A lurker speaks! "Thank you all, for just so much"

Kaela

A lurker speaks! \"Thank you all, for just so much\"

I have been lurking here for *quite* some time now (too embarrassed to admit how long, way before the registered date) and I feel guilty that I have been reaping the benefits of all the knowledge here without having said thank you from the bottom of my heart. (If there was a graemlin with tears of joy, insert that here).

Everyone here is just so friendly, welcoming, professional, and thorough in their research about hair care and hair health. What I find even more impressive is that the ladies who seem to have it all together and down pat are the most willing to share information and encourage others when they are bummed out. I haven't seen anything like it (in the real world) ...I'm glad its at least here. Ladies like you all have made a big difference in a lot of folks lives, and you should all be proud of that, newbies and veterans!

I probably won't post too frequently (most of my potential questions are answered in current or past posts...) but I just wanted to mention my fave raves that I have gotten from this group that have been *essential* to improving my hair. (btw, I have 3c slightly relaxed/texturized hair that at its longest is a couple inches below the shoulder, shorter in front. Once upon a time, it was great, but I messed it up with coloring and just bad habits and ignorance. I'm trying to grow it enough to chop off a couple inches of yuck hair, and then get it to bra strap).

My Faves from you all:

Joico Resolve
Joico Integrity Detangling Leave-in
Aubrey Organics GPB
Aubrey Organics Island Spice
Shea Butter
giving Infusium 23 a second chance
Sebastian Colourshines (in Mahogany..great for hiding bleached ends)
the inspiration to melt down various oils/natural butters to make my own pre-shampoo treatments..that work!

Information, information, and even more information....

I'm sort of a PJ at heart, so I'm always trying new things...I've saved a lot of time and $$$ based on people sharing their product reviews! Also I've just picked up a lot of good habits and techniques that would take a lot of space to list, but they have been so helpful.

Right now I'm on a quest to find something good for daily moisture. I currently just use a tiny bit of wildgrowth and spritz with water + infusium, but I want to try something else...the only problem is finding something lightweight that won't give me scalp itchies or stringy hair.

Anyway, this is the longest post ever, but I just had to get it out. You all are the best, and thanks again for everything!

Re: A lurker speaks! \"Thank you all, for just so much\"

Hey Kaela,
Glad you came out of hiding for just this once! *waving* We ALL benefit from one another, but I still want to thank you for being so kind as to thank us! It's fun here so you really ought to at least drop in here and there with a smiley graemlin or something! It does seem a dream sometimes, doesn't it? *HUGE smile*

Hi and welcome to the board. You have said everything that I always feel everytime I come here. I've cut off all the bad parts of my hair-----which means I have very little left. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif but since coming here I know that it grow back and it will stay on my head /images/graemlins/smile.gif have faith that it will come back stronger than I ever had in my life. I'm new too. /images/graemlins/wave.gif Here are my tears of joy /images/graemlins/cry3.gif

Well, welcome to the board. I'm glad you decided to join.

Hi Kaela, I'm glad you decided to come out of the 'shadows'. I've been using jojoba oil, mixed with a little distilled water in a mist bottle. I really like the jojoba oil. I then smooth a little of my pomade over it(very little) to seal it in.

Hi Kaela!!

Good to see you and I second everything you said in that there is so much information that I too have learnt, and keep learning /images/graemlins/smile.gif I too love Aubrey GPB and Island Cream Spice. Aren't they good!

Your hair will be growing nice and healthy now that you chopped off the bad part. I did a big chop once of damaged hair from below shoulder to ears and it's the best thing to do to start again /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

/images/graemlins/clap.gif Keep up the good work and happy hair growing!

Welcome to the board. I'm glad you you decided to post. /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Have you ever tried the Elasta QP Mango butter moisturizer? I started using it after reading reviews about it on here and really like it. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thank you for the warm welcome peoples /images/graemlins/king.gif it means a lot and it just reaffirms what I posted above!

sweetcocoa- I use jojoba oil right after a shampoo with a bit of infusium23 to smooth down my hair for a braid out, and it gives a really smooth finish (if i tie it down with a silk scarf before going to sleep). I tried using it before daily, but I did not use water, and it ended up being to much...I might try again, only using it more sparingly.

lexi_24- after reading all the raves on Elasta QP mango butter, I really really want to try it, but its not carried in the stores near me (walgreens, kmart, or sally's). I would have to order it online, which is a scary concept since I'll probably order about 8 other products right along with it. Can't buy just one, ya know /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Hi kaela /images/graemlins/wave.gif. It's nice to know that you nenfited so much from this board. Be sure to pop in from time to time to keep us updated on your progress /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi Kaela,

Welcome to the board! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

hi, kaela! so glad you decided to join and post! the more the merrier. i'm also glad you found alot of useful information!

lurk no more...
Lurking.gif

adrienne

Hi Kaela /images/graemlins/wave.gif

I feel the same way about everyone on this board! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Everyone is so nice and helpful and I too wish I knew this many great females in real life. Hey, but I will on April 5th when we have the DC Area meeting!!! /images/graemlins/weird.gif /images/graemlins/weird.gif /images/graemlins/weird.gif

Hi and welcome to our board the ladies here are wonderful and give great advice not only for hair enjoy!!!!!

Welcome! don't be ashamed, i was a lurker for four full months, /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi and glad to "see" you. Your post is so very true - the helpful and friendly attitude of everyone on this board makes it truly a "home."

Back