My DivaSmooth Review (Relaxed, 10wks post, w/ PICS & a LONG review)

I read the ingredients and I am impressed. However, since I don't have any $ to buy the system I'll be making my own knockoff version since I have all of the ingredients. It sounds like a super slippy moisturizing conditioner.

Yes, you can probably make a similar mix on your own! That's how I felt about that Virgin Coconut Serum. I already have coconut oil & jojoba oil at home!

Let us know how it turns out if you do! I'm curious about this caramel treatment I've heard people mention, too.

Girl your hair looks great. Let them nay sayers keep away I don't want them to run out and have me on back order:lachen:It's da bombay :lachen:

Mizzdebbi, you said your friend told you that your hair is always soft. So, do you think the DivaSmooth did anything at all?

Mizzdebbi I added a link on my fotki to your pictures, I hope you don't mind. I was getting a lot of questions about relaxed hair and DS. My hair is about 50/50:ohwell: so I couldn't really answer but directed them to view your great results.

Mizzdebbi, you said your friend told you that your hair is always soft. So, do you think the DivaSmooth did anything at all?

Yes, I think the product was awesome. I have not gone this long without a relaxer in years. It's usually painful to comb through my new growth, but it was really easy.

Like I said about the heat protection, it conditioned my hair well and I didn't have any breakage from flat-ironing. Direct heat is usually really hard on my hair.

I guess you may be asking because it sounds like I'm agreeing with those who don't believe in the product, but I just like to entertain a diversity of views.

It's a keeper for me. I am the one that does my hair & I can tell the difference. Of course my hair always looks nice and soft/ shiny, etc. to my roommate - I work really hard on it. But, with DivaSmooth, I didn't feel like I had to work hard at all. In that way, it was similar to when I first get a relaxer. (I sound like I work for the company! :lachen:)

Mizzdebbi I added a link on my fotki to your pictures, I hope you don't mind. I was getting a lot of questions about relaxed hair and DS. My hair is about 50/50:ohwell: so I couldn't really answer but directed them to view your great results.

No problem!

Thanks ladies. Think I'll try DS, even if its just a great conditioner as some have said.

sounds like I only need to purchase the bottle of DS and not the add-ons?

Thanks ladies. Think I'll try DS, even if its just a great conditioner as some have said.

sounds like I only need to purchase the bottle of DS and not the add-ons?

I didn't get that stuff in the tin that comes with the most expensive kit, just the Virgin Coconut Hair Serum.

The ingredients in the serum are:
Certified Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Virgin Palm Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Rose Petals, Blend of Essential Oils.

Those are good ingredients, but the bottle is like 2oz or something like that. The size is not listed on the bottle. IDK, I could have done without it, but I did put a little on before I flat-ironed and I had nice shine. The serum may have helped with the shine.

Thanks MizzDebbie for testing this out...your hair looks amazing!

In looking at the ingredients I'm wondering if the secret is the palm oil? I've heard palm oil is one of the few oils that actually penetrates the hair so maybe that's what's making it soft...

does anyone know where you buy just palm oil?

Thanks MizzDebbie for testing this out...your hair looks amazing!

In looking at the ingredients I'm wondering if the secret is the palm oil? I've heard palm oil is one of the few oils that actually penetrates the hair so maybe that's what's making it soft...

does anyone know where you buy just palm oil?

Hmm...I don't know anything about palm oil. I think it's the honey. That's the main ingredient.

Thanks so much for pulling up this thread for me....and thanks for the DETAILED review I loved it!!! I love seeing actual pics of the results and process....How long did you leave it on for..how do u think it would do as a DC w/ heat?

Thanks for the review!! I ordered this product a few days ago and can't wait to try it. I purchased this product because it had all of the oils in it that I wanted to try but I did not want to buy individual bottles and mix all of the oils myself.

Your hair looks great!! Did you try the shea butter? What does the product smell like?

Thanks so much for pulling up this thread for me....and thanks for the DETAILED review I loved it!!! I love seeing actual pics of the results and process....How long did you leave it on for..how do u think it would do as a DC w/ heat?

Ur welcome. I left it on for 45 minutes w/o heat. I'm not sure about using it with heat. When I did a DC with honey before, I used steam. It seems like it would work, but then again the honey may get a little too dried into the hair if you put it on dry hair. I ended up dampened my hair to apply DivaSmooth.

Thanks for the review!! I ordered this product a few days ago and can't wait to try it. I purchased this product because it had all of the oils in it that I wanted to try but I did not want to buy individual bottles and mix all of the oils myself.

Your hair looks great!! Did you try the shea butter? What does the product smell like?

I didn't get the shea butter. I am a fan of mango butter, but I've never tried shea butter products.

The DivaSmooth smelled like molasses, but it wasn't strong. I only noticed it when I sniffed the bottle.

The Virgin Coconut Serum smelled lightly like coconut oil.

I didn't get the shea butter. I am a fan of mango butter, but I've never tried shea butter products.

The DivaSmooth smelled like molasses, but it wasn't strong. I only noticed it when I sniffed the bottle.

The Virgin Coconut Serum smelled lightly like coconut oil.

Thanks, can't wait to try it!!

Good luck with the product, ladies! I won't be posting about it anymore, but don't forget to share your experience with it, good or bad, so that you might help someone else.

ETA: I've resumed posting, so if you have any questions, just PM me or post them here and I will try to answer....thanks....

Last edited:
Ladies.....

I've been lurking on this site for years and this is the first time I've been compelled to post. After all of the posts regarding Diva Smooth, I decided to give the sistah a chance. Honestly, I wish I had taken before and after pictures so that you could see the results.

First, my hair is 100% natural straight up sub-Saharan African hair. I guess I’m a 4b or so (though some parts are a Z). My hair is just above bra strap length and generally, it takes me 3 hours to wash, blow dry and flat iron my hair. When I tell you that my hair was so much more manageable I mean it. After I flat ironed it, I couldn’t believe that I had actually done this to my own hair. It was so soft and beautiful.

If I can spend $18 or Matrix Biolage Conditioner, I can support a sistah who has created something purely WONDERFUL for our hair.

Try it. You’ll be so glad you did.

P.S. I don’t even like the smell of cocoanut but that oil was wonderful too. I usually use Carol’s Daughter Tui Oil, Mimosa Hair Honey and Marguerite’s Magic.

How did your hair hold up after working out? I'm finished with the relaxers and am curious how your hair responded...my hair gets very wet when I work out...if the Diva Smooth works well, I should be able to handle breaking my relaxer addiction.

Thanks in advance.

Ok, so I've been neglecting my own thread! I took a break from LHCF for a while, but I'm back...I guess....so, here are some of the questions that I have been getting! I'll try my best to answer them . (My answers are in bold):

Hello,

I currently stretching and I'm curious about Diva Smooth serum. How does it work? I heard it will temporarily loosed / straighten hair. The results remain for 4 weeks.

DivaSmooth is advertised as a "smoothing" product. It softens your NG (and the rest of your hair), thereby making it easier to straighten.

You apply it on wet or (preferably) damp hair. It's thick like honey or molasses. You let it sit for 30-45 minutes, then rinse it out. You then do ther rest of your shampooing-conditioning.

The instructions say to then blowdry, add some of their "serum" and flat-iron. I followed the exact instructions each of the three times that I used it.

However, for me, the effects did not last for a whole 4 weeks. I wash my hair once per week. I had to re-use the product before each flat iron. For example, if I used it one week, I could not roller-set the next week without my roots still being puffy. I hope that makes sense. However, my new growth was still softer, but it is not a chemical, so it DOES NOT STRAIGHTEN my NG without heat!

My question is, can I used this product and still maintain my Ayurveda (Hairveda & Afroveda) regimen?

I'm sorry, I haven't tried an Ayurveda regimen & I don't know anything about those products & techniques, so I'm not sure!

When I shampoo my hair will it reverse my NG?i.e get it all curly again?

No. It will not revert your NG. As far as I know, nothing reverts your NG back to curly/kinky/coily.

I've read on here about protein too soon after a relaxer causing some reversion or 3C-ish people experiencing reversion, but I have no personal experience!

Must I Only flat iron when using this product? Can I Roller set my hair with it instead of flat ironing?

I don't see how it would work without flat-ironing, unless you could get your hair really tight & smooth on a roller with lots of tension. Heat is needed to actually smooth & straighten the NG.

Anyone been using it for over a months?

It's a relatively new product, so I think the longest that people have been using it is 2-3 months, but I could be wrong.

Did it dry your hair out? Was it worth it? Do you still movement and swing in your hair after using this product on your New Growth?

No, it did not dry my hair out. Honey, the main ingredient has a conditioning affect, so it was just like using a DC. It made my hair softer, actually. I think it was worth the money. It helped me stretch and go without a relaxer for much longer than I normally would.

I lots of movement and bounce. It doesn't weigh your hair down b/c you use it like a pre-poo. It's rinses out and you finish the rest of your shampoo-conditioning-straightening routine.

I used this product to help me in the beginning of my stretch. After the first 2 1/2 or 3 months, I stopped flat-ironing because I was worried about heat damage. I resumed my "blowouts" & now I have a sew-in for Spring. It will be in until the end of April or early May, so I will probably use DivaSmooth again then. I am contemplating transitioning or doing a really long term stretch, so I plan to make this product a part of my regular regimen unless I find something else to substitute it for!

If anyone else has tried it, how do you feel about the claim that the effects last 4 weeks??? I found that to be untrue for my hair.....

I think my hair is just weird, just very picky. It just left my hair extremely dry. I actually tried it twice. Same results as the first time. Very dry hair after removing the product.

I think my hair is just weird, just very picky. It just left my hair extremely dry. I actually tried it twice. Same results as the first time. Very dry hair after removing the product.

Thanks for sharing the information, it is appreciated. I'm still waiting for my order and beginning to get a bit annoyed. I called their CS dept Wednesday to get an idea for shipment I was told "perhaps" it would be sent out by Saturday. I called Friday and this morning leaving voicemails and followed with an email this morning. In the meantime I've ordered Mizani Thermasmooth with expedited shipping....these roots are so tight and it's fine after prepoo and washing - the problem begins after sweating during working out!

Thanks again for the information

I dont remember if I posted my results or not....

my hair is natural 4a.
It gave a smooth press and DH loved it.
within hours my hair got SUPER dry like hay. I applied more of the serum but it just coated my dry hair.

I cant say if it would last 4 weeks. I could never let my hair stay that dried/fried.

I wont use it again.

Last edited:
I wonder what ingredient is in the product that produces such dryness?

I just got an email from them:

your order will be shipping in the next couple of days..You will get a UPS tracking number via email soon. Thanks for your patience.
--------------------------------------------------------
Janelle Beauty - Only Pure Goodness
www.janellebeauty.com
[email protected]

I responded asking why does it take so long to get the product out and as I thinking about it I asked them to cancel the order and credit my account. I can't wait 8 -10 days for them to ship something to me. I don't think I'm being inpatient, but my expectation was higher from a customer service/fulfillment standpoint, especially with all of the internet advertising they are doing. Though the product may not be made in huge batches sitting on shelves due to having no or limited preservatives (I'm guessing), they clearly haven't thought this portion of the fulfillment process out.

your order will be shipping in the next couple of days..You will get a UPS tracking number via email soon. Thanks for your patience.
www.janellebeauty.com
[email protected]

I responded asking why does it take so long to get the product out and as I thinking about it I asked them to cancel the order and credit my account. I can't wait 8 -10 days for them to ship something to me. I don't think I'm being inpatient, but my expectation was higher from a customer service/fulfillment standpoint, especially with all of the internet advertising they are doing. Though the product may not be made in huge batches sitting on shelves due to having no or limited preservatives (I'm guessing), they clearly haven't thought this portion of the fulfillment process out.

Yeah, they are doing a TON of internet advertising on like every single hair site.

www.janellebeauty.com
[email protected]

Based on the Owner/'creator' of this product... I am not surprized.

Back