POLL: Which is the best Flat Iron in your opinion

Which is the best Flat Iron in your opinion?

• Total voters

beana

Sedu... im not really into flat ironing my hair, but after seeing what the sedu did for my lil sis' 4b hair, i KNEW it was a winner...

Kimiche

SEDU!!! I've tried the Chi, Solia and now the Sedu. I like the Sedu the best. No forget that, I love the Sedu. Those other two left my hair frizzy and dry. The Sedu makes my hair feel nice and silky when I finish flat ironing my hair. Just my experience. :grin:

DivaD04

ur welcome...when your hair burns it'll crinkle up or have a jagged ruff feel to your hair, when your hair is smooth and soft you're all good.

lilsparkle825

hmm...i bought a chi and returned it for a solia...after reading these posts i want a sedu now. my 3c hair should be ok with the solia but i'm wondering how it will work on my little sister's 4b hair...

...or perhaps i should try it before i make up my mind to return it :lachen:

CHEEKQUEEN

Ok I have tried and purchased the Sedu, and I just went to the salon yesterday and she used the FHI. I can't really decide which is the BEST because I didn't straighten my hair bone straight with my Sedu. Here is a before and after of the FHI on my hair. My hair is sleek, silky, and has lots of body!!!

Before:

After:

Leaning my head to the side. The hair just flows with the motion.

Ericka

Does the sedu give off that burnt smell??? I would really like to know since I'm in the market for a new flat iron.

Healthb4Length

Ok I have tried and purchased the Sedu, and I just went to the salon yesterday and she used the FHI. I can't really decide which is the BEST because I didn't straighten my hair bone straight with my Sedu. Here is a before and after of the FHI on my hair. My hair is sleek, silky, and has lots of body!!!

Before:

After:

Leaning my head to the side. The hair just flows with the motion.

This so pretty, the shine is gorgeous!

DivaD04

i'm going to get the miniglide this summer for my twa. i don't really like stang coiled up all the time. my hair is asking for a break and with a chi...u don't want to get too close to the scalp with that sucker nor your fingers b/c it will burn them.

Lovelylocs

I don't like the way that my kind of hair looks flat ironed. :( I haven't had my hair flat ironed in a while- just blowouts for me. :look: But, that T3 wet to dry iron does look tempting. :giggle:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
FHI!!!! :pepper: :pepper:

* How much you paid for it? 69 bucks from www.frizzy2silky.com (FREE shipping!)

* Results you get with it Soft, smooth, SWANGIN hair with ONE pass. One pass is all it takes on my relaxed hair and my dd's natural 4a hair and my hubbys natural 4b hair :yep:

* Size in Inches 1 inch

* What heat protectant/hair products do you use before you use it? The products vary, but I always use a spray leave-in and one or two serums (shine serum topped with a heat protecting serum). Green Grape Mist is my spray leave-in right now, I'm gonna use Taliah Waajid's Bodifying Mist next. CHI SI, FHI Hot Sauce, Fantasia IC Heat Protecting Serum and Fantasia IC Olive Oil serum are what I switch between lately.

naturalmanenyc

I get so-so results with the FHI Platform Special Edition model. I have only used it 3 times since December. I want to try the maxiglide since I am not too good at blow drying my hair straight first.

chebaby

i have the FHI heat technique or something like that and i love it. i only used it once but it took my all of 30 minutes to do my apl hair and its swanging like my sister's pregnant booty. its so soft and silky. i paid $102 and its worth it. i wanted the black and red one but they only had it in pink:perplexed.

chebaby

i think im going to trade in my FHI for another FHI (maybe the runway) or a Chi. my FHI doesnt have temp. settings and the second time i used it it didnt look as good as the first.

Geminigirl

* How much you paid for it? 130 something plus I had to drive about 1 1/2 out the way both ways

* Results you get with it: shiny smooth hair

* Size in Inches 1 1/2 they told it me it was a one inch but by the time I made it back home I realized it was bigger and just said bump it.

* What heat protectant/hair products do you use before you use it? I use Fantasia IC and turn up the heat flat iron prtectant.

Duff

I am after a really good flat iron and I realise that other members are too. So, I created this poll to find out which flat iron is the Number 1 favourite here at LHCF.

Please take a few moments to vote in this poll.
Thanks for your time.
I have no comment but your avatar makes me want a refreshment :lick::lick::lick::lick:

Lyoness

* How much you paid for it? £25

* Results you get with it: Dependant on the temperature 130oC (lowest) smoother hair without being TOO straight.. 180oC relaxer like straightness it goes up to 230oC but I wouldn't use it at that heat..

* Size in Inches 1

* What heat protectant/hair products do you use before you use it? VO5 Miracle mist

sillygirl82

Hi All,

I'm new here. I've been lurking for about 2 weeks.

I use a Maxiglide. Plate size is 2 inches. I paid $80 for it a few years ago. I use Sabino Moisture Block as my heat protectant. I usually get smooth hair from wash to wash.

However, I'm thinking about trying out the Solia.

PreciousPearl

I own a 1" FHI Ionic Professional. I love it.

Paid: $76.00 on ebay
Results - Silky straight even on new growth
Product used - Sabino Mositure Block and jane carter nourish & shine

C.Nicole

Delta Airlines recently shattered my CHI iron, among other things, during a recent business trip (oh yes, I was pissed) and I used the refund they gave me to buy a FHI platform. That was the best decision I have made in a while. I've only used it once (cuz I'm tryna lay off the heat) but I could immediately tell the difference. I wanna try the FHI hot sauce with it though, I'm still on Chi Silk Infusion..

Child0fGod

SOLIA TOURMALINE

for 2009

other,
SOLIA TOURMALINE!!

i'm ordering mine RIGHT NOW from folica.com. i'm getting the 1 1/4 inch solia tourmaline!!! soooo excited, i get the tourmaline and TWO free gifts (2-year warranty, heat pouch and a sedu styling pack with lots of goodies :D)-- freeee!! :):)

i've done a tonnnn of research and this flat iron seems to be best for my hair as mentioned in this thread:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=397104&highlight=solia+tourmaline

cannot wait to post before and after pics!!! :D:D:D