Vo5 or Suave conditioner as daily moisturizer?

natstar

Quick question for you guys- I have a bunch of Vo5 and suave conditioners around that I don't use that often but I would like to start using. Does anyone use the cheap conditioners as moisturizers for their ends? Are there any problems with this? I am currently wearing twists and I would like to apply a small amt to my ends ( and some strands) just to keep my hair soft and offer frangrance. This would be done every couple of days or so. Has anyone applied conditioner like suave and Vo5 daily to dry hair? Were there any problems..benefits? TIA

Thanks-

LocksOfLuV

I do I do! I use Suave and V05. My fav Suave ones are Suave Citrus Smoothie and V05 Strawberries and cream. They make the PURRRFECT moisturizers for me. They leave my hair soft, smelling good, and they do not weight me down. I even used it on my flat ironed hair and got excellent results. As long as these are around I will never buy a moisturizer again.

I use them twice a day.:D

santia

I did when I had my twists. It was a mixture of distilled water, a little bit of evoo or peppermint oil and some V05 or Suave in a spray bottle. Not too much of the oil or conditioner though.

are there specific ones that you all use as a daily moisturizer or can I pretty much use any one of them??? I wanna try using the toasted vanilla and sugar...but I'm not sure if it has to much protein for my hair :confused:

mahoganee

santia said:
I did when I had my twists. It was a mixture of distilled water, a little bit of evoo or peppermint oil and some V05 or Suave in a spray bottle. Not too much of the oil or conditioner though.
This is what I do also. In the summer sometimes I add a little honey to it too.

KiSseS03

I co-wash pretty much daily with Suave conditioners and when I rinse I leave a little bit in as my leave-in and my hair is doing great.

jtsupanova

I do I use it in my "miracle mix"

Infusiom 23
Suave milk and Honey
Glycerine
JML Island oil
Rosemary Peppermint and Sage EO's
Boiled water (to lazy to buy distilled)

This is a wonderful moisturizer, it get rid of the icthes, it strengthens...its great I heart this stuff:)

navsegda

I have the V05 Strawberries & Cream and I was looking at one of the Suave conditioners. When I first got the V05, I put a lot on my dry hair when I was pre-pooing and it made it hard, so then I only started using it on wet hair (with great results). However, I realize it's because of the amount I used since I was saturating my hair with it. But based on the positive reviews in this thread, I decided to give the V05 another try on dry hair. I squeezed a little into my hands and worked it through my hair with GREAT results. My hair is very soft and moisturized and I have something that smells good to combat the smell of the Vatika hehe.

Sweet_Ambrosia

Lately I have been.
I mix a bit of V05 conditioner (they all work well with my hair), water, a little bit of coconut oil, castor oil and africa's best ultimate herbal oil into a spray bottle. This great moisture mix makes my hair extra soft and moisturized, it works just as well as my beloved S-Curl. I may ditch the S-Curl sooner or later! :) :grin: :p

HERicane10

I sure TRY to!:lol: I'm a wee-bit heavy-handed and need to balance it out a little better.:look: But I sure do love that soft, "gray":ohwell: hair I often end up with!:lol:

God's Anointed

I use Suave coconut on the ends when i do my nightly baggie and in the morning, my ends feel so soft. I may have to just use regular conditioner as my daily moisturizer sooner or later!

prospurr4

I use VO5 Moisture Milks Strawberries & Cream as an ingredient in my homemade daily moisturizer:

1 part VO5
1 part EVOO
2 parts water

Pour into a spray bottle, and shake well before applying to hair.

Amour

naturallylovely said:
are there specific ones that you all use as a daily moisturizer or can I pretty much use any one of them??? I wanna try using the toasted vanilla and sugar...but I'm not sure if it has to much protein for my hair :confused:

thats a conditioner? it sounds good enough to eat lol

eta: got me thinking about hagen daaz... think i'l buy me a tub later (o/t I know sorry just hungary :look: )