What are your favourite oils to use to seal moisture in?

What are you favourite oils to use to seal in moisture in?

• almond

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • peanut

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • jojoba

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • coconut

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • emu

• olive

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • sesame

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • amla

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • other-please specify

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • none

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

growinmyhair

I use unrefined coconut oil and olive but i'v run out so i purchased JBCO, and i love it. i use all of them now, i would like to try jojoba oil next.

Last edited:

LovinLocks

Sherry girl, look at you. Don't think I've seen you b4 (meaning your hair). I'd sure like to show it to some sistahs up this way. You go, woman!!!!!!! Good job taking care of your babies (strands of hair). Humph, perhaps I need some Jamaican black stuff, whatever you said above. Wonder if it'll help lil ole ladies? Okay, big ole ladies!!!

SherryLove

Sherry girl, look at you. Don't think I've seen you b4 (meaning your hair). I'd sure like to show it to some sistahs up this way. You go, woman!!!!!!! Good job taking care of your babies (strands of hair). Humph, perhaps I need some Jamaican black stuff, whatever you said above. Wonder if it'll help lil ole ladies? Okay, big ole ladies!!!

oh thank you, Lovin Locks...Yeah the Jamaican Black Castor oil works like a charm when mixed with other moisturizing oils. A lot of the ladies here love it, and I am sure you will as well. smile.... take care for now....

chebaby

of the ones you listed i am in love with coconut oil. emerald brand and unrefined. but i chose other because coconut comes second to my all time fave which is cocasta oil.

Firefly

I use several different oils (almond, jojoba, coconut, evoo, alma, vatika) but lately I've been using only alma to seal everyday except wash/deep condition day and then I use vatika. I've noticed less shedding and my hair seems easier to comb then before (I only comb on wash day). I've only been doing this for about 3 weeks but so far so good.

Aggie

This is hard to vote for because I like most of the ones indicated here but I like different oils for different things. I love coconut oil but to me it's better when used on my scalp along with jojoba and amla oil. I do like sweet almond oil, evoo, JBCO, and safflower oils as sealants and add to conditioners, etc.

I don't see other ayurveda oils like bhringraj, brahmi, shikakai and vatika oils which I also use on my scalp and on my hair.

TwoKaylas

I've used olive, almond, castor, and coconut. Coconut is my fav single oil... my hair responds well to it. But I really prefer oil blends (homemade or store) I'm gonna have to try strawberry seed oil (Cream Tee where did you get it from?)

gabulldawg

I Currently alternate between EVOO, avocado oil, and hot six oil... :look: Trying to use up what I have before buying anymore oils! :yep:

Sarahh.

Thanks for replying everyone!
It seems like caster oil and coconut oil are the favourites with olive and jojoba not far behind!
I'm looking for something fairly light so I think I might try olive and jojoba. :)

Last edited:

livesoundtech

I absolutely LOVE olive oil... maybe it's because I'm Sicilian :lachen:

I usually wash my hair, then apply the olive oil and wear a shower cap. I let it sit in for 15-20 minutes, then rinse and condition as usual.

Once in awhile, I'll put it in while dry, wear a shower cap, and let it sit for as long as I can stand it. Then I'll wash and condition.

Olive oil works miracles... but I noticed on the poll that many of you like coconut oil. I've never tried it! What are the benefits? Does it make your hair overly greasy or is it a lightweight oil?