POLL: Which is the best Flat Iron in your opinion

Which is the best Flat Iron in your opinion?

• Total voters

tetbelle

My $25 Revlon Flat iron that thing is the best. I use the bigger one. It's white on the outside.

Oh and I have the FHI and T3 Tourmaline...spent a whole bunch of money but the Revlon wins hands down.

Last edited:

exarreca

I voted other for my Rusk, 1 inch, curved, had felt on both sides to keep fingers from getting burned. It worked for 4 years then just gave out. It cost 150. I bought a Solia, it was on sale at folicia.com and came with some free items. it is not as great as my Rusk, but it is doing so far. (I am going to break down and get another Rusk to be my backup to the Solia.)

seymone

IMO, T3 is the best flat iron out there. It does not snag hair at all. What ur left with is soft, bouncy, straight hair. It also doubles as a curling iron. I use the IC heat protectant. The T3 cost $160. There is also a T3 that u can flat iron with wet hair that is $200.

Everything Zen

Just got my FHI Runway a couple of weeks ago. I love the wet to dry styling feature. My hair feels so moisturized afterwards!!! I only use direct heat once or twice every three months but I love this product. :yep:

caribeandiva

Human being
Sedu!

i get excellent results with it. it's 1 inch. i paid $118 for at folica.com. i use silk elements or Tresseme heat protectant sprays.

Golden

I have one from Gama, the CP1. I love it and I've noticed that a lot of hairstylist use it.

Misseyl

I just purchased my Sudu (2008 model) from Folica, I should be getting it sometime after February 26 I believe. My hair is in braids, but coming May, I'll be able to voice my opinion then -- by that time I should have 68 wks of new growth to test it on...

Soliel185

SEDU! I have a 1 1/2 iron that I bought for $125.00 at Ulta on a whim. It's the first iron I've used where my hair actually feels healthier AFTER heat. I can do my whole head on low-low heat in about 20 minutes. Which is ridiculous when you consider that it used to take over an hour with other irons. It doesn't snag or burn, it's ready in 2 secs, and my hair feels soooo soft afterwards. :lick:

MizAvalon

I have a Maxiglide that I love! I got it with a 20% off coupon from Bed, Bath, and Beyond so it was maybe 60 something dollars?:grin:

CherishGOU

well here's my 2 cents... at the salon I worked in we used a CHI, but I hated it. It snagged my clients hair alot. So I'd just use a large barreled curly iron. The Hot Tools one is awesome for much less money. And if you can spare some cash, splurge on a T3 Tourmaline. They have one that you can use on wet hair and it is AMAZING! It cost $160 and is well worth it. I used it on my natural hair w/o blowdrying it first and my hair was stick straight! It actually took a few minutes after wetting it before it curled back up! Not damaging because it dries/straightens your hair in one sweep. You don't have to go over your hair 2 and 3 times before it's straight or dry enough.

Could you explain how this type of flat iron works without burning your scalp or hair? What is different about this particular flat iron?

Misseyl

Used my Sedu on my Mom's natural hair and it was fantastic. Her hair came out so straight, it looked like it was pressed/relaxed. I'm very pleased w/the results and have no doubt that when I remove my braids in May, I'll have no problems straightening it..

lnana04

My warranty expired on my Sedu. The little plug on it cracked and it will not come on. Does anyone know where I can get it fixed??

I am not paying another $118 for a flatiron.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I love my Solia! I've tried quite a few, including Maxiglide, but the Solia has worked the best for my 4b relaxed hair. Maxiglide was too big for my roots.

I think I have the 1" Solia. I bought on sale on Folica for $79.

Xavier

You ladies make it so hard to decide.:wallbash:

I am think either the CHI or Sedu...I am thinking about transitioning so I need to dish out some money because I don't want to do a big chop until I have at least a year of new growth.

Healthb4Length

For all interested in CHI flat irons, I was at the JCPenny's salon "browsing":look: at some products and struck up a convo with the sales ladies. They informed me that the CHI flat irons will be on Sales next week, so instead of the regular $149, they'll be $109! Sounds good to me, I'm tempted but I already have way too many appliances.

misscrystal

Nappy and Happy
I use a T3 wet to dry. It works really well on my texturized hair and really makes it shiny and swingy :yep: Most importantly, my hair never smells burned even though I flat-iron my hair with the highest setting.

Edit: this is the one I use. I've had it for more than 2 years now and I love it!

Last edited:

Everything Zen

Okay so I will always adore my FHI Runway (I kinda have to considering how much money it cost me) I love it as a good flat iron for the most healthy heat possible and I love the fact that I can use it on damp hair.

but...

I just got the Maxiglide on sale from HSN and WOW...:yawn:

It got my entire head of hair super straight in half the time (less than 30 minutes)
It was so easy- I let MisterMan even help and he was amazed. Then my momma stole the miniglide that came with it- ***** :rolleyes:

I feel like the Maxiglide can't even really be considered a flat iron because of all the detangling pins.

I will always love my FHI and use it for rollerwraps because you definitely can't use the Maxiglide for just flatironing roots or if you need to touch up the ends.

But when it comes to bone straight hair styles I am Maxiglide all the way!!! :grin:

I can't wait to try it out on my hair with a good amount of new growth...

BKVincy

Im excited about the maxiglide
just ordered myself havent flat ironed since Ive been natural

I also own a T3 wet dry and I love it - need tips though havent used it since natural...

DivaD04

I don't think i said why my Farouk CHI is the best so here it is...b/c i can use it to flip, curl, and straighten. Besides being a miracle worker, I have been captain save with this thing many of days, especially back in the days when I was always having to do hair or when I'm in town. If you only use it to straighten you don't know what your chi is capable of. But for those with a good chi and if you haven't experienced the full benefits of your handy dandy chi, give it a shot and enjoy it.

clever

question for chi users...
anybody ever get any smoke coming from the iron?:ohwell:My hair isn't damaged and it doesn't sizzle,it just smokes?Could it be the serum?

Ericka

I just bought a solia flat iron and it worked great the first time I used it, but the second time I used it after a fresh wash and condition, my straight hair didn't last a whole day. All I remember is getting up the next day and my curls were gone and my hair was frizzy as if I just blow dried it. The crazy thing is, it wasn't even humid outside that day. So I'm going to give it just one more try before I send it back for a refund. Next on my list is the T3 wet/dry flat iron. I've heard some many good reviews about this flat iron. I just hope it's well worth the money.