What are your favourite oils to use to seal moisture in?

What are you favourite oils to use to seal in moisture in?

• almond

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • peanut

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • jojoba

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • coconut

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • emu

• olive

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • sesame

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • amla

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • other-please specify

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • none

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sarahh.

What are your favourite oils and why?
Are there any oils you've tried and don't like?
Does it really matter what oil you use?
What else do you use oils for?

Last edited:

LushLox

I rotate between various oils, but my favourite is coconut oil (unrefined) and sweet almond and vanilla. I've just bought some strawberry seed oil, which is divine when you add a few drops to conditioner.

I also use oils for head massages, and hot oil pre poos. :)

*fabulosity*

I tried all of the ayurveda (coconut,vatika,shikikai,amla) and even some of the Cantu olive oil which I like... But I found AVOCADO oil and my hair LOVES it... it gives intense shine and it's light.

LovinLocks

I'm still in the experimental stage, but here is where I am thus far:

VCO. I love the smell :grin:

Ummm, shoot. I got some Indian stuff (been buying so much), and can't think of the name of it right this sec. But, it stinks, maaan. Is it the "amla"???? I'll have to look at the box when I get home. Don't doubt it's good though which is why I will finish up the bottle.

Does it really matter what oil you use?

Nope, I do not believe it does, IMHO. I recall when Jheri Curls were the rage my girlfriend cosmetologist commented to me, "You know how people's hair grows sooo long with curls? Well, it's not the chemical it's that they are keeping their hair moisturized." I have never forgotten her words. She then added, "Heck, people could use chicken grease, as long as their hair is kept from getting dry; it will grow." I tell ya, I will NEVER forget that.

So, when I became active here and am reading about all these oils I knew it to be the truth, i.e., not a new concept/revelation.

My body.

Ballerina_Bun

- jojoba (it's light yet effective)
- EVOO ... (liquid gold for me. Can use it for everything)
- Black castor oil (good mixed with other oils... love it on my scalp during the winter)
-shea (it's perfect)
-avocado (need it to mix with EVOO and jojoba)

- mangobutter :ohwell:

Does it really matter what oil you use?- yes

- removing make-up, oiling my body ...

~*Tigget*~

I :heart2:coconut oil. I have recently been using Omega oil blend. It makes my hair soft. Amla oil is good for pre-pooing

msdevo

Quick question for you ladies.... How are you using your JBCO?? A friend sent me 2 bottle and I have no idea what to do with them.

Thanks in advance

Eisani

Jojoba
JBCO on wet hair (loves it!)
EVCO
Vatika Frosting :lick:
Grapeseed

All of these leave my hair super soft and light, even the JBCO when applied to wet hair. My hair drinks this stuff up.

Transformer

Half and Half mixture of coconut and castor oil. Castor oil is too heavy for use by itself on my hair. Coconut doesn't fight the humidty in my location if used by itself. Together they are perfect!

KizzieNapps

What are your favourite oils and why? I use Jojoba daily because its light and works very well for my hair with no build up.

Are there any oils you've tried and don't like? I wouldn't say I dont like them but Coconut Oil, Castor oil and Amla are too heavy for me to leave in all day. I use these for pre-poos.

Does it really matter what oil you use? For Me it does; my hair cant take too much product and build-up me no likey:nono:

What else do you use oils for? Pre-poos, sometimes I mix them in with my conditioner for a regular co-wash or deep condition.

hillytmj

I like olive because it's light and odorless. It also rinses off my hands very easily and is perfect for loosening knots and tangles.

LovinLocks

I like olive because it's light and odorless. It also rinses off my hands very easily and is perfect for loosening knots and tangles.

Yeah, I forgot about good old olive. I think were I not trying to convert to this ayurvedic stuff, Olive would definitely be my oil of choice. :yep:

stargazer613

jojoba oil, coconut oil, sweet almond oil, and castor oil mixed with something light like grapeseed oil.

jojoba is my favorite because it's light, odorless and keeps the scalp and ends healthy. I use it sometimes on my face, too.

my least favorite is wheat germ because it smells funny and doesn't really do much for my hair.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
I use castor oil for sealing because it feels thicker to me and I just feel that it does the job better but I have used olive oil and coconut oil for sealing. I prefer olive oil and coconut oils for pre pooing the night before. They help to detangle my hair really well!

Akemi

Olive, Olive, Olive!! The best!! It makes my hair sooo soft and moisturized when used for sealing. :yep: