Votes: 25 6.8%
  • Puritan's Pride Extra Virgin

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • "Other Brand" Please list

Votes: 60 16.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lamaria211

I've been doing a lot of research regarding the best brands of coconut oil and what I've learned so far is that you don't want coconut oil that comes in plastic jars especially black containers. And you don't want coconut made from mass production companies like spectrum

Spiffy

I've been doing a lot of research regarding the best brands of coconut oil and what I've learned so far is that you don't want coconut oil that comes in plastic jars especially black containers. And you don't want coconut made from mass production companies like spectrum

Can you expand on this? Why is that?

IronButterfly

The Nutiva brand comes in plastic and is highly recommended. I often buy this brand for cooking.

I prefer Henna Sooq's Cocoveda coconut oil for my hair, but it's pricey. Nutiva will do in a pinch!

Tropical Traditions is also a good one, but I can only get it on line.

Last edited:

leiah

Here's one of the articles I read
http://evolvingwellness.com/posts/2275/how-to-choose-a-coconut-oil-comparing-best-and-worst-brands/
Hope it helps. Also I've chosen to go with Wilderness Family brand coconut oil!

It only says that it should come in glass jars and that the author prefers glass over plastic. doesn't give any reasons.

parachute is my favorite coconut oil. comes in a plastic bottle and not virgin super high quality stuff but I think it's fantastic.

southerncitygirl

i like nutiva and want to try tropical traditions, there's another brand that is raw that i have in my cabinet at home thats nice but i'm at my parents house in virginia. nutiva also makes a decent hempseed oil/ protein powder or i use the mantitoba harvest brand.

lamaria211

I don't like anything I'm going to eat in plastic and I do use my coconut oil for cooking. But I did enjoy the nutivia when I used it, I just wish it was bpa free. Ill stick to glass jars they're not hard to find for me.

lamaria211

So after a ton of reading I'm going to buy either the wilderness family or the dr bronners ( ive tried and really like this one) or the maison ophee brand