Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Wheatgerm

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • An Oil Not Listed Here

Votes: 215 19.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lea86111

well hot 6 oil is the bestest BUT since it doesn't really count, i guess i'll have to choose castor oil. I used to really like it but now that i've tried hot 6, it doesn't even compare, yo! Lol

i absolutely HATED coconut oil and wheatgerm oil is not doing it for me either! =( now i got this big ol' bottle in the fridge for nothing...blahhhh

Last edited:

Naturel

Avocado oil. I have experimented with avocado, olive, sweet almonds and coconut. Avocado is the one my hair likes best, then olive. Coconut works on my straight hair not on my natural hair, but I am trying to make it work since everyone says it's the best for hair.

biancaelyse

Rice Bran Oil and Grapeseed Oil are my 2 staples right now. Coconut Oil is 3rd followed by castor oil and shea butter in the cold months.

DrC

Sunflower, coconut, and Crisco...( yes Crisco, the oil you cook with lol)
I use the sunflower and/or coconut oil 2-3 time out the week. I use crisco to seal my ends or on my scalp.

Tiye

Sunflower, coconut, and Crisco...( yes Crisco, the oil you cook with lol)
I use the sunflower and/or coconut oil 2-3 time out the week. I use crisco to seal my ends or on my scalp.

Lot's of beauty products use hydrogenated veggie oil - including high end ones.

I don't have just one favorite oil but right now I like jamaican black castor oil and virgin coconut oil a lot. Grapeseed oil is a staple coz it absorbs well.

AFashionSlave

Jaques Hair Oil by Jacques Ahead of Time Miami. It has a mixture of all the top oils. I love it.:D

Jaque and her sister used to do my relaxed short cuts back in the day. That's cool that they have a line of products. I guess they are still doing great business there.

Curlykale

Grapeseed forever and ever. It would be rice bran as well if it wasn't so difficult to find in shops.
Olive and coconut for deep conditioning.

FRESHstart101

i'm new to this but so far Castor Oil is whats given me the best results so far.
It (plus "Stay Free Care Gold" & "S-Curl) makes my hair so much more softer and helped even out my texture because of my previous heat damage around the front of my hair from flat-ironing so much while wearing sew-ins. =)

Ms.London

Just thought i would add some uses of oils that i found....you know us lhcf ladies like to be educated first before we invest in a purchase...feel free to chime on other oils and their benefits ladies :)

Basil: Oily hair. Promotes growth

Chamomile: Fine to normal hair. Gives golden highlights

Clary sage: All types of hair. Dandruff treatment

Lavender: Normal hair. Scalp treatment for itchiness, dandruff, and even lice!

Lemon: Oily hair. Gives golden highlights; treatment for dry scalp, dandruff, lice, and underactive sebaceous glands

Myrrh: Dry hair. Treatment for dry scalp, dandruff, lice, and underactive sebaceous glands

Patchouli: Oily hair. Dandruff treatment

Peppermint: Dry hair. Promotes hair growth

Rose: Fine hair. Soothes scalp

Rosemary: Oily hair. Dandruff treatment; promotes hair growth

Tea tree: Oily hair. Treatment for dry scalp, dandruff, lice, and underactive sebaceous glands

Ylang-ylang: Oily hair. Dandruff treatment