Votes: 25 6.8%
  • Puritan's Pride Extra Virgin

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • "Other Brand" Please list

Votes: 60 16.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aggie

I love and have used Jarrow Formulas and Spectrum and I really did love the Spectrum more. I do however want to try Nutiva because it got such great results on www.vitacost.com. I just might the 54oz jar to my order from them next time around.

2themax

Parachute is my No. 1 choice! I use Vatika also, but sporadically. I just loves me some Parachute!!! It makes my hair shine and doesn't leave it oily or greasy. My hair and scalp loves it/just eats it up.

baddison

natural for good
Yup...:yep:...me too. Ever since I discovered my local indian store, I have been using Vatika as my staple sealer. It has great ayurvedic herbs added to the coconut oil to make it a great product for my hair strands.

Cien

Pink is my signature color
I voted for Nutiva.

I LOVE Nutiva!!
I use it in my hair, smoothies, on my body--and I cook with it! (scrambled eggs). Good stuff!

I've also used Parachute. It's good also, but it smells 'too coconutty' for me....
I'll keep it on standby.

Aggie

I think i will be trying Nutiva and jarrow's brand as well just to see the difference between them and to give them all a fair try and this will allow me to give a better review of them.

suburbanbushbabe

this is the best coconut oil I've ever used. it tastes delicious too- I use in my oatmeal instead of butter. I think it has more coconut cream because it seems to have a higher liquification point. I bought EVCO from another vendor and regretted it. I've also used Nutiva and Spectrum - this is better.

DaPPeR

NIBERIANGIRL
Antillean Coconut Oil. 100 percent coconut oil and it smells oh so delicioso. Leaves my hair baby soft.

knt1229

I bought some Spring Valley Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil from Walmart in the vitamins section yesterday. I used some for the first time last night and I like it so far. It made my hair soft, moist, and not greasy. There is no smell. So far so good.

LovinLocks

I bought some Spring Valley Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil There is no smell. So far so good.

I like the smell. I had two of my varieties in the fridge to they were hard yesterday when I was ready to oil, massage and braid up for the evening so I grabbed some from the cabinet that I use for consumption (I did scoop it out with a spoon vs. using my fingers) and that brand even had the "meat", mmmm, smells so good. It is Artisana Raw Organic Coconut Butter "whole coconut flesh, not just oil!"

When my c.o. get liquified I usually put it in the fridge I kinda like using it when it is more creamy than totally liquid. Thing is, when I'm ready to use it I tend to forget to take it out to soften . :rolleyes:

prettyFine

I chose Nutiva because it's what I use most. I like it because it's the most inexpensive extra virgin coconut oil I know of at $4.99 for 15 oz. (at vitacost). I love vatika as well but it's more expensive per ounce because it has other nice ingredients in it.

$4.99? How did you do that? the one i have cost about 11 dollars. the larger one at walmart was even more at 20 dollars! nutiva is the only brand i've tried. its fine so far.

morehairplease

Antillean Coconut Oil. 100 percent coconut oil and it smells oh so delicioso. Leaves my hair baby soft.
Hi there,
Do you mind me asking where you purchased this from? I am on the last of the Nutiva coconut oil that I purchased from the vitamin shoppe and would love to give this brand a try.
tia,
tishee

Coffee

I like and use Acient and I like the one with perfume smell!! It makes your hair smell wonderful!!

DarkHair

I have the Spectrum brand. That jar lasts a long time...and DH has been using some. When he's running low, I use less than a tablespoon to fill his container up.

varaneka

I've only tried Global Goddess

I wish I'd heard of Tropical Traditions sooner

those pics of coconut oil make me drool inside lol

Vonnieluvs08

I've used Now, Nutiva, and the Whole foods Brand. I like the Now and WF Brand b/c they make my hair smell like coconuts and who doesn't really like the smell of coconuts. I use it to seal everyday and make a mix with an oil based leave in for when my hair is straightened.

I was thinking of getting some Vakita, but saw it had mineral oil in it. Is there a brand of Vakita that doesn't have that in it?

charmtreese

Today I bought the Nature's Way Organic Coconut Oil...It smells GRRRRRRRRRReat!!! I used it to seal my moisturizer tonight...hopefully I'll have smooth soft results in the morning.

Americka

I previously used Jarrow brand coconut oil and I currently use the Lou Ana brand. IMO, there is no difference between the two and since Lou Ana Foods is a local company (up I-49 in a city called Opelousas), I prefer the Lou Ana. I occasionally use it for HOTs, but I primarily use it on my skin. It makes my skin incredibly soft.

MizzBrit

im using tropical traditions..every time i open the jar, it smells just liked roasted coconuts!

BTW, there is no such thing as "extra virgin" coconut oil since the coconut company doesnt have a set regulation as to what is "Extra virgin" and what is "virgin". you could be buying Evco and it can actually be "virgin". you're basically paying extra cause its a marketing ploy to get more money out of you