Votes: 25 6.8%
  • Puritan's Pride Extra Virgin

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • "Other Brand" Please list

Votes: 60 16.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IndianAngel22

There are many different coconut oils out there, many of which were named on this forum, so to see the consensus of LHCF, every member who uses and loves coconut oil please vote on this poll. What's your favorite?

Parachute Brand
Spectrum Organic Unrefined
Vatika
Nutiva
Emerald Organic
Puritan's Pride Extra Virgin
"Other" Brand

Platinum

Emerald Organic looks like the one I got from GNC and that's my favorite but Parachute's okay.

BlkRushhin

My fave is the Whole Foods Brand 365 Organic Virgin Coconut Oil. Love it. It smells just like freshly sliced coconuts. I like the Spectrum brand also, but the Whole Foods brand won me over with the Malibu Rum reminder.:lick:

mrspgh95

I'm currently using Parachute..but I dont particularly love the smell. I would like to find one that smells a little better than that. However, other than the smell, I really like it.

manegoal

Jungle organic EVCO (from wholefoods)
Nutiva organic EVCO (from vitacost)
Rexall EVCO (from walmart when my funds are low)

*In that order*

trj1922

I'm a Vatika girl, but I loves me some Ramtirth too! Got to have my Ayurvedic herbs in the mix. :lick:

MrJohnsonsRib

Emerald Organic looks like the one I got from GNC and that's my favorite but Parachute's okay.

We have a GNC on base here. After realizing they sold ACV online I decided to see if they had it in the store... and they did and I then thought maybe I should go and see if they have anything ELSE I can come buy without ordering offline (shipping is ridiculous here) or going downtown to buy"... and what do ya know they had that Emerald Coconut Oil,I wasn't sure if it was the kind for hair considering the label says to ingest it. So I asked the clerk. She said a client of hers puts it in her hair. I know what I will be buying on payday :yep: Paydays are so inspiring....ahh. Gonna put that on my list next to MegaTek and ACV

naturalgurl

I chose Nutiva because it's what I use most. I like it because it's the most inexpensive extra virgin coconut oil I know of at $4.99 for 15 oz. (at vitacost). I love vatika as well but it's more expensive per ounce because it has other nice ingredients in it.

Casarela

Do you really think the brands makes a difference in the quality? I bought a jar a while ago and I hate the smell of it and its a nono for my hair. I wanted to give another brand a try but not really sure about it.

naturalgurl

Do you really think the brands makes a difference in the quality? I bought a jar a while ago and I hate the smell of it and its a nono for my hair. I wanted to give another brand a try but not really sure about it.

Was it extra virgin? That's the ONLY difference I see in coconut oil. Refined and unrefined coconut oil is NOT the same as extra virgin so be careful. If it says extra virgin then you're ok.

ETA~ If it's not extra virgin then that means there are other impurities in it. Pure is not the same as extra virgin either. Like pure water(tap water for instance) is not the same as distilled. You get what I mean?

Angelicus

I really like Parachute Coconut Oil. I just bought it today and it smells like toasted coconut. There are even little pieces of coconut in it. I know it's not the purest thing in the world but that doesn't matter to me. I also like Vatika oil. I personally buy what is cheaper.

I just wanted to chime in and say that "Extra Virgin Coconut Oil" is a marketing ploy to get you to buy their product. The purest form of Coconut oil is considered "Virgin Coconut Oil." The term "Extra Virgin" is only supposed to be used for olive oil.

naturalgurl

I really like Parachute Coconut Oil. I just bought it today and it smells like toasted coconut. There are even little pieces of coconut in it. I know it's not the purest thing in the world but that doesn't matter to me. I also like Vatika oil. I personally buy what is cheaper.

I just wanted to chime in and say that "Extra Virgin Coconut Oil" is a marketing ploy to get you to buy their product. The purest form of Coconut oil is considered "Virgin Coconut Oil." The term "Extra Virgin" is only supposed to be used for olive oil.

I've heard this too. It may be true, as long as I see virgin, I'm all in...

ETA~ Oils that are not virgin leave stuff my hair can't absorb which clogs the pores. Coming from major hair sheddage, I'm kind of anal on what I put in my hair or on my scalp. This is just ME and my opinion though...

Last edited:

IndianAngel22

What is it about Vatika that people like so much? Does it even smell that great? can you add oils to it? Is it solid at a certain temperature or does it stay liquid. Does it "nourish" like other coconut oils?

Mz DEE DEE

What is it about Vatika that people like so much? Does it even smell that great? can you add oils to it? Is it solid at a certain temperature or does it stay liquid. Does it "nourish" like other coconut oils?

Vatika doesn't have a great smell, doesn't really smell much like anything in my opinion. Its solid when the temperature drops below room just like all other coconut oils. I like it, its pretty much the same as the other ones ive tried...i add a bit of pepermint to it sometimes. It has henna in it maybe thats why people like it alot. IDK. :perplexed

camilla

I LOVEDSPECTRUM ... BUT THAT IS THE ONLY ONE I TRIED AND AT 8.99 I WILL NOT REPURCHASE AS LONG AS IT IS VIRGIN COCONUT OIL I DO NOT CARE WHAT BRAND:grin:

chebaby

i love emerald. i use to use spectrum and thought that was good but emerald is so much better. it smells exactly like coconuts, and the texture is extra silky. i love it.

discobiscuits

currently i use Jarrow. i don't care about brand. i only care about the scent (i don't want any), the price, and how it is processed (unrefined or solvent-free processing).

when this jar is gone, i plan on jumping the coconut oil ship and just doing sweet almond oil.

HarlemHottie

I LOVEDSPECTRUM ... BUT THAT IS THE ONLY ONE I TRIED AND AT 8.99 I WILL NOT REPURCHASE AS LONG AS IT IS VIRGIN COCONUT OIL I DO NOT CARE WHAT BRAND:grin:

wow $8.99...

I'll stick with my $3.99 coconut oil, plus I love the smell... It smells like it taste really good... lol :lick:

Last edited:

ART11

I use Tropical Traditions. It is very fresh and smells good. Had not heard of the others.

chebaby

i have been using coconut oil everyday for the past 2 weeks. coconut oil at night and vatika frosting during the day. when i step outside my hair instantly gets hard but when i go inside its soooooooooooo soft and shiny. love it.