!!!!! Got RPO??? :lachen::lachen:

JustKiya

Thank you so much, I used it straight the other day and was not that impressed so I will try it with coconut and jojoba oil which my hair seems to like already. I have to do SOMETHING WITH IT cause I have enought to last me from here to kingdom come! I will try it on the body too but I noticed during my wash out in the tub that the RPO that was rinsed into the bathwater made my skin extra soft and I had a SOUL GLOW GIRL! Let me know if you have any other recipes or ideas that I can do with tha RPO baby, RPO!!!!! Got RPO??? :lachen::lachen:

Seriously, use it on your skin! Esp. if you smooth it over your skin while it's still a lil damp, fresh out the shower??? Girl! Your skin will get softer, too - DH is always commenting on how soft I am, now. ;)

melodies815

Seriously, use it on your skin! Esp. if you smooth it over your skin while it's still a lil damp, fresh out the shower??? Girl! Your skin will get softer, too - DH is always commenting on how soft I am, now. ;)

Where are you guys getting your RPO? Camden Grey is constantly out of it. I have been wanting some for a number of months now...I'm so jealous...

cj

JustKiya

Where are you guys getting your RPO? Camden Grey is constantly out of it. I have been wanting some for a number of months now...I'm so jealous...

cj

:look: hook-ups. :lol:

On the real, post on the Hair Swap board here - I've actually gotten all of mine from other people selling theirs - all CamdenGrey, too. :lachen:

HairHustla

cj

I got mine from mountainroseherbs.com, they sent me a big ol gallon size, I did not know I was ordering that much, I think it was like 14 dollars or so, I can't remember cause I am always ordering stuff! :ohwell:

Please add me again, JK. I came in on the tail end of the last challenge and have only been using OCT for a little over a month. I'm not sure about growth, but I shole got my BLING back! No more dull looking strands. I also added some color and my hair is :lick:!!! Me likey, so far! I will post pics this weekend.

Just adding a March 2009 starting pic, like I said I would. As far as the hair color, the pic does not do it justice. The color is bangin' IRL. My greys are actually a firey red and the rinse on top makes my dark brown hair look burgandyish.:lick: I focused the color application from my roots to about halfway down my strands, so the colors seems to fade into my natural color! I've gotten MANY compliments on it!:grin:

Attachments

• March 09.jpg
    March 09.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 36

Platinum

I fell off on the Megatek but I still have 3/4 of a bottle left. I'm going to start back on it.