My ode to COCONUT OIL..... :-)

Let me start by saying that I know that there are other threads on LHCF re: coconut oil but with the way that I'm feeling, I had to start my own thread! :lachen:

I'm so in love with coconut oil!!!! I added it to my reggie about 2mths ago and my hair is off da' hook!!! :yep:

I can't believe all of the benefits that my hair is experiencing from coconut oil! It's even softer and managable, it's more moisturized, the new growth and ends are GREAT, it's got a serious sheen/luster, and it smells really good....:yep:

I don't know why I waited so long to use the stuff! :wallbash: I've been using the Spectrum brand of unrefined, virgin coconut oil and I think that I'll continue using it FOREVER!!!!! I've even been cooking with it now because I learned that coconut oil is the only oil that when heated, does not denature (like heated olive oil).

Coconut oil is my new staple.....:love:

FebeeSigns

SAME here. Along with jojoba it closely resembles the sebum our skin and scalp naturally produce, not to mention coconut oil can actually penetrate the hair shaft while a lot of other oils just sit on top and chill. EATING, COOKING, HAIR SEALING, SKIN MOISTURIZING, I FRIGGIN LOVE COCONUT OIL!

MaintaintheSexy

I resumed using coconut oil this past weekend and my hair is sooooooooo soft now. It was NEVER like this before. My hair is natural and it tends to be very dry. I did a hot oil treatment with it for an hour and after I moisturized with my S Curl, I sealed with the coconut oil and the results are great! I love this forum so much! Sorry, I don't have pics. Im not good with taking pics of my hair, Im learning. :)

kizzylonghair

Been using coconut oil along with a little Olive & Castor.
My hair has never felt so moisturised and shiny ever, no creamy moisturiser has come close :grin:
And I love the fact that it doesnt wear my hair down either :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I used to love coconut oil until it made me mad by making my wash n' go's crunchy. Other oils don't do that. I'm mad because i never had a problem with it using it any other way (other than wng's) so I love it for everything else.

It's great to deep condition with too since it penetrates the hair strand.

Misshairdiva

Coconut oil with shea butter is one of my main summertime staples for my wash n go's!
I too like to cook with it! Try frying up some fish in coconut oil!