The "Wanakee" Challenge-- And a LONG Introduction

Re: The \"Wanakee\" Challenge-- And a LONG Introduction

here is a link to the original site that was posted here a while back.
http://web.archive.org/web/19981207025209/http://www.wanakee.com/

The hairline cream is a good substitute for gel to control hair. I guess a substitute would be Elasta QP Glaze, or Let's Jam, something like that that is used for molding without the hardness. Even though the consistency of the products are not the same, they serve similar purposes...

Guess what I'm wearing today????

A BUN!!! Ha ha! I actually flat ironed/pressed my hair straight on Sunday and decided yesterday to see if I could get it back into a bun...of course I needed the help of a few satin scrunchies for "filling" (much like those sponge bun maker things you can get at sally's) but I was able to slick it back, and fan the hair over for to create bun....so excited!

That's EXCELLENT so!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm also wearing a bun (still under my scarf too).

I'm getting sad tho. It's becoming clear that I'm going to have to cut off MOST of my hair. All the hair from about an inch from my scalp to the ends is in terrible shape. It felt a little better when I used the Ouidad products yesterday, but it's very sad. Even sadder because I have NO intention of cutting my hair down to two inches or whatever, so I'm actually going to have to DEAL with it as I trim the worst of it away.

I never thought I'd say this ever in my life, but: Thank god for buns...
smile.gif

I just remembering Wanakee's words...

"If your hair is damaged, take heart..."
laugh.gif

:-( Oh no! What exactly happened Tracy? The last time I checked out your pictures, you're hair looked great! Don't worry, we'll both get it together. The Deep Treatment is really good, it's just expensive!!!! (I've bought the 8oz bottle in the past) I think you'll like the results if you have a chance to use it regularly as suggested.

[ QUOTE ]
so1913 said:
Guess what I'm wearing today????

A BUN!!! Ha ha! I actually flat ironed/pressed my hair straight on Sunday and decided yesterday to see if I could get it back into a bun...of course I needed the help of a few satin scrunchies for "filling" (much like those sponge bun maker things you can get at sally's) but I was able to slick it back, and fan the hair over for to create bun....so excited!

[/ QUOTE ]
trampoline.gif
@ 'a bun'.
wink.gif

I just overdid it with permanent color so....

Over and over and over again (a least 15 different color jobs over the past year) despite my hair's best behavior. It finally just gave up.
ohwell.gif

I can't say I blame it - but it's not fun to watch.
frown.gif

The Ouidad treatment, leave in, and humidity gel are all great. I noticed WAY less breakage then I've been getting when I used it. Just a few hairs instead of the usual "slightly smaller than a ping pong ball" thing I've been getting everytime my hair is wet - which is almost daily between swimming and working out.
crazy.gif

:::sigh::: anyway....

trampoline.gif
ing at your bun with Allandra, tho! You go girl.

Pretty soon I hope (with our new fail proof regimen) to have some triumphs of my own.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:

Pretty soon I hope (with our new fail proof regimen) to have some triumphs of my own.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You will!!! I just assumed I couldn't work with the length I had to get the bun, but it turned out I could. I'm excited now because I can follow the regimen better AND when I get the urge to mess with my hair and wash it earlier than I would like, I can throw it in a bun and not worry about it.

Check your PM's when you get a chance!

okay never mind. I just found out. But I thought I saw her pictures on the Cathy Howse site. What's up with that?

hmmm...I've only seen pics of cathy on her site. She started putting other photos up?

Hey so!
wave.gif
You know I never miss an opportunity to shout you out!!!

I probably won't join you in the Wanakee challenge but I share your motivations for joining as well as your frustrations with all the products.

I tried my best today to reflect back on when my hair was healthiest but cannot remember. What's worse..I didn't really post my successes so I can't even search for them. They maybe in a notebook somewhere (and I assure you the notes are incomplete).

Anyway.....good luck and welcome back my love!!

[ QUOTE ]
daviine said:
Hey so!
wave.gif
You know I never miss an opportunity to shout you out!!!

I probably won't join you in the Wanakee challenge but I share your motivations for joining as well as your frustrations with all the products.

I tried my best today to reflect back on when my hair was healthiest but cannot remember. What's worse..I didn't really post my successes so I can't even search for them. They maybe in a notebook somewhere (and I assure you the notes are incomplete).

Anyway.....good luck and welcome back my love!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the shout out girlie!!! Stay positive, we'll finally get it together!!! Keep me updated.

Has anyone actually tried all the Wanakee products and see benefits.

I have in the past, which is why I've returned back to them...

I think the cost keeps many people from sticking to it though unfortunately :-(

I purchased the whole package a few years ago when the company was owned by Wanakee. I was pleased with the products. The shampoo and conditioner were great, but I loved the hair oil especially. If I remember correctly, the hair oil does not really contain any oil. It was an excellent moisturizer but did not leave the hair with that greasy, oily feeling. The only product that did not work well for me was the detangling spray. I eventually stopped using the products because they were too expensive.

What happened with Wanakee? Why is she no longer the owner of the company?

Just updating, I've added vitamins to my regimen. Since I started working on an audit client thats a pharmaceutical company a couple of weeks ago, we can purchase their products discounted in the company store. SOOOOO I went ahead and picked up a few and added GNC ultra nourishair. I've never been good at sticking to supplements regimen though for more than 3 weeks or so :-(

[ QUOTE ]
melodee said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I was told she left to become a minister at her own church.
angel.gif

[ QUOTE ]
LaVinya said:
[ QUOTE ]
melodee said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I was told she left to become a minister at her own church.
angel.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm......wonder if she still uses the products herself???

Re: The \"Wanakee\" Challenge-- And a LONG Introduct

Wanakee's products were what I started my hair challenge with
back in 2000. I liked the idea of a set "system" of hair products and her simplified regimen. My hair thrived. And the shine was fantastic.

I moved away from her products as I became a PJ and began to experiment with other products. Lately I have been thinking of going back to the products. I want to simplify and these products work for me.

The "Wanakee Challenge"....ya got me thinking.....

[ QUOTE ]
fletgee said:
Wanakee's products were what I started my hair challenge with
back in 2000. I liked the idea of a set "system" of hair products and her simplified regimen. My hair thrived. And the shine was fantastic.

I moved away from her products as I became a PJ and began to experiment with other products. Lately I have been thinking of going back to the products. I want to simplify and these products work for me.

The "Wanakee Challenge"....ya got me thinking.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on...You know you wanna....
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
fletgee said:
I'm thinking.......I'm thinking..
scratchchin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on.........
poke.gif

Like I mentioned, I love the Constant Care for Ends and I have the Hair Oil (just haven't used it yet) and the Hairline Creme (haven't used that either), is there something special about the shampoo and conditioner?

so1913,
If Im not mistaken, havent u used design essentials line before? How do u compare it to wanakee? If I stuck with one line it would probably be DE, but if wanakee is better Id consider it bc for all of the products in a package , the prices are about the same.

PS, Ive admired your hair for a long time! it always looks great!

Fletgee: I wouldn't say there is anything "special", It just falls in line with any "quality" shampoo and conditioner. The shampoo doesn't strip your hair, but thoroughly cleanses. The conditioner is very thick and moisturizing.

Leslie: You're trying to trick me! See...If I say Verifen Complex is better, then you may spend the money on them, hate it or think to yourself "what's the big deal???", and be mad at me :-( I'd say if you found something QUALITY stick to it. DE is a good line. I wouldn't say one is better than the other, I just know that this particular line yielded great results for me in the past and I had to pick one line to stick to put together a regimen. I think DE is a reputable brand and if you are happy with it thus far, stick with it and forget about VC...there's nothing I can think of in particular to tell you that makes VC better and to run out and purchase them.

Now for those that have not found a "quality" line, then I'd say consider VC as an option...

I'm in too. Wanakee's products were what I used when I first transitioned in the early 90's. I have debated about what do to with my hair so long. I have reached the conclusion that....I am going to texturize. I got the okay from the doctor. I wasn't allowed to relax because of medication for 3 years. Anyway. I have so much stuff that I will not buy any HAIR OIL products until I am out of everything else. I may end up using just Elucence/Nexxus and Wanakee's Hairline cream. I am working on paying off debt and remodling my house by the end of the year.

I wanted to try the hairline creme but the shipm.fee is so expensive. Do you know anywhere else I can find her products?

[ QUOTE ]
blackhair said:
I wanted to try the hairline creme but the shipm.fee is so expensive. Do you know anywhere else I can find her products?

[/ QUOTE ]

The only other places you'd probably be able to purchase the products are from the salons listed on the website.

Back