POLL: Which is the best Flat Iron in your opinion

Which is the best Flat Iron in your opinion?

• Total voters

Cincysweetie

BAILEYSCREAM said:
I am after a really good flat iron and I realise that other members are too. So, I created this poll to find out which flat iron is the Number 1 favourite here at LHCF.

Please take a few moments to vote in this poll.

Also, please list:

* How much you paid for it?

* Results you get with it

* Size in Inches

* What heat protectant/hair products do you use before you use it?

I have tried to list all the main brands, but if your brand is not listed here then just put it under other and please state which one it is.

Thanks for your time.
SEDU!!!!!

$118
EXCELLENT results
1 inch
I use a LITTLE Biosilk, only a little...but I'm thinking of switching to Redskin Smooth Down Heat Glide although I don't really feel like a heat protectant is that necessary...

deejoy

I have the Sedu.

BAILEYSCREAM said:
I am after a really good flat iron and I realise that other members are too. So, I created this poll to find out which flat iron is the Number 1 favourite here at LHCF.

Please take a few moments to vote in this poll.

Also, please list:

* How much you paid for it? $125 somewhere around there

* Results you get with it-smooth straight hair

* Size in Inches-1 1/2

* What heat protectant/hair products do you use before you use it? Dudley's Creme Press

I have tried to list all the main brands, but if your brand is not listed here then just put it under other and please state which one it is.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
By the way it was $85 (and I'm cheap so you know it must be good). My hair is very silky with it and with my hair that is a feat to me. The first time I used it I shut myself in the bathroom with the shower on high with only hot water to see how the steam would affect it. When I came out my hair was still silky no frizz. I have the 1 inch flat iron. I can get to my roots pretty well with it. Also my hair stays straight for about 4 days when I use it. This is how the Solia works for me and hopefully for you to if you decide to buy it.

RubyWoo

Solia for me! I love it! It heats up quickly and the exterior plates don't get hot which is big plus for me. I have the 1" which I love because it's lightweight and I have so much control. You can even add a little curl/curve to your hair to it by positioning it a certain way. I haven't used it on my whole head yet. I do plan to use it next month for a special occasion. I've used it a few times on a section of my hair to monitor progress and also see how good this works. It gets the hair straight with one swipe at about 300 and it doesn't snag. I use Fanatasia IC Straightening serum as my heat protectant and my hair always comes out straight and shiny.

Angelicus

CHI hands down. After two hurricanes, and several moves, my first chi is still with me. I keep it in its packaging when I am not using it. It is my lifesaver. In fact... the CHI helped me get that style in my siggy. I just flat ironed my horrible hair and then put on small rollers all over.

CHI CHI CHI :weird:

STLCoverGirl

candibaby said:
Sedu is the best IMO. I've used a CHI before and it's good, but the Sedu is way better. It doesn't snag my hair, and it's ceramic, tourmaline, and titanium so I think that makes it better than the CHI also. As for hot tools, jilbere, gold n hot, and conair? I don't think they can even hold a candle to the Sedu. I don't know about the other one's though, I've never used them.

ITA Sedu is the truth!

Choklatekiss79

Based on the info I've gotten on LHCF and some research that I've done on the net, I think I'm going to go with the Sedu. I'm ordering it this weekend. :D (even though I won't be using it until 2008) :lol: It's on "sale." LOL

strawberry-jelly

I voted Solia, because it's the one I have the only one I've used and I am MORE than satisfied. I have really thick texturized hair with 5 months worth of newgrowth, and it gets my hair straight with no issues, and my hair has never reverted or frizzed. Plus it's a lil cheaper than the others!

Andreainnis

Wow this is terrible:( I think I'm going to have to buy the sedu and the fhi. I belive those two have solid ceramic/tourmaline plates, not just coated:look: How on earth are people figuring out which one to get:confused:

HoneyDew

My Pink Solia outshines my old favorite FHI. The "Automatic Sense" technology it has really does make it a better iron, IMO.

The Girl

I had origianlly voted Jilbere b/c it was better than teh other ones I have had. Then, I bought the Maxiglide and I am hooked. I gave the Jilbere away.:p

sareca

I originally voted Maxiglide, but mine sprung a leak (and steaming hot water runs down my arm everytime I use it). I'm going back to my electric pressing comb.

Everything Zen

Well I'm jumping on the FHI bandwagon after seeing their website.

http://www.fhiheat.com

click on the Technology link and they compare the CHI and T3 Tourmaline to their top of the line FHI Runway. Plus in "Ask Les" section there are video links to a lot of flat ironing tips. I think that CHI and T3 Tourmaline would have sued them for slander and product misrepresentation if it wasn't true.

It's interesting really. I was all about the Crown and Glory Technique several years bakc but then as I've become a member of LHCF I realized that I was coming at the whole approach half-cocked y'know? Like no matter if you only use heat once a week and wear my hair up a lot (like the Crown and Glory technique) why are you going to use a crappy gold and hot "ceramic" iron? Why are you not going to eat right and not take your vitamins regularly? Why are you wrap setting your hair with high manipulation and still pressing your roots??? :eek:

I'm realizing that it comes down to some very simple steps to even choosing a seamless comb and CO washes. Honestly the whole journey feels more relaxed now and this is something I know I can achieve. I've been stressing over my hair for the past few years after seeing the Crown and Glory site (mostly because my hair became very unhealthy due to physical stress from school).

I have gained so much in just one month of being on the LHCF boards that I am learning to sit back and enjoy my hair growth journey. I am excited for the ability to take control over my hair and not be at the mercy of a stylist.

LHCF Rocks!

Last edited:

meaganita

I went ahead and bought the FHI Platform model. Like the previous poster, I like the technology it uses. Seems like it does more to preserve/protect the health of the hair. Anyway, I won't be using mine until a couple of weeks from now when I take my braids down. But something tells me I won't be disappointed.:cool:

Last edited:

AudraChanell

Sorry I cannot contribute, but I am in the market for a new iron.
I currently use a 2-yr old Jilbere and it isn't doing the trick anymore.

SouthernTease

I have a CHI, but I don't think
it matters if you know what you're
doing... anything will do...
well, not anything but as long
as it's a quality one I think you'll be ok.

I didn't vote because I didn't want to skew
the results... I 've never used any of the
other ones.

Aura

I will NEVER part from my FHI tourmaline ceramic flat iron!!!! I paid, I believe $125 for it at Ulta and in my opinion it is worth every penny. FHI is temperature controlled which is great, I use it at 350 degrees, or less and I use either the silk elements heat protectant or Chi silk infusion. I prefer the silk elements because my hair is silkier, chi is a lil too heavy. I have the maxiglide as well, and have used it on a couple of occassions with not so great results. The maxiglide has teeth and no matter how gentle I am with it, it just pulls my hair out :nono:. My hair is too fine and course for it. But I HIGHLY recommend the FHI you will NOT be disappointed.

ryanshope

SEDU....
SEDU....
SEDU....
'

Pound for pound beats the FHI, CHI, Babybliss...all other flat irons can't compare! No snag, even heat, light, and the price is fair..GO GET A SEDU...IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!

jtsupanova

My pockets just can not get with these expensive flat irons. I used my friends T3 and it was the bomb but I also used my mothers Revlon and it was just as good. Long story short I will be purchasing the Revlon.

btw conair suc*s it won't even get my texturized hair really straight.

Last edited:

Prosperity711

My pockets just can not get with these expensive flat irons. I used my friends T3 and it was the bomb but I also used my mothers Revlon and it was just as good. Long story short I will be purchasing the Revlon.

btw conair suc*s it won't even get my texturized hair really straight.

Which Revlon? I was looking at some tonight at Walgreens, they were $25 and I thing $37, my coworker was in the mall and they curled her hair with a H2Pro it looked so good, she is from the Philippines. The H2Pro looks nice but I don't want to pay $150, i need a new flatiron so bad!