• Sauve

Votes: 56 22.7%
  • VO5

Votes: 40 16.2%
  • Aussie Moist

Votes: 151 61.1%

• Total voters

Niapb

Which conditioner do YOU like best for your hairtype and why? I want to buy one of these but I've been a PJ lately so I'm doing ALL my research before I go out and pick one! I want to use these for cowashing and I have 4a type hair.

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
I never really used Suave so I cant comment on that one. VO5 I will cowash with in the beginning of my stretch since it a little watery but Aussie is thicker so that be my baby's daddy right there.

Oh and I dont know my hair type.

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
My hair type is 4B. I like Aussie Moist best.

Aussie Moist = #1 (thick, creamy; leaves hair..well...MOIST, lol)
Suave Naturals = #2 (thin, runny/watery; leaves my hair feeling crispy)
V05 = #3 (thin, runny/watery; leaves hair crispy; this stuff ain't nothin' but "thick water")

Last edited:

LaFemmeNaturelle

I absolutely HATE Aussie and I wish I would stop seeing those stupid bottles all over the place. I LOVE suave coconut and the moisturizing vo5 conditioners. My hair type is 4a, both my relaxed hair and my natural hair likes these conditioners. My strands are not fine or thick....in between I guess.

Aireen

AUSSIE MOIST: I love Aussie, it leaves my hair soft and manageable, I can comb my hair easily when wet and any tangles are easy to work through. Even when my hair has new growth, it helps a lot to make the tangling that can occur during this time easier to handle; I've found a better conditioner for detangling my hair with new growth though but Aussie is still a staple. It's heavy and thick and my hair feels like butter when I'm rinsing it out. It CAN have the tendency to be oily though if your hair is naturally oily or you use a lot of product.

VO5: I like VO5 products and almost anything made by Alberto Culver but I haven't tried the Moisture Milks line which is the one I'm assuming you're referring to. I do know it's runny though and people use it for cowashes and like it a lot. I notice more people use VO5 than Suave for this purpose, not sure if it's because it's better, cheaper, or more available though.

SUAVE: A lot of people tend to use Suave conditioners for co-washes, they're runny. I used Suave once in the past and it made my hair come out straight AT THE TIME when air-drying made my hair poofy. Although, my hair wasn't easy to comb through and my hair was left broken... :perplexed I was a pre-teen at the time so this information concerning Suave isn't recent. I also wasn't well-acquainted with my hair's needs and specific rules in terms of care.

Overall I suggest the Aussie Moist, it gives nice slip and it actually makes my hair feel like the title suggests for at least 5 days. If co-washing is your thing and you want something quicker to apply to the hair try Suave and VO5 but if you don't mind a product with more viscosity I believe that Aussie Moist will be more satisfying than the other two. Everyone's hair is different though but I'm just saying that I would suggest Aussie over the other two.

Last edited:

motherpopcorn562

I like suave coconut condish for my 4a/4b some 3/c hair type. It has lactic acid as about the third ingredident- maybe that is why it leaves my hair so smooth. It is also around 1 dollar:grin:

NaturalBoss

Out of the 3 I think Aussie is by far the best. I used it for co-washes for a long time and the only reason I stopped was because I got tired of the smell. I tried V05 and Suave and I don't like them at all. They seem too watered down and my hair didn't really feel moisturized after using them. I don't know what my hair type is, but it's really thick.

Side Note: I still keep a bottle of Suave Coconut around because it's excellent for shaving :yep:

Aireen

Out of the 3 I think Aussie is by far the best. I used it for co-washes for a long time and the only reason I stopped was because I got tired of the smell. I tried V05 and Suave and I don't like them at all. They seem too watered down and my hair didn't really feel moisturized after using them. I don't know what my hair type is, but it's really thick.

Side Note: I still keep a bottle of Suave Coconut around because it's excellent for shaving :yep:

UGH YES! :lol: I thought I was the only one, I have a big liter bottle that I intend to use but I'm really SICK of smelling it... :perplexed

OP don't get me wrong, it smells good but after consistent use like me you get tired of the smell and want to use something else. Even now I just use equal or slightly better conditioners over this one solely because of smell. I bought the bottles consecutively at one time because I loved it, so after I was done one I would just buy more and well... now I'm sick of the smell. :perplexed :look:

ezina

Aussie Moist FTW! The other two are too watered down and do little, if any, conditioning.

davisbr88

That's such a toughie because I love Aussie Moist, Suave Almond & Shea, and V05!
I definitely use V05 more regularly because it gets the job done (my hair feels instantly soft and moisturized after using it so it definitely does condition MY hair) and is the cheapest and you can find it anywhere (went to the Bahamas and the hotel gift shop was fully stocked with V05). I actually like the runny texture especially when cowashing ayurvedic treatments out. I think it makes it easy to make sure every strand is covered and gets the powders out. Aussie Moist and Suave Almond & Shea are similar in texture to me. They're both very rich and creamy and I use those more as a condition AFTER a real wash, if that makes sense. So, V05 for co-wash & condition; Aussie or Suave after a shampoo wash.
I'm a 3c/4a. This would have probably been better as a poll. I'm not sure if you can add one at this point but people who don't feel like explaining could just vote and you could get an idea of what most people use.

Last edited:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Aussie moist. I specifically like the 3 min miracle. Like others have said the biggest issue is the smell. It gets annoying because it lingers.it not unplesant but its not something i want to smell all of the time. I like it best because it has multi uses.i use it for conditioning and styling. It reminds me of a creamy gel. It is also moisturizing and the feeling lasts even after the hair dries.

Suave is just pure garbage to me. NOTHING from their line has ever worked even with their new formullations.i like the scents though.

I only like one vo5. The passion fruit one.the smell is the only one that i can stand. I only liked it when i wanted a wng to dry quickly but after a while it left my hair crispy feeling. I do not use anymore but if i was in a pinch i would use this with no issue.

nymane

I'm coarse 4b/a relaxed...I use all three:

Suave Naturals Fresh Mountain Strawberry (Tropical Coconut is a back-up) for pre-poos...it makes my hair and new growth SUPER soft :lick:

V05 Strawberry Moisture Milks for co-washing after I pre-poo....Love it :yep:

Aussie Moist (the reg. condish) only for rinsing out/co-washing Henna and Hard Protein Treatments ....it's nice and thick.

Vashti

I use Suave Naturals coconut conditioner for co-washing. I like it for that and I also use it to make my own moisturizing spray but I would never use it for deep conditioning. Not thick enough.

I don't have any experience with V05 or Aussie.

destine2grow

I have never tried Sauve! I love V05 passion fruit and it gets my hair soft and moisturize! It is watery but its easy to spread through out your hair. Its also cheap! I did try Aussie 3 min and hated it! I threw it in the trash!

SimplyBlessed

Suave almond n shea butter is nice and the coconut one is too

Aussie moist is pretty good...I'm not loyal to it and I like good smelling conditioners...

Vo5 is good but its super thin

I like thick conditioners

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Long Hair Care Forum App

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

Which conditioner do YOU like best for your hairtype and why? I want to buy one of these but I've been a PJ lately so I'm doing ALL my research before I go out and pick one! I want to use these for cowashing and I have 4a type hair.

i'm 4a and suave almond & shea hands down

i returned aussie

kim

Suave- the majority of their conditioners are wonderful!!! Aussie- my hair hates it(relaxed and natural). Plus the smell is just too much.

DarkAngell

Texlaxed, SUPER thick 3Cish hair.

pretty much agree with evallusion.

Aussie was best for me because it was so thick. Makes detangling much easier and my hair stays moisturized.

Vo5 as i mentioned in another recent thread left my hair like hay for several weeks.

Suave humectant was pretty good. Also pretty thick. Just not quite as thick as aussie moist and because of that I just go through it too quick. I'd still use it with no problem if that's all i had around. If only Vo5 was around, my hair would have to stay unwashed.

iri9109

aussie moist hands down...i used to like suave and vo5, but i tried to revisit them a few months ago and was like "what is this watery mess?"...they definitely dont have the thickness and slip and moisture that aussie moist does...i think after i finish this bottle of tressemme naturals, i'm going to go back to aussie moist because i havent used it in a while...i only buy the big pump bottles from target...i love it...the aussie moist 3 minute miracle is also a good DC (i use it for longer than 3 minutes though), but last time i was in target i only saw the sydney smooth 3 min miracle which i'd never seen before, so i hope it wasnt replaced...i like suave almond & shea, but the suave naturals (coconut, green apple etc) that are like $1 i hate now...suave humectant i absolutely hated...worse product i've ever used.

Last edited:
3c/4a Transitioner

Aussie: Never used

Suave: I absolutely love the Almond and Shea Butter conditioner. I use it for my once to twice a week cowashes. It provides great slip and detangling is a cinch. My hair's quite soft afterwards.

Vo5: At the beginning of my HHJ, I was on a big Vo5 kick. However, as I continued progressing through my HHJ, I noticed that other conditioners, Suave and Herbal Essences' Hello Hydration work much better for my hair. To me, Vo5 is too watery. Yet, I do use it to rinse out my monthly henna treatment.

NicBenny

I've tried Aussie Moist conditioner and it worked fine with my hair, I'm a 3c. I used it a while ago, so I don't have too much to say about it as I don't think it did anything impressive. I still have a full bottle on my shelf.

I also like VO5 Moisture Milks Moisturizing Conditioner Strawberries & Cream with soy milk proteins ... that's the only VO5 product I really like. It's not that watery to me and I didn't need to use that much and it gives good slip (I used it tonight). It's smells really good. I'm truly impressed because it only cost $1 and it gives me a just a good a slip as my $6 conditioners.

Suave, never used.

I say try VO5 since it's so cheap. If you don't like it, you only wasted $1 (same for Suave).

chelseatiara

I LOVED the old aussie 3 min leave in (white bottle purple top) but hated the new one with reverse colors..its the only thing i tried the rest of the line looks a bit out of my price range *college student here*

I used to love vo5 moisture milks but they are a little too thin for my cowashes....not a bad conditioner just need more for my buck...

I love Suave shea/almond+rosemary mint for value and price!

Whimsy

I can't vote.
I love V05 conditioners for a killer co-wash
I love aussie moist as well...

sistatv

I just started using the aussie moist and the 3 minute miracle and babyyyy I am in LOVE...:weird: My hair has a tendency to be dry:perplexed but this aussie moist give me good slip for detangling and leaves my hair feeling well... moist...:yep: I leave the 3 min in my hair forever though and then rinse and cowash with the moist as well... I'm sticking with this line for a while to see how it works out. I even bought the shampoo to use on the rare occassion I shampoo. It left my hair feeling nice as well!

I also have been pleased with the V05 Moisture Milks in Passion fruit(or is it peach?) and Strawberry.

My hair is 4a/4b and my kids are 3b/3c and the aussie moist is working fantastically for all off us...

Last edited:

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
Aussie Moist hands down. Love the thickness. When I get through all my conditioners, this will be the only one I'll be purchasing for cowashing/dc.

Ms. Martina

Here's how the products worked on my extra thicke/long/wiry/frizzy/type 3 and 4 hair. I currently have like 8 months of new growth here too...lol.

Aussie Moist: This stuff must be made by a group of angels because it is HEAVENLY! I mean, it is thick, smells addicting, and leaves my transitioning hair so detangled that I can just comb straight through it once while it's wet.It literally melts my new growth like butter. I honestly think the 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner and 3 minute miracle DC have made my transition easy.

Suave: This stuff is horribly thin, runny, and just doesn't do the trick.

V05: Never tried this...

baglady215

I love VO5 Kiwi-Lime as a clarifying conditioner.

Recently tried Aussie Moist for cowashing... it was ok, but I had to follow up with something more moisturizing.

I have Suave Shea Almond but I haven't tried it yet.

DrC

I'm going to go to the store today and will buy the aussie moist.

Last edited: