Vote for YOUR flatiron and post a review!!!

Which flat iron has given you the BEST results?

• Maxiglide

Votes: 128 22.8%
  • CHI

Votes: 122 21.7%
  • FHI

Votes: 78 13.9%
  • T3

Votes: 9 1.6%
  • Sedu

Votes: 88 15.7%
  • Other ceramic iron (please list)

Votes: 83 14.8%
  • Other tourmaline iron (please list)

Votes: 27 4.8%
  • Other iron (please list)

Votes: 27 4.8%

• Total voters

Divine Inspiration

Ok, so there has been a LOT of flat iron talk around here over the past couple of months, and it appears that many of us are doing research in order to make a purchase.

Now I know this may seem repetitive (it is on some level, but it'll still be helpful to have current information) but polls have been mentioned in threads several times so I figured I'd go ahead and start one.:)

Last edited:

PinkAngel

Hey Girlie :wave:

I have a CHI tourmaline iron which I absolutely love. It straightens nice and silky, lets me curl & flip.

Lucia

Maxiglide, no work no blow frying no hasle, just let air dry in twists/braids and then glide and steam each section straight. The best flat iron ever.

Sistaslick

I have to rep the absolutely, wonderful, powerful, and glorious FHI.

Ladies this is the flat iron of your dreams. I hate to put myself on blast yet again, but this ceramic iron is the truth! If it can take you from this hot fuzzy airdried several weeks post relaxer mess:

to this:

It gets my seal of approval.:yep: :kiss: This has been the best purchase of my PJ life and I can't imagine my hair being this silky and straight without it. The shine is incredible! And roots... what roots?? :grin: You will have that fresh out the salon look with this bad baby--right at your fingertips. My mom even begged me to do hers with that "good iron" as she calls it. You see the fuzz in the pic, lawd only knows how far post relaxer she was in that before shot:lol: (Sorry mom:lol: )

FHI.

out.:lol:

amy1234

I voted the chi hands down!
-It's not as bulky
-straightens my hair very easily and fast!
-lasts long (durable)
-never snaggs my hair
-genuine ceramic plates
-has never burned my hair (damage wise)
-heats up in less than 2min
*that's all I can think of for now :)

Sistaslick

:lol: :lachen:

oh yeah, lemme finish my sales pitch then :lachen: I forgot to mention how the iron heats up to maximum heat in less than 5 seconds-- there in NO WAIT time ladies!:D Not like those other irons you heat up and walk away to do something else b/c it needs to get ready:lol: It repels humidity so your flat ironing will last for days.

The plates heat evenly and are full ceramic plates-- not ceramic coated. Lightweight, available in a large range of plate sizes to suit your individual needs, adjustable heat settings, cool red plates . . . Marvelous design...:grin: All the FHI owners I know are proud of their irons! Never heard of an unhappy customer or complaint with this one.;)

Fhi... Fhi.... Fhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii:drool:

Okay, time for bed.:lol:

kristina

My shameless maxiglide promotion is in my 2006 album in the album labeled "length check." No, I didn't get a relaxer.
Pros-
it's easier that trying to pull a rattail comb through while flat ironing.
it gets the natural type 4 hair really straight and with good technique/products, it doesn't puff (as I just discovered)
Cons
A bit bulky so it may be hard to get to the roots
At first, you'll likely pull your hair out if you try to use it like a regular flat iron- detangle, detangle and detangle some more.

Last edited:

Divine Inspiration

Kristina, you are VERY pretty and so is your hair!!! :clap: Very nice chica...I saved your album...I can never have too much natural inspiration!!! :yep:

kristina

Divine Inspiration said:
Kristina, you are VERY pretty and so is your hair!!! :clap: Very nice chica...I saved your album...I can never have too much natural inspiration!!! :yep:

Thanks! I love your posts btw.

hottopic

kristina said:
My shameless maxiglide promotion is in my 2006 album in the album labeled "length check." No, I didn't get a relaxer.
Pros-
it's easier that trying to pull a rattail comb through while flat ironing.
it gets the natural type 4 hair really straight and with good technique/products, it doesn't puff (as I just discovered)
Cons
A bit bulky so it may be hard to get to the roots
At first, you'll likely pull your hair out if you try to use it like a regular flat iron- detangle, detangle and detangle some more.

I don't add just anyone to my friends list...but girl you are on it, now. I love your hair. You make me want to go natural with my maxiglide...

Kimberly

I voted for the CHI...I have the Maxi and Miniglides but I like the CHI so much better. Of course...Sistaslick got me tempted to run out and grab an FHI....

kristina

hottopic said:
I don't add just anyone to my friends list...but girl you are on it, now. I love your hair. You make me want to go natural with my maxiglide...
Awww thanks- you made my morning.
Seriously, now that I've taken some flat ironing tips from my cousin to heart, I personally don't see the point in relaxing when you can get your hair as straight with an iron. The relaxer isn't buying you that much more convenient if if you're going to stretch for half the year anyway. And if you stretch or texlax, you have to deal with naps and reversion just like I do. Plus weakened hair and multiple textures. Just my thoughts.

plainj

I have to co-sign with Sistaslick on the FHI. There's nothing left to say. The proof is in the pics.

babyanjel

I agree with you completely kristina. Also I was wondering do you use the steam burst with the Maxi...i'm looking into getting one, finally.

hrtbndr21

I have the Maxiglide I love it. I use it between sets of braids to check length and it's easier for me to braid my hair when it's straight. It gets my thick 4a/a little 3c hair as straight as a perm :). It's not quick but it get's really straight all the way down to the root.

kristina

babyanjel said:
I agree with you completely kristina. Also I was wondering do you use the steam burst with the Maxi...i'm looking into getting one, finally.
I don't use the steam burst. I do small (!) sections and I went over the roots in the back of my hair twice. I kept it on level 5 heat the whole time.

Eiano

Maxiglide,

there's nothing I can say about this product that it doesn't say on it's own. Dizzamn. The Maxiglide took me from "NO!" :eek: to "WHOA!":blondboob

MG to tha fullest.
*throws her sets up... hands in the shape of an 'M'*

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae
I have to stick to my beloved Sedu. Very sleek & lightweight....doesn't make my arms tired. Very hot so flat ironing is 1-stroke fast. Very, very smooth gliding. Leaves wonderful shine & gives my natural 4A hair the smoothest, sleekest look. AND catches roots well. Worth every penny - my best flat iron ever! :)

Crysdon

I have a Sedu and I love it. It is a tourmaline & ceramic flat iron that is also ionic. I had a FHI and that was good too, but the Sedu wins hands down.

It does not pull or snag your hair. The plates are extremely smooth. It makes your hair soft and silky, and your hair doesn't revert even in high humidity.

The Sedu is the best hair straightener I've ever had.

brownsugar9999

Browndilocks said:
GASP!!!! Is that the Pink Chi I see? :love: I want it just 'cause its pink :D
No..it's a limited edition Corioliss......LUV IT LUV IT.....like the FHI better, but I usually use the two together.....no reason...I just like the pink..

brownsugar9999

Crysdon said:
I have a Sedu and I love it. It is a tourmaline & ceramic flat iron that is also ionic. I had a FHI and that was good too, but the Sedu wins hands down.

It does not pull or snag your hair. The plates are extremely smooth. It makes your hair soft and silky, and your hair doesn't revert even in high humidity.

The Sedu is the best hair straightener I've ever had.
DARN YOU CRYSDON...now I'm online looking for a Sedu....

kitten73

I love the Maxi glide for my daughters natural hair, it straightens like no other I have tried on her. Once you get ther hang of using it, the results are great. It is bulky but I have mastered it and I only use that on her hair.