Vote for YOUR flatiron and post a review!!!

Which flat iron has given you the BEST results?

• Maxiglide

Votes: 128 22.8%
  • CHI

Votes: 122 21.7%
  • FHI

Votes: 78 13.9%
  • T3

Votes: 9 1.6%
  • Sedu

Votes: 88 15.7%
  • Other ceramic iron (please list)

Votes: 83 14.8%
  • Other tourmaline iron (please list)

Votes: 27 4.8%
  • Other iron (please list)

Votes: 27 4.8%

• Total voters
Corioliss Flat Iron is now my new favorite, I was reading a thread on flat irons and I went to ebay and did a search and got one for $29.99. I applied some Chi Silk Infussion and man...:look:

I had the same experience with the same products. Love that flat iron +chi silk infusion:yep:

I just got my Sedu today and all I can say is what I was using before was just plain WRONG!!! Sedu is the bomb. I'll be 12 weeks post on Sunday and I basically just got a fresh perm without the chemicals! I think I can finally transition.

After looking at this thread and the reviews on folica I believe I'm making my bf get me the sedu as well. Can't wait!
If this works well I'll try to transition to natural as well. I mean if my hair can be straight w/o a relaxer I'll go for it!

I voted for FHI... i have a hot pink one and not only is it the cutest flat iron ever... it really straightens my hair... once i wash and air dry my hair is a bushy mess but after my FHI I have "hair" again...

I use a BabyLiss Pro that I bought for $40 from a BSS and I couldn't be happier. It goes up to 400.F, If I use it correctly and not abousively I don't lose much hair. I use John Frieda to blow dry, to semi dry,m not parched, and Loreal Studio Line "Hot Straight" and my hair comes out really straight if I take my time and take small sections and go straighten slowly I only need to pass the iron over my hair once and I am dnoe in about 30min.
It may not be a Solia or Sedu that I was madly in love with after reading the reviews on Folica.com but I figure if I am gonna make a $100 investment then I have to use this iron more often than once a month or my hair should be all natural, cuz then I would def use the best prod on the market.
Babyliss is doing it for me, best $40 I ever spent

I use T3 Bespoke Lab tourmaline iron
  1. Heats up in seconds
  2. Doesn't burn my fine strands (also colored)
  3. Gives me great shine
  4. Purchased at Sephora
  5. I love it, worth every penny also purchased their blow dryer

Wow ladies,

I'm up late reading every post in this thread AND... I'm still a little undecided. Seems like they're all pretty good irons.

I'm transitioning to natural and want to get an iron that straightens my hair very well, but gives me that tourmaline protection.

I'm curious about the maxiglide but I don't want my hair snagging on the teeth and I want a small iron.

Think I'm gonna try the FHI and see what happens. Everyone had great comments on the tourmaline.

Anymore updates?

I have a Jilbere Nano Gold Ceramic Flat Iron. I've only used it a couple of times, but the results were fantastic (see avatar pic). It has a heat setting dial from 1 to 50, and each click takes it up by 5. The highest I've used is 10 and I sometimes take that back down to 5.

I haven't used them since before the pic (Feb) because I'm abstaining from direct heat. But I will probably use them once I'm completely natural to straighten my hair. Hopefully I won't need to purchase another one.

Last edited:
I just recently purchased a Solia and I used it last week. It was cool, but my hair didn't turn out like I wanted. I am going to try it again today on a higher heat setting. If it doesn't work out then I will send it back for a Sedu or refund. I may end up getting a Maxiglide, not sure.

This flat iron situation is getting harder for me. :wallbash:

I have a CHI Ultra that I purchased from Ulta and every time I use it on my hair it always comes out DRY! Does anyone know why this is happening. It doesn't matter if I air dry then use it or if I roller set and use it the results are still dry. Sometimes it smells like I am frying my head.

I will wash/condition
use a leave in with CHI heat protectant.

BOOOOO!!! SEDU is Whack!!:perplexed It didn't do anything for my 4a texlaxed hair. It took 5 or 6 passes to for it to get my hair half way straight and even then it still looked frizzy. SAD SEDU...So sad. I exchanged it with a quickness for a Paul Brown Hawaii, Yes this iron was more expensive and yes it is only Ceramic coated plates but it made my 3 months post relaxed hair look like a fresh relaxer!!!

Here are my SEDU results--It took 6 passes for my hair to get straight:sad:

Here are my Paul Brown Hawaii results after 1 swipe

First Pic shows 3 months worth of NG

Second Pics Show Results after 1 swipe from Paul Brown Hawaii--Check out the Bling!!!!
DSCF0499.jpg

Third Pic shows more results

ETA: Even though Folica.com has HORRIBLE customer service, this was worth the $150!!!

Last edited:
I recently bought a flat iron. ten bucks, i used it once and liked the results. It's called hot beauty.

I don't think alot of ppl on here will like it because it does not have heat settings. Just an on button and it get to 400.

I only used it once cause i'm bunning. but i am going to use it again soon to make curls

hai elite, I meant to get a hana elite cause I've heard so much about it but my hai does great and I have 3c/4a hair.

Maxiglide is the best for me. I love the fact that it has detangling pins and the steam burst. The only thing I don't like about the maxiglide is that it turns off every 45 minutes. I also have a solia. It was great but it wasnt as good as the maxiglide.

I had a Gold N Hot Ceramic Flat-iron and it worked wonders (it was 29.99) on my 4AB hair...
I called myself upgrading & bought the Tool Science Ceramic Flat-iron and got the same results...As long as it has heat control I'm for it...but I rarely use heat anymore so it sits...go figure!

I have the FHI technique. I lovee it. Gets my hair not just straight but also silky. only downside (which is pretty major) is no heat adjustment. but it's a great iron, better than the chi (i have both and FHI wins by farrr)

Well! I read this thread from top to bottom and I'm still unsure about which to buy. *sigh* What to do? What to do?

I own a GoldnHOt that I purchased from my local BSS for about 25 many years ago and I still have it, I liked it alot. I no longer use it because it does not have adjustable temp.

I have an original Maxiglide and when I first used it, it was a godsend. However when the pin plates ceramic coating wore off it fried my daughters ends, she had so many splits it was ridiculous.

I purchased some other crappy flatiron that after the 3rd use the plates started chipping. To the trash it goes and I paid 80 for it I should have just saved up and purchased a better one.

I know own a Sedu that I purchased here (for 40% less than online) and I have to say I am fairly pleased. It only goes to 410 so I have to press and release a few times to get my roots straight. I only used evco on the roots so I did not expect them to stay straight. However, on the rest at 320 I used a bit of Sabino and they are still fairly straight (after 2 intense days of step aeorobics) I sweat in my head quite a bit and I am able to comb fairly easily through my almost 3 months post 4ab hair in the back and I have not put anything on my hair since the day I flatironed with evco on the roots and Sabino on the rest. I am transitioning to texlaxed and the sections that are texlaxed have not fully reverted (they are close to the NG). I flatironed in large sections for the relaxed/texlaxed and they still feel fairly silky (2 fairly quick passes). No breakage what so ever eithier that is an added plus.

I wish this flatiron went up to 450 but whatever, I will just move slower down the section so I will only have to do no more than 2 passes.I will be purchasing the larger on for when I flatiron my daughters almost APL natural hair. It is eithier this one or an FHI. Decisions, Decisions.

The FHI is sold at my local Rickies so I may pay them a visit soon.

I wish I had the money for a FHI Runway, but at almost 400 a pop that wont be happening anytime soon. Maybe I will put a little away for the purchase IDK.

The FHI have swivel cords which I dont care for so I may not purchase it.

Last edited:
Back