Skala Hair Products.

Mz.MoMo5235

mind you i only tried the shea butter one so far. BUT I USED A LOT! i swear i went through almost half the bottle or close to it. no matter how much i piled on i didnt get any more slip. it was like every time i ran my fingers through my hair it knotted up even more. it was horrible. i dunno. goes to show what works for some doesnt work for everyone!!!!

Victorian

old head
Well...that was a whole lot of bus-riding to come home with no Skala :(
I can't believe I was that deep into Hermosa and couldn't score some Brazilian conditioner. There were some suspicious-looking empty spots on the shelf, though...:lol:

I was going to call ahead, but decided I wanted to go to BL anyway since I never go there. Plus it's beautiful outside and it would be a nice adventure. So no Skala, but I didn't come home empty-handed: I got some of the Freeman Sea Kelp moisture conditioner, some aspirin, 2 boxes of Knott's Berry Farm shortbread cookies (I LOOOOOVE these cookies! I was so excited when I saw them for $1.80 a box. I got one apricot and one boysenberry), and a $3 DVD: Jane Austen's Persuasion (The BBC movie with Amanda Root, for those who know and love BBC adaptations :grin:).

I've called one latin grocery to see if they had any Skala, but they didn't. I know with all these little latin stores, SOMEBODY in Chicago has got to have some Skala. I'm on the hunt...

Muse

so.... i used my skala yall.... and i must say

bum-bum-BUUUUUMMMMMMMM!!!!

i'm not impressed lol the masque i guess was so-so. i mean for $1 i guess it could have sucked fat monkey balls, but it didnt so i plan to reuse it til done. i did mix it with evco. it was way thinner than i expected. by the way i used the aloe vera one.

then i washed my hair with my normal poo and then went to use the cond (shea butter) AND OMG THIS SUCKED FAT HAIR MONKEY BALLS!!!! what's going on yall?!?!? the cond was thin and runny compared to what i'm used to using and it didnt have a fond smell to it (not nasty, just not yummy). AND THERE WAS ZERO SLIP!!! i almost started to cry because i lost so much freakin hair!!! i havent lost that much hair since my relaxed days yall, i almost panicked. when i 1st started to have problems i should have rinsed this stuff out and started over with my usual cond. mind you, i finger comb yall and it was a disaster!!!.

once i got out and towel dried, sprayed on my home made juice and then finished detangling since i didnt do that good of a job in the shower since i was losing so much hair. i then used the cond as a leave in. i'm letting my hair air dry and i'm hoping that i will be able to at least use this stuff as a leave in cause i will never use it in my wash routine again. if i can at least use it as a leave in then i can get my $1 worth lmao.

if once my hair air dries, it feels like boo-boo, i'm starting over with my usual stuff and donating my stash to my cousin.

this is a bandwagon i should have let pass me lmao but for $1 i couldnt resist!

Wow I'm really sorry to hear this! All of Skala cons give great slip for me. I thought you were gonna say you had a problem with the moisture or softness but I thought for sure you'd get the slip. Oh well like the old LHCF cliche goes: everything ain't for everyone.

Muse

OMG MoMo I'm scared to try mine now!!! I need all the slip I can get with my new growth!

This is the first time I've heard anybody have this reaction, they at least get the slip. Maybe you could try a test section in the back of your hair to see if it gives the slip you need. The G3 line gives the best slip.

Mz.MoMo5235

This is the first time I've heard anybody have this reaction, they at least get the slip. Maybe you could try a test section in the back of your hair to see if it gives the slip you need. The G3 line gives the best slip.

i still have to try the g3. i held off on using it thinking the shea would be the bomb diggity lol. i wont use the shea again but i will give the 3g a shot. i'm still waiting for my hair to dry to see if it would be fine as a leave in.

Minty

Girls give me a pass - cause you know I love the search button - where can I buy Skala in NYC? or the cheapest online source.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Why are you two only using them for the summer? Why not year round? Just curious.

No Reason really Muse.:look: Just my little quirky system.

Since I'll be Freshly Relaxed and it will be hot, hot, hot (I decided to try them then).

Maybe because they're from Tropical Climates (Brazil & DR)....Dunno.:ohwell: Just what I decided to do.

Will pull the 'other' stuff out in the Fall.:yep:

gimbap

G3 conditioner is one of the best cowash conditioners I've ever used, but the leave-in is ehhhhh. Left my hair looking dull. The aloe vera leave-in is grrrrrrreat! I can't stop touching my hair. It's fully dry, but feels moist. This is the only bottle of AV leave-in I've been able to find though. G3 leave-in is everywhere :rolleyes:

Americka

Girls give me a pass - cause you know I love the search button - where can I buy Skala in NYC? or the cheapest online source.

If you are located near a Duane Reade, PathMark, Stop&Shop, Kerr Drug, Hannaford Supermarket or Sweetbay Supermarket, you should be able to find these products there. Hopefully other ladies from NYC will chime in and tell you of local BSSs that carry Skala.

If you are looking to purchase online, your best bet is the Skala Beauty website. Amazon and Ebay also carry the product, but at a much higher cost. Also, check the exchange forum. HTH!

Mz.MoMo5235

there was no leave in's at all at my big lots. i'm still waiting for my hair to dry to see if the shea cond is going to work as a leave in or not.

Muse

Depending on what part of NY you're in you may be able to find them in Brazilian shops. They usually carry the flavors we can't readily get here in the US stores.

i still have to try the g3. i held off on using it thinking the shea would be the bomb diggity lol. i wont use the shea again but i will give the 3g a shot. i'm still waiting for my hair to dry to see if it would be fine as a leave in.

You may have better luck with G3. Personally SB is not my favorite :look:. For me it goes: G3, Aloe, Jaborandi then SB. I did hear the SB leave in was the bomb but although I didn't have a reaction to the SB con like you did I just didn't find it to be very moisturizing. I've tried each line several times now.

drappedup

G3 conditioner is one of the best cowash conditioners I've ever used, but the leave-in is ehhhhh. Left my hair looking dull. The aloe vera leave-in is grrrrrrreat! I can't stop touching my hair. It's fully dry, but feels moist. This is the only bottle of AV leave-in I've been able to find though. G3 leave-in is everywhere :rolleyes:

Totally agree. I have been using the G3 conditioner as my cowash conditioner since I bought it, and OMG.....JUST AMAZING.:grin::grin:

I haven't read through this entire thread so I apologize if this has been brought up but while ya'll are doing your hauls, are yall checking the dates on the back? I looked at mine after another member brought it up and I see mine expires August of this year. Guess I should get to using it. I wish all products had the date it was manufactured and the date it expires like Skala. Just a heads up in case ya'll havent looked at the dates.

Yeah, I've been trying to pay attention to the expiration dates......I think the first few I bought I didn't check, though. The majority of mine expire in 2011.....I think I will use them up by then....or close to it.

drappedup

....also, I haven't tried anything but the G3 conditioner so far. I'm waiting till tomorrow until I try a masque.....probably the aloe vera and then I will see how the aloe vera conditioner works for me for a week (unless it's awful then I'll not bother keeping it as my cowash conditioner this upcoming week). I figure I am going to try each one of the conditioners for the week, on the days I cowash......just to get a real good feel for them. Today is actually a week since I first used the G3 condish and maaaan.....soooo in love. Luckily the G3 is the majority of skala conditioner I have, because I am IN LOVE. :heart2:

Muse

ITA with the bolded.:yep: For me it's the other way around though I like the G3 leave in better. Perhaps that's because I layer it on top of another heavier cream leave in. I think it says on the bottle that it seals the cuticle so maybe that's why your hair feels coated.

Muse

I haven't read through this entire thread so I apologize if this has been brought up but while ya'll are doing your hauls, are yall checking the dates on the back? I looked at mine after another member brought it up and I see mine expires August of this year. Guess I should get to using it. I wish all products had the date it was manufactured and the date it expires like Skala. Just a heads up in case ya'll havent looked at the dates.

Thanks for the heads up. I just checked my bottles and while most of them say 2011 I have about 10 products I'll need to chuck! All of them Shea Butter and 2 AV cons. It's funny that the SB turned out to be my least favorite and now I wonder if it's because it's expired. Not by much (3/2010) but I still wonder if it makes a difference. All the SB masques and cons have to go :sad:. I can't take them back because it took me a good 45 minutes to go to the BL that I found them in and I don't have the receipt. I'm not use to having a date on my hair products so I didn't think to check. Oh well at least it wasn't my favorite line that was expired. Check those dates. MzMoMo what's the expiration date on the SB con you used?

Mz.MoMo5235

Thanks for the heads up. I just checked my bottles and while most of them say 2011 I have about 10 products I'll need to chuck! All of them Shea Butter and 2 AV cons. It's funny that the SB turned out to be my least favorite and now I wonder if it's because it's expired. Not by much (3/2010) but I still wonder if it makes a difference. All the SB masques and cons have to go :sad:. I can't take them back because it took me a good 45 minutes to go to the BL that I found them in and I don't have the receipt. I'm not use to having a date on my hair products so I didn't think to check. Oh well at least it wasn't my favorite line that was expired. Check those dates. MzMoMo what's the expiration date on the SB con you used?

lmfao AUGUST :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

some old a$$ cond if it expires that soon. maybe that was the issue

i will say that as a leave in its not half bad. my hair is almost fully dry (middle still needs some drying). but the hair that is dry has good curl definition and isnt crunchy or dried out. its not the softest a leave in has left my hair. but its good enough to atleast use up right quick lol

SelfStyled

No Reason really Muse.:look: Just my little quirky system.

Since I'll be Freshly Relaxed and it will be hot, hot, hot (I decided to try them then).

Maybe because they're from Tropical Climates (Brazil & DR)....Dunno.:ohwell: Just what I decided to do.

Will pull the 'other' stuff out in the Fall.:yep:

Muse- Exactly my thoughts too- I find the masques to be so emollient that they seem perfect for the summer time. But I will be defintely using them all year.

Has anyone made any Skala cocktails? Either mixing two together or mixing another DC in with the Skala? If so what where your results?

I hit the motherload today at a Brazilian marketin Worcester on Chandler st.- I scored Extra Lisos, SOS emergency, Jaborandi, Chocolate, Gloss, Keratin and Lissative and Grape, Goat Mil and Gloss Kanechom. I will post pictures in the Skala pic thread.

Americka

The G3 leaves my hair feeling slightly coated. For me, it makes a better leave in than any other non-Skala product, but I prefer the SB and the AV.

Muse

Muse- Exactly my thoughts too- I find the masques to be so emollient that they seem perfect for the summer time. But I will be defintely using them all year.

Has anyone made any Skala cocktails? Either mixing two together or mixing another DC in with the Skala? If so what where your results?

I hit the motherload today at a Brazilian marketin Worcester on Chandler st.- I scored Extra Lisos, SOS emergency, Jaborandi, Chocolate, Gloss, Keratin and Lissative and Grape, Goat Mil and Gloss Kanechom. I will post pictures in the Skala pic thread.

SS, you've got it made where you are. I wanna be there!

JuiceMobsta

OMG!!! Why did I click onto this page?!?!:thud: :thud: :thud: Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Skala Brown Plus conditioner

Skala Extra Smooth condish

Skala Plus Gloss condish

Skala Hydro-Nourishing condish

Skala Liss Active condish

Skala Loire Shine condish

Skala Black Plus condish

Skala Intense Bright Red condish

Skala Mini Avocado Cream Treatment

Skala Cream of tha Crystal Bath Treatment

Skala Brown Cream Treatment, maximum brightness

Skala Cream Cocktail Treatment,anti-breaking

Skala Cream Cocktail Treatment,strengthener

Skala Double Cream Treatment

Skala Gold Advanced Cream Treatment

Skala Hydro-Nutrient Cream Treatment

Skala HyperLumi Cream Treatment

Skala Kids Cream Treatment

Skala Lama Black Cream Treatment

Skala Goat Milk Cream Treatment

Skala Loire Maximum Brightness Cream Treatment

Skala Clay Mask Cream Treatment

Skala Black Luster Intense Cream Treatment

Skala Sundaes Cream Treatment

Skala Ceramic Sundaes Cream treatment

Skala Intense Bright Red Cream Treatment

Skala Maximo Brown Gloss Stylin cream

Skala Cocktail Anti-Break Stylin cream

Skala Fruit Cocktail Stylin Cream

Skala Cocktail Strengthener Styling Cream

Skala Hydro Nutrient Styling Cream

Skala Black Luster Maximo Styling Cream

Skala Maximo Bright Red Styling Cream

Skala Deoderants

Skala Lotion

Skala Anti-Waste Shampoo

:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked: :shocked::shocked:
Enter, If YOU DARE!!!!!!!!!:lachen::lachen::lachen:
http://www.tudonlineprodutos.com/in...lo&busca=skala&autor=&titulo=&espec=&editora=

Angelicus

I watch A&E Hoarders to prevent becoming an addict like you guys. I am content with my 1 Shea Butter Conditioner. Hee hee!

krissyprissy

Skala Anti-Waste Shampoo

I wonder what is the purpose of Anti-Waste!

ETA: Nevermind I think this is clarifing shampoo.

Last edited:
so.... i used my skala yall.... and i must say

bum-bum-BUUUUUMMMMMMMM!!!!

i'm not impressed lol the masque i guess was so-so. i mean for $1 i guess it could have sucked fat monkey balls, but it didnt so i plan to reuse it til done. i did mix it with evco. it was way thinner than i expected. by the way i used the aloe vera one.

then i washed my hair with my normal poo and then went to use the cond (shea butter) AND OMG THIS SUCKED FAT HAIR MONKEY BALLS!!!! what's going on yall?!?!? the cond was thin and runny compared to what i'm used to using and it didnt have a fond smell to it (not nasty, just not yummy). AND THERE WAS ZERO SLIP!!! i almost started to cry because i lost so much freakin hair!!! i havent lost that much hair since my relaxed days yall, i almost panicked. when i 1st started to have problems i should have rinsed this stuff out and started over with my usual cond. mind you, i finger comb yall and it was a disaster!!!.

once i got out and towel dried, sprayed on my home made juice and then finished detangling since i didnt do that good of a job in the shower since i was losing so much hair. i then used the cond as a leave in. i'm letting my hair air dry and i'm hoping that i will be able to at least use this stuff as a leave in cause i will never use it in my wash routine again. if i can at least use it as a leave in then i can get my $1 worth lmao.

if once my hair air dries, it feels like boo-boo, i'm starting over with my usual stuff and donating my stash to my cousin.

this is a bandwagon i should have let pass me lmao but for $1 i couldnt resist!
SOOOOOOOOOOO sorry the SB did not work for you:sad: Really sad cuz isn't that the one that says for moisturizing!?!?!? Am more sad to hear about the hair loss! Here's to hoping your hair loves the C3.

Mz.MoMo5235

SOOOOOOOOOOO sorry the SB did not work for you:sad: Really sad cuz isn't that the one that says for moisturizing!?!?!? Am more sad to hear about the hair loss! Here's to hoping your hair loves the C3.

i know right!!!!

this time around of the g3 does the same i'm not detangling. just gonna rinse it out and put my old stuff in it