Results of Silkwrap - Pics Inside

Cayenne0622

HoneyDew said:
No, I cannot wetset to save my life!! :) I am just dry rollersetting right now, because my hair got kinda flat lastnight so I am drysetting for a few hours so I can wear my hair down later on.

lolol..i feel ya. I think I did a good job wetsetting but unfortunately I used too much setting lotion or something because my curls are crispy and I had a lot of breakage while finger combing and then wrapping. I used wayyy more water than setting lotion but I guess it was still too much...boo hoo:( . Anyway, going forward I'm gonna stick to bunning. All the rest of these styles are causing me to manipulate my hair too much and I guess its still too fragile.

OP - sorry for a minor jack of your thread.:)

divinefavor

Abibi said:
Did you use the Universal Styling cream as a leave-in or did you put it on after the leave-in?

I didn't use the USC until after I took out the rollers. I used the USC and the Aveda Brilliant Serum and then wrapped the hair. Although, when reading on the back, I found out after the fact that the USC can be used on wet hair as well.

divinefavor

Naturellle said:
Wow!! I think your hair looks fabulous! It doesn't look poofy to me at all. Between this thread and your other thread (Aveda moisturizers) you've got me started on my quest for some Aveda products..lol!

:lol: Go ahead girl and join the Aveda club!!!! :lol:

divinefavor

PrettyBrownEyes said:
It looks cute to me! On a side note though its always best to try new techniques/products etc.on a day where you aren't going anywhere since you don't know what the outcome may be. Very cute though, I don't think you need to curl it with the curlers.

Girl tell me about it...I don't know what made want to try the silk wrap to go to a wedding. :lol: My intentions were to do the silk wrap last night, but I was so tired when I got home. Plus, I knew my peeps were waiting to hear about how my silk wrap turned out. So, I couldn't let them down. :lol: :lol:

divinefavor

nikki1971 said:
I tried the Aveda Brilliant Styling Cream last night along with my Aveda serum and my silk wrap was bangin!!! :grin: I have been using products from the Brilliant line for years and I can't believe I never tried the cream. The smell is really nice too clean and fresh!

Girl, do you have some pics? I want to see your hair!!! :grin: Did your hair sweat at all under the plastic wrap?

divinefavor

HoneyDew said:
pretty!!!!!

I always love seeing pics of your hair. It reminds me so much of my own so I always want to see what you are up to. :D

Another member of the Aveda Brilliant USC and serum lovers club!!! :)

I have rollers in my hair right now, but I cannot wait to get ready to go out tonight so I have an opportunity to use my USC. :D

Again, girl thanks for showing us your pics, you know we have all been waiting! :)

Thank you sweetie!!

divinefavor

Cayenne0622 said:
lolol..i feel ya. I think I did a good job wetsetting but unfortunately I used too much setting lotion or something because my curls are crispy and I had a lot of breakage while finger combing and then wrapping. I used wayyy more water than setting lotion but I guess it was still too much...boo hoo:( . Anyway, going forward I'm gonna stick to bunning. All the rest of these styles are causing me to manipulate my hair too much and I guess its still too fragile.

OP - sorry for a minor jack of your thread.:)

That's okay girl!!

I never use setting lotion for my rollersets for that very reason. A creamy leave in and sometimes just plain old water does the trick.

divinefavor

nelli711 said:
Divine, your hair came out VERY beautiful! I knew you'd like the USC!

Thanks nelli!!! I'm so glad you all turned me on to it. Have you tried it wet hair? I read on the back of the tube that it can be used on wet and dry hair.

nelli711

divinefavor said:
Thanks nelli!!! I'm so glad you all turned me on to it. Have you tried it wet hair? I read on the back of the tube that it can be used on wet and dry hair.

Yes, I've tried it on wet hair. It makes hair really soft.

divinefavor

Oh by the way...something else I learned from this silk wrap experience, is that I need to learn how rollerset without using snap-on magnetic rollers. But, I cannot rollerset with duck bill clips to save my life! :lol: If I had used those the wrap might have laid a little more smoother, because I wouldn't have had those prints/lumps in my head.:D

secretdiamond

LocksOfLuV said:
IMO it looks VERY bouncy and nice!!!:D

I honestly think you may have stayed under the dryer too long coupled with the fact that you may have used a tad too much saran. When I did it, I only stayed under for about 5-7 minutes. I was sweating like a ho in church!:lachen:

No you didn't!!!! :lachen: :lol:

ETA: Very nice Divine!

Last edited:

Mom23

Your hair looks good!! I may have to try this as well. I have never wrapped my hair after a rollerset.:)

Cayenne0622

divinefavor said:
That's okay girl!!

I never use setting lotion for my rollersets for that very reason. A creamy leave in and sometimes just plain old water does the trick.

Thanks for the tip. If I EVER try it again, no setting lotion!! lol

Your hair is very pretty. Keep doing what you are doing.

P.S. Aveda is now officially on my list of must tries. I'll see if I can get some samples this week.

Abibi

divinefavor said:
I didn't use the USC until after I took out the rollers. I used the USC and the Aveda Brilliant Serum and then wrapped the hair. Although, when reading on the back, I found out after the fact that the USC can be used on wet hair as well.

Thanks...I'm about to try silk wrapping :grin:

divinefavor

Cayenne0622 said:
Thanks for the tip. If I EVER try it again, no setting lotion!! lol

Your hair is very pretty. Keep doing what you are doing.

P.S. Aveda is now officially on my list of must tries. I'll see if I can get some samples this week.

Thanks hon!!! And, I have confidence in you that you will try it again and it will come out beautifully. :)

Let me know how the Aveda products work for you if you decide to get the samples.

ItsyBitsy

Divine your hair is beautiful!
Another Aveda Brilliant lover checkin in :grin:
I LOVE the Serum & USC... these 2 work perfectly together to achieve the best Silkwrap!!!! Beautiful silky hair evertime :grin:

divinefavor

DIONNE31 said:
Divine your hair is beautiful!
Another Aveda Brilliant lover checkin in :grin:
I LOVE the Serum & USC... these 2 work perfectly together to achieve the best Silkwrap!!!! Beautiful silky hair evertime :grin:

Thanks girl!!! Your hair is beautiful as well!! I love your avatar pic. Did you acheive that look with the silk wrap?