Adding oil to Shea Moisture Hair masque

Umm Ebraheem

Hi Ladies,

I'm thinking of adding either jojoba or coconut oil to some Shea moisture Deep treatment masque to get a 2-in-1 deep conditioning treatment and wanted to know if anyone else has done this or if this might not be a good idea. Thanks
Umm Ebraheem

Thanks for responding. I'm going to add some coconut oil that I need to use and then I'm going to be trying the Olive You deep conditioner and the Bee Mine deep conditioner. I'd like to have something I don't need to add to and I at first liked this mask, but now I'm not really convinced.

I tried it. It was a little better, but it didn't give me the desired slip. But as a leave in/end sealer it's lovely.

Maybe add some water and whip it in with a higher ratio of oil to masque to make it more of a slippier consistency?

Last edited:
If anything, find your receipt and take it back. There's nothing you can add to that stuff to make it "work". It gets a little better, but it surely isn't DC quality. It's great as a leave in though

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I don't care for it but I use i as a base for super dc's with ton's of oil and honey. At this point trying to use it up. I don't like the scent so I don't want to leave it in either.

If anything, find your receipt and take it back. There's nothing you can add to that stuff to make it "work". It gets a little better, but it surely isn't DC quality. It's great as a leave in though

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF
:lol: Wish I could take it back. My hair seemed to like it at one point but it didn't last. The first time I tried it I actually like it.

Back