Vote for YOUR flatiron and post a review!!!

Which flat iron has given you the BEST results?

• Maxiglide

Votes: 128 22.8%
  • CHI

Votes: 122 21.7%
  • FHI

Votes: 78 13.9%
  • T3

Votes: 9 1.6%
  • Sedu

Votes: 88 15.7%
  • Other ceramic iron (please list)

Votes: 83 14.8%
  • Other tourmaline iron (please list)

Votes: 27 4.8%
  • Other iron (please list)

Votes: 27 4.8%

• Total voters
*Dee* said:
I voted the chi hands down!
-It's not as bulky
-straightens my hair very easily and fast!
-lasts long (durable)
-never snaggs my hair
-genuine ceramic plates
-has never burned my hair (damage wise)
-heats up in less than 2min
*that's all I can think of for now :)

SO TRUE! I love my CHI!

Ok, I don't know about any other prospective buyers, but I'm MORE confused than I was before!!

I just don't know which one I want...I think in the back of my mind I've already decided to get 2...one as a backup should something go awry with the first...but still, I don't know which 2 I want.

I think I'll sit back and watch this thread a while longer.

Thanks for the reviews ladies, you guys are awesome!

Eiano said:
Maxiglide,

there's nothing I can say about this product that it doesn't say on it's own. Dizzamn. The Maxiglide took me from "NO!" :eek: to "WHOA!":blondboob

MG to tha fullest.
*throws her sets up... hands in the shape of an 'M'*
:lachen:

should we come up with secret handshake too?

I know with me I will may get FHI or CHI, just because my hair is not course as used to be before I got sick. But my step daughter has really thick course hair I may get the Maxi for her, but I will try the FHI/CHI (not sure which one I will get) on her first.

neonbright said:
I know with me I will may get FHI or CHI, just because my hair is not course as used to be before I got sick. But my step daughter has really thick course hair I may get the Maxi for her, but I will try the FHI/CHI (not sure which one I will get) on her first.
FHI FHI FHI FHI FHI FHI FHI (subtle hint!)

I vote for Maxiglide. I originally bought a Sedu, but when I saw what the MG could do, I returned it. My review is based on my the fact that I am transitioning. I think those transitioners or naturals will benefit from the Maxiglide because it has a combing affect with a flat piece that can replace the comb-type attachment for flatironing.

The flat iron just flattens the hair, although I have to admit the Sedu did a good job was I was like 8 months into my transition, now that more than half of my head is natural I need a serious iron. HTH. If you decide to transition, you will need the Maxiglide, my hair is straighter using MG than when it was relaxed :look: .

I love my Chi, but the only problem is that the cord got a shortage in it last year so it's holding on my tape and a rubber band.... When I buy a new one I'm afraid I may need to find another kind.... So keep posting reviews.

I have a "Mega Hot Ceramics" flat iron by Belson Products and I love love love it! It has removable heat shields guide teeth and goes from 200-400 degrees. It heats up quickly, I'm not sure how quickly, I've never timed it. Nothing has got my hair as straight, shiny, and silky and I've tried Hot Tools and Chi ceramic flat irons in the past along with many, many products. My hair is natural and this iron gives my hair a very nice pressed/relaxed look with very little product. In fact after washing my hair and applying my leave-ins i just put in a little WGO and let it air dry and then flat iron it. The best thing about my flat iron was the price! I got it at TJ Maxx for $20, but I think this brand is also available at Sally's for a little bit more money than what I paid at TJ Maxx. I was skeptical at first because I didn't know if a cheapie flat iron would work for my hair, but since I didn't have much luck with the Chi I figured it was worth a shot. I'm glad I tried it though because I was considering buying a Sedu. My sister (she's transitioning) also went out and bought this flat iron after trying mine and I never see her use her expensive Chi anymore. lol

I used to have a wigo, which was fine but my sedu is the truth..I keep hearing about the maxiglide...but the sedu had more positive reviews...I am very happy with it; smooth hair in about 15-20 minutes..I can extend my relaxers for 5-6 months now..and it is light weight/gets to my roots...versus 3-4..down side is that wash day is tortuous..

sista slick
I am also in love with fhi. my hair dresser has one and she hooks my hair up with it. I am thinking of buying one. which one do u have? i was thinking of buying the 205 1"

beautiful beginnings said:
sista slick
I am also in love with fhi. my hair dresser has one and she hooks my hair up with it. I am thinking of buying one. which one do u have? i was thinking of buying the 205 1"
..girl, get the 207!!!!!

Crysdon said:
I have a Sedu and I love it. It is a tourmaline & ceramic flat iron that is also ionic. I had a FHI and that was good too, but the Sedu wins hands down.

It does not pull or snag your hair. The plates are extremely smooth. It makes your hair soft and silky, and your hair doesn't revert even in high humidity.

The Sedu is the best hair straightener I've ever had.

CO-SIGNING!!! My first flat-iron was an FHI and I was very happy with it and I thought that I couldn't find a better iron, but once I tried the Sedu I couldn't go back...I have relaxed hair and i think its an excellent iron...expensive but worth every penny...I'd be very very VERY upset if something happened to it!!!!

This is a very interesting thread!! When I got my hair straightened at the salon, she used an FHI iron and my hair was FABULOUS!! But, I have a client that is a representative for Farouk (makes the CHI iron), she said that it was hands down the best iron ever, but I think she's biased because she works for them...I think that I am torn between the sedu and FHI. I have another client getting me some info on the Sedu, will post the results when she gives them to me. I know a lot of people like the Maxiglide, but it would definitely not work on my extremely coarse and thick hair. It looks like it would be too bulky to use.

Okay Ladies,

I am seeing Sedu, FHI, Maxiglide often.
Which one would you recommend for natural 4a type hair?
Awaiting reply..................Thank you in advance.

I have a FHI and I DO NOT like it. I have used a CHI and a HAI and prefer both to it. Maybe I got a bad product, but one of the plastic FHI screw covers came off, the plates don't line up right so it doesn't always clamp down on my hair properly, and it snags the hair. I do get good results with it though, it's just a pain to use. I'm considering getting something else, I was orginally considering a MaxiGlide or CHI, but the Sedu is sounding pretty good...

Cincysweetie said:
Maybe I got a bad product, but one of the plastic FHI screw covers came off, the plates don't line up right so it doesn't always clamp down on my hair properly, and it snags the hair. ...

Oh no, you should have sent that one right back and made good on the warranty. That one sounds like a hot mess:lol: It shouldn't be doing that at all:nono:

And beautiful beginnings, go with the 207 like brownsugar said. Mine is a 302 which is the 1 1/4 inch plates. In hindsight, I could have probably made it with the one inch iron for my roots. But the one I have works just as well. Also go for the red plated one. The golden plates are a little more affordable, but the red plates are a newer version and it is the professional model.:D

Oh and Make sure the model number has RVI behind it, not RFI. I think the 205 you were talking about is an RFI model. RVI means that your iron is variable heat and the RFI means it is on a fixed heat setting. As hot as these irons get, you want to be able to control the heat.:yep: so while it is more affordable to get the fixed heat version-- you don't want your hair to pay the price.:ohwell:

MissBermuda said:
I have an HAI ceramic iron with multiple temo control and absolutely love it.

I've heard good things about the HAI as well! It is really underrated.:D It looks so much like the FHI to me. I remember when I was looking for an iron last year- this one was on the list along with the Farouk CHI, and the FHI. Which one do you have the stik? or the convertable?

I have a Solia and LOVE it. When I purchased it, I went online intending to purchase the Sedu, but the Solia was cheaper and its ratings were just as high as the Sedu. I am VERY, VERY happy with it! Especially since I was switching from a Gold n Hot flat iron that was bulky, scorched my hair, and didn't get it straight enough (I'm texturized). The Solia is ceramic/tourmaline - "Its ceramic/tourmaline ion technology will generate gentle far-infrared heat and extra negative ions to create the perfectly frizz-free hair without heat damage."

Here's a link to the Solia: http://www.folica.com/Solia_Tourmalin_d1558.html. I have the 1 1/4 inch.

Hey, should I buy the maxiglide or the mini glide, cause I only want it to straighten my roots. All the raves I hear are about the maxi glide, but it is too big for me to staigten my roots with. I know that the maxi glide has a temp control on it, but the mini glide is smaller. What do yall think? Has anyone used the miniglide, how does it compaire?

I am going to go with the Solia 1" tourmaline iron. I also wanted to try the tourmaline one from sally's for 60.00 but I want the solia cause I can use it on slighly damp hair. Plus I am not sure how long that one from sally's will last.

Maxiglide hands down for me! I will not go to another flat iron. Maxiglide gives me a beautiful sheen and the results lasts days. I love the steam burst. Once I got a handle on the correct way to use it I have gotten beautiful results EVERY single time. I can also get fabulous results on my daughter's natural hair without damaging her curl pattern.

I voted for the T3. I will never use another iron or relax again as long as the T3 exists. PERIOD :grin:

My next purchases will be the T3 WET/DRY Iron, the T3 Blow dryer, T3 combs and the T3 curling iron. :lol: Then eventually I will move on to purchasing T3 stock!

simplycee said:
Maxiglide hands down for me! I will not go to another flat iron. Maxiglide gives me a beautiful sheen and the results lasts days. I love the steam burst. Once I got a handle on the correct way to use it I have gotten beautiful results EVERY single time.

ITA!!!!!
Yes, Maxiglide most definatley. That Steam burst button is like a secret weapon..lol. When I use to flat iron my hair it was always so dry. Now it stays moisturized and soft and looks shiny and only takes me minutes to go over hair. i LOVE it, I LOVE it!!!!

Back