THE BEST COCONUT OIL....PURE, EXTRA VIRGIN, ORGANIC ETC.

PinkAngel

I know there is a thread on coconut oils already, but I'm wondering what is the best brand of coconut oil there is. Should it be pure, extra virgin, organic etc.
I just need to be clear on if it makes a big difference or not.

I've tried a few Walmarts in my area for the Lou Ana with no success. I've been looking at ordering the Danbur Anmol, the Nirav or the Parachute if I can't find the Lou Ana. TIA:)

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
I personally wouldnt use the lou ana...thats a refined cooking oil. It has no smell, and chemicals are used to refine it. Its bleached and deodorized, and I dont think you would get the benefits from it that you would get from an unrefined oil. Some ladies are using it tho and liking the results so it may work for you.

I think the best value will be the Virgin Oil de Coco-Crème, I think I got it from fromnaturewithlove.com.

There are all kinds out there. If you are also going to take it as a supplement you can try tropicaltraditions.com or http://www.coconutoil-online.com/
I have ordered from both places. These will be a lil more expensive.

If you just want to use it for your hair the parachute will work, but it smelled like burnt coconuts to me. You can also just pick of a five dollar jar of the spectrum brand. I have even found that at my local krogers and most health food stores carry it too. I have heard good things about Monoi de Tahiti but I have never tried it.

If you google "coconut oil" and "coconut oil" hair you will find lots of sites and comparisons.

ximenia

I agree. Organic virgin coconut oil is the best for hair. Spectrum's can be found at most health food stores and although it's organic, it isn't virgin. For the real deal, order from www.fromnaturewithlove.com.

chocolat79

I love the coconut oil from www.fromnaturewithlove.com. However, I just checked on the website, and they're out of stock right now. But try www.camdengrey.com. I think they're coconut oil is just as good. It's virgin organic as well and it's cheaper. HTH

oglorious1

Mixologist
Msshic I see you live in Southern California, you can go to Little India for your coconut oil and Indian stuff..

Jewell

Dabur Vatika Oil (made w/pure coconut oil, amla, henna, etc) is outstanding on my hair. It makes it shine like the sun and it makes it very soft. Dabur also sells pure coconut oil. I'm not sure if they have an area to order on this site, but you might find out more info about these Indian products at www.dabur.com.

LaNecia

msshic said:
I know there is a thread on coconut oils already, but I'm wondering what is the best brand of coconut oil there is. Should it be pure, extra virgin, organic etc.
I just need to be clear on if it makes a big difference or not.

I've tried a few Walmarts in my area for the Lou Ana with no success. I've been looking at ordering the Danbur Anmol, the Nirav or the Parachute if I can't find the Lou Ana. TIA:)

I bought the Parachute Brand yesterday from an Indian store here in San Diego. The size is 912 grams for $9.99, they do have other sizes but I purchased the largest because I use it for my hair AND protein shakes.

India Food and Grocery
9474 Black Mountain Road
San Diego, CA
Phone: 858-271-7976

Hrs: 11:30 am - 11:30 pm

If it's not convenient for you to come down here, I'm often in Vista and can bring some up that way...in fact, I'll be in Escondido either tonight or tomorrow over at the Wild Animal Park.

Oglorious1: Where and what is Little India? :lick:

oglorious1

Mixologist
VWVixxen said:
I

Oglorious1: Where and what is Little India? :lick:

Little India is located in Artesia, California...it's 15 minutes east of downtown LA and 20 minutes north of the OC..it's off the 91 freeway, if you want or need anything Indian, food clothes products, hair stuff..you go there, you just have to wander from store to store..which is fun to find it..that's where I got my Himani gold from, and for a few people on the board..plus everything there is so dirt cheap, than buying on the internet, I just make a 15 minute drive and it's mine..

LaNecia

oglorious1 said:
Little India is located in Artesia, California...it's 15 minutes east of downtown LA and 20 minutes north of the OC..it's off the 91 freeway, if you want or need anything Indian, food clothes products, hair stuff..you go there, you just have to wander from store to store..which is fun to find it..that's where I got my Himani gold from, and for a few people on the board..plus everything there is so dirt cheap, than buying on the internet, I just make a 15 minute drive and it's mine..

That's so awesome! My mom and I were talking today about taking a road trip...guess what I'm doing next weekend? Thanks so much for posting!! :kiss:

PinkAngel

Thanks Ladies for all your comments and replies.

VWVixxen,

Can you do me a favor and take a look at the back of your Parachute Coconut Oil bottle and tell me if it also has mineral oil it, or if it's pure coconut oil. The website says pure coconut oil as the only ingredient, but someone else posted that it has mineral oil in it as well. TIA:)

LaNecia

I quadruple checked it before I bought it, it is 100% PURE COCONUT OIL, NO MINERAL OIL, FLAVORINGS OR ANYTHING ADDED.

carameldiva

i get 76 degree fractionated coconut oil frow www.thechemistrystore.com I love it- it is solid but melts and 76 degrees- you can just heat it up when u want to use it and if not it remains solid. But it is very good and i plan to continue using it.