December '08 OCT/Mega-Tek Challenge-Wrap up

thaidreams

Hi All~

I'm so excited about the progress Meg/Oct have made on my hair over the past 3 months. These products really work at adding thickness, shine, and length! As you can see from my siggy below, my hair was in pretty bad shape in August of 08. My ends were uneven and suffered from anorexia. Thanks ladies for all of your support and knowledge sharing!

Attachments

• comic-p.jpg
    comic-p.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:

Junebug D

I just measured my MT'd hair and I've grown 5 inches in almost 6 months. I'm VERY pleased with my progress with this product. :yep: For the most part I've been consistent, but I wore 2 sew-in weaves during this time and halted MT use while they were in. Never mind pleased, I'm ecstatic about the growth!

That's AMAZING! I am more tempted than ever to get myself some MegaTek now! :grin:

jamaicalovely

Hi All~

I'm so excited about the progress Meg/Oct have made on my hair over the past 3 months. These products really work at adding thickness, shine, and length! As you can see from my siggy below, my hair was in pretty bad shape in August of 08. My ends were uneven and suffered from anorexia. Thanks ladies for all of your support and knowledge sharing!

Wow, nice growth

phyl73

I'm so impressed with these results! I can hardly wait to see Jamaica Lovely's results. Count down to her reveal....4 days.

jamaicalovely

^ Aww....you're sweet.

I can't wait either girls. I'm getting my hair pressed on Wed; I haven't had my hair straight since May. I'm in for a big surprise.

RegaLady

I'll post mine on Feb 1st! That will be 1year since I was here and 8 months since I used MT! Hope to make it that long!

trenise

Here is my first ever post of any of my hair pictures. I know my hair is severely uneven. I don't attempt to wear it "down", only in buns, or extreme curls. The first picture is from Sept. 27 2008 before I started OCT regimen. The last is from today, this morning Dec. 20th 2008. I have some in between pictures, but I think these two comparison shots give a pretty good effect. I have very slow growing hair and it has never been long - never even SL.

Attachments

• Sat 27 08 4 weeks post, used gro aut 3x starting sept 22nd.jpg
    Sat 27 08 4 weeks post, used gro aut 3x starting sept 22nd.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 46
  • dec 20th relaxer day.jpg
    dec 20th relaxer day.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 52

rhapsdyblu

Here is my first ever post of any of my hair pictures. I know my hair is severely uneven. I don't attempt to wear it "down", only in buns, or extreme curls. The first picture is from Sept. 27 2008 before I started OCT regimen. The last is from today, this morning Dec. 20th 2008. I have some in between pictures, but I think these two comparison shots give a pretty good effect. I have very slow growing hair and it has never been long - never even SL.

Wow! great progress, Congratulations

winnettag

Well it's SL now! Great progress!

winnettag

Hi All~

Um, wow. :drool:

Mandy4610

Ladies, I am planning a big reveal for my Nappiversary in March. Mark your calendar...MARCH 15th 2009:grin:

:crossfingers: No setbacks, please

jamaicalovely

I just measured my MT'd hair and I've grown 5 inches in almost 6 months. I'm VERY pleased with my progress with this product. :yep: For the most part I've been consistent, but I wore 2 sew-in weaves during this time and halted MT use while they were in. Never mind pleased, I'm ecstatic about the growth!
Why did you stop while in a weave? I have been using MT while in a sew in with no problems.

jamaicalovely

Why did you stop while in a weave? I have been using MT while in a sew in with no problems.

Nice growth, dear.

OT: Still engaging in kittie abuse, huh? I know we're in bad economic times....but pulling kittie's tooth with string is mean. :nono::lachen: lol

Jaxhair

This makes for a very interesting and intriguing read. The little research I've done reveals megatek is a product used for horses. What exactly is it's active ingredient/s? I would LOVE to grow an average of 1 inch/month.

****off to get researching some more.........

jamaicalovely

^ just fine. Was it cuz of your braid pattern? I heard ladies had problems with application when they had the vertical braid pattern.

jamaicalovely

Oh, before I get in trouble with some folks on here....I posted a thread for my big reveal at http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=318867.

The line was getting long waiting, so I had to get a few of you girls organized before yall start fighting with the lawn chairs. < If you visit my fotki often, you would get that joke.:lachen:
Anyways...

Before some people (ain't saying no names :nono:) start threatening me :bat:....I wanted to let you guys know that I also posted a reveal preview video on that thread for your watching pleasure while you wait til Thursday.

Toodles.

ladycage

i jst got MT and tried it direct today on my scalp. How long should I massag my scalp? My hair is vry fine and thin, I need major increase in thickness but want length also. I am trying to go natural,havn't relaxed since 9/26/08 but now it tangles so much when I wash it that I am afraid to co-wash more than once a week. I will buy some garlic pills and use alter ego garlic treatment once a week so maybe that will stop the shedding. Not sure if I should buy the OCT or just stick with MT since I don't want to waste money.

Nya33

i jst got MT and tried it direct today on my scalp. How long should I massag my scalp? My hair is vry fine and thin, I need major increase in thickness but want length also. I am trying to go natural,havn't relaxed since 9/26/08 but now it tangles so much when I wash it that I am afraid to co-wash more than once a week. I will buy some garlic pills and use alter ego garlic treatment once a week so maybe that will stop the shedding. Not sure if I should buy the OCT or just stick with MT since I don't want to waste money.

I massage for about 5mins just to make sure its evenly on my scalp. I stil massage further when rinsing before co-wash.
If you want the thickness stick with mt, length follows after. Plus it is cheaper. If you still want to try oct go for it. HTH.

yodie

JL, your hair looks gorgeous. Do you color it black?

Great progress. Grow on girl, grow on!