POLL: Which is the best Flat Iron in your opinion

Which is the best Flat Iron in your opinion?

• Total voters

BAILEYSCREAM

I am after a really good flat iron and I realise that other members are too. So, I created this poll to find out which flat iron is the Number 1 favourite here at LHCF.

Please take a few moments to vote in this poll.

Also, please list:

* How much you paid for it?

* Results you get with it

* Size in Inches

* What heat protectant/hair products do you use before you use it?

I have tried to list all the main brands, but if your brand is not listed here then just put it under other and please state which one it is.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

candibaby

Sedu is the best IMO. I've used a CHI before and it's good, but the Sedu is way better. It doesn't snag my hair, and it's ceramic, tourmaline, and titanium so I think that makes it better than the CHI also. As for hot tools, jilbere, gold n hot, and conair? I don't think they can even hold a candle to the Sedu. I don't know about the other one's though, I've never used them.

Thanks for posting this! I was searching for information on flat irons right before I saw this thread. I'm interesting in hearing what the ladies have to say. I plan to buy one this week.
The Gold n Hot flat iron
I used in my teens didn't do a thing for my 4 a/b new growth.
I wish I had known about quality hair tools back then.

BAILEYSCREAM

CandiceC said:
Thanks for posting this! I was searching for information on flat irons right before I saw this thread. I'm interesting in hearing what the ladies have to say. I plan to buy one this week.
The Gold n Hot flat iron
I used in my teens didn't do a thing for my 4 a/b new growth.
I wish I had known about quality hair tools back then.

You're welcome CandiceC :).
Just thought it would be easier to see which tool is the most popular on one thread. I also plan to buy one this week so I really look forward to the results too.

Shalilac

well here's my 2 cents... at the salon I worked in we used a CHI, but I hated it. It snagged my clients hair alot. So I'd just use a large barreled curly iron. The Hot Tools one is awesome for much less money. And if you can spare some cash, splurge on a T3 Tourmaline. They have one that you can use on wet hair and it is AMAZING! It cost $160 and is well worth it. I used it on my natural hair w/o blowdrying it first and my hair was stick straight! It actually took a few minutes after wetting it before it curled back up! Not damaging because it dries/straightens your hair in one sweep. You don't have to go over your hair 2 and 3 times before it's straight or dry enough.

Last edited:

DatJerseyDyme

I have a CHI and love it:

114.00 (including s&h)..I got it off ebay and they are cheaper now
I get smooth straight, smooth, silky hair!
It's 1 inch
I applied headress and airdried then used biosilk silk therapy on each section before flat ironing.

I was surprised because it DIDN'T snag my hair at all. I thought snags were just a part of flat ironing..but they really shouldn't be! :) I only had to go over each section once.

amy1234

My vote went to the CHI flat iron. It's the best to me and I have already tried flatirons/curling irons by conair, jilbere, babyliss and goldn'hot. I'd place the babyliss flat iron as 2nd to the CHI.
The chi iron is around $150-$180 price range
I have the 1"
and I use Paul mitchell products , the skinny serum as a heat protectant, and gloss drops after I'm done flat ironing. It adds an imense shine and eliminates any tangles.

LoriLOCX

FHI is what I've found as the best thus far. I've used curling/flat irons for over 25 years. I've had every single one out there. BTW, CHI was the first iron made by FHI. They sold the line to a Chinese manufacturer. They make a good copy, but it's not the original quality CHI anymore. I got that info directly from the VP of FHI.

Price Paid: $180.00
Size: 1 inch - offers the most versatility for styling
Thermal Styling Products: Keracare Silken Seal, BBD Silk Lotion, BBD Stretch Growth Creme, or Jane Carter's Nourish & Shine
Results Obtained: Gorgeous darlin'!!! Silky smooth curls, waves, flips, or directed hair.....anyway I want.

Here's some info on the one that I own:
==============================
FHI LIMITED EDITION IONIC IRON--
The finest money can buy. The only truly 100% ceramic ionic iron with the heater fused into the plate on the market. The most technologically advanced flat iron on the market today! Dry, damaged, and frizzy hair has a positive ionic charge. In order to balance that you need a negative ion ceramic plate to neutralize the charge in the hair and thus create smoother, shiner, and calmer hair. The key benefits of the Limited Edition are:
140 degree to 450 degree thermostat, the widest range in the industry (use with caution above 350 degrees!!
100% Solid Ceramic Plates with a lifetime warranty. The smoothest surface with which to work for the best results.
Automatic Sense Recovery System . Quickly Recovers Heat to ceramic plates - an exclusive to FHI. There is zero heat loss!!
Ultra fast heat up time 5-10 seconds to any temperature.
360 degree swivel cord connection to avoid tangling.
The plate is the heater. So technologically advanced that there are no hot spots, a perfectly even temperature surface to work with.
lightweight design .

YOU CAN ACTUALLY FLAT IRON YOUR HAIR FROM WET TO DRY!!!!!!
YOU WILL NEVER SMELL YOUR HAIR BURNING!!!!
I DIDN'T TEST THIS, BUT THEY SAID I COULD LEAVE THE IRON ON MY HAIR IN ONE SPOT FOR UP TO 3 MINUTES AND IT WILL NOT BURN MY HAIR!!!!
I USE VERY LOW HEAT, JUST TO DIRECT MY HAIR.

====================================================
What Major Magazines are saying about the FHI stying iron.
More and more, the FHI is being recognized as the industry standard in Styling Irons. Top professionals use them in the industry and major magazines are raving about them. "W" magazine says it is "a must have", while Self gives it an "A-", the highest rating ever for a styling iron. And why not? With this styling tool, you can throw away your blow dryer, curling iron, and flat iron, all in one.

Last edited:

TigerLily

I have a FHI Ionic and I really like it! I paid $115 for mine w/shipping. It's 1in. and I use Bioslik silk therapy.

BAILEYSCREAM

Wow Lorilocx your Iron sounds really good. Ok, now I know that I want a 1" Iron so that I can get to those roots easily. Yep, I definitely want a 1" Iron. I also like the fact it has a variable thermostat.

Thanks for the info.:)

cece22

I use the Gold 'n Hot 2 1/2 inch ceramic iron. And it works really well on my hair not sure about the others but this iron works for my naps. I was considering the FHI 2 inch but couldn't wait for shipping.

LoriLOCX

BAILEYSCREAM said:
Wow Lorilocx your Iron sounds really good. Ok, now I know that I want a 1" Iron so that I can get to those roots easily. Yep, I definitely want a 1" Iron. I also like the fact it has a variable thermostat.

Thanks for the info.:)

Hey BAILEYSCREAM!!!
You are so welcome. On occasion, I give my hair a special treat. I will use Paul Brown's Conditioner Cocktail and flat iron my hair from wet to dry. OMG!!!!! What a beautiful soft and silky feel, look and texture after I've done that!!!!

RabiaElaine

The Chi is definitely the best flat iron out there for me. And believe me, I've tried many. I've given all of the others away to friends/family since I got my CHI, even my $80 babybliss which I gave to my cousin. The CHI makes my coarse 4a/b hair even several weeks post relaxer look like I just got a relaxer. It's great when you don't want to deal with the new growth or have somewhere special to go when you are stretching.

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I voted for Maxiglide. I have owned a Jibere and Hot Tools and I gave them both away when I stopped using direct heat. I purchased the Maxiglide for $76.99 plus shipping. I LOVE it!!!!!!!!! It was the best investment I have made for my hair. I have used it 3 times since I purchased it in FEB. The results are always great. I use coconut oil and Ion Heat Protectant spray for outstanding shine.

Crysdon

I chose FHI

* How much you paid for it? $100

* Results you get with it Silky, shiny hair that repels humidity

* Size in Inches 1 inch

* What heat protectant/hair products do you use before you use it? NTM serum

Cincysweetie

I didn't vote in the poll b/c I haven't tried that many flat irons. Currently I have a FHI. I paid $86 + shipping and handling (so it was like $92) and it's one inch. It's decent, I just don't care much for flat ironing my hair anymore.

alibi

hair bored
The ADST EX is the best flat iron I've ever used, period! I tried the Hai and Chi when they first came out, but NOTHING has ever straightened my hair as well as this flat iron. It cost $350 :look: but it was well worth it b/c it comes with a lifetime warranty! I've already replaced mine twice in the past 3 years just to test them out. I used to use it during my transition, and it disguised my new growth for over 8 months! Every friend that I know who has a Chi has tried to steal my flat iron from me once I do their hair with it. The price is really high though, but the warranty justifies paying the extra cash. I think I actually talked the guy at the store down to $315 b/c my girlfriend and I both bought one. I use a dab of Kemi Oyl on my hair when flat ironing, and that's all. (See album pics at the beginning of my transition).

I know that most people aren't gonna spend that type of $$$ on a flat iron, and I can't blame them, but when purchasing an iron you should at least get one that has actual ceramic plates, and not just ceramic coated plates, b/c it does make a difference in how it straightens. One with real ceramic plates will probably run at least $125 or more, but they're a great investment b/c it's much healthier for your hair. ;) For more info on my iron, check out this link:

http://www.metrobeauty.com/showitem.cfm?catnum=10&parentcatnum=7&itemnum=975

hairmaster

You are so right, The original CHI is my favorate the newer one are good but have more buttons to controle the heat. The mini CHI is good for getting close and tight spots,and can curl short hair.

POLL?
PRICE: 100-80 AT HAIR SHOW.
RESULTS:Smooth shiny hair.
Size. 1.inch the original.
Products used. FAROUK SILK FILER & BIOSILK- SILK THERAPY to each section

sweetpeadst

MaxiGLide all the way baby just take a look at my pics from my 19 week post relaxer after braid trauma. It was my last resort and boy did it come through!
Call me the MAXIGLIDE Pusha!!!!!!!!

BAILEYSCREAM

sweetpeadst said:
MaxiGLide all the way baby just take a look at my pics from my 19 week post relaxer after braid trauma. It was my last resort and boy did it come through!
Call me the MAXIGLIDE Pusha!!!!!!!!

LOL.....I just saw your pics and your hair is looking good.:) I can't wait to get myself a flat iron too.:D Problem is there are so many to choose from:confused:

BTW what size is your flat iron? It looks like a 2" to me from the pictures.

sweetpeadst

I am not sure how big it is but I know that it is really good b/c of the pins that come your hair while you flat iron it. It comes with two plates it is marveolous darling. I recommend it highly!!!!!

ps and why ere you laughing at me:look:

BAILEYSCREAM

sweetpeadst said:
I am not sure how big it is but I know that it is really good b/c of the pins that come your hair while you flat iron it. It comes with two plates it is marveolous darling. I recommend it highly!!!!!

ps and why ere you laughing at me:look:

I'm not laughing at you young lady.:cool:

Actually I'm just happy because I'm gonna get my iron.......soon;)

Pins? What are the pins for? Trust me I know nothing about flat irons.

In order to get the names in the poll I had to research a few threads first. I'm even surprised some haven't received one singlew vote :scratchch (I'm guessing they are no good).

sweetpeadst

The pins help in combing out your hair while flat ironing. YOu still need to make it combable, but this way you can let it air dry and still get the same flatness!!!!:D It is cool that is the way I got my results!!!!!!!

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
cece22 said:
I use the Gold 'n Hot 2 1/2 inch ceramic iron. And it works really well on my hair not sure about the others but this iron works for my naps. I was considering the FHI 2 inch but couldn't wait for shipping.

Even though the PJ in me would LOVE to splurge on one of these fancy, ceramic irons, I purchased the Gold N Hot ceramic iron too and it worked great on my hair! It didn't snag anything, it was so hot I only had to go over my hair once. My only complaint is that there is no temp control dial. But I used Got2b creme straightener and serum for the process and my hair was fine.

BAILEYSCREAM

Browndilocks said:
Sedu is the absolute best. worth every penny.

Ok, please tell a little more about the Sedu. I have never heard of this iron before.

How much is it for example?

Thanks.

Stormy

Unio is good. Maxi Glide is better! DSD used Unio on my hair, and my hair was shiny, straight, and bouncy! The Maxi Glide is even better. :yep: