Roller wrap techniques

melodee

Please share any tips that would help facilitate the roller wrap technique. Do you guys use Saran Wrap to hold hair in place once it's wrapped? Why the need to go under the dryer again after the initial set and wrap anyway? Who here does a mean roller wrap?

alona

My roller wraps use to be tight until the damage. I used the white paper strips. You can get them at a bss. I think the purpose for getting under the dryer again is to help mold the wrap especially if the hair is not completely dry.

hth

Tracy

I don't use saran wrap. And I always let my rollers dry completely as I find I get the smoothest results this way. I just rollerset, dry, then wrap after I take out the rollers.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
I don't use saran wrap. And I always let my rollers dry completely as I find I get the smoothest results this way. I just rollerset, dry, then wrap after I take out the rollers.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is what I do too.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
I don't go under the dryer after I take the rollers out. I wet set my hair and let the hair air dry over night, in the morning I take the rollers out wrap my hair, tie it up with a silk scraf and jump in the shower.

melodee

How does an airdried roller wrap turn out?
Also, in which direction do you wrap? I'd like to duplicate the salon wrap.

hOnii

you need some end papers. they carry them at your bss. wet your hair completely, or wash your hair. spray setting lotion on your hair. you'll put the section of hair your going to wrap between 2 sheets of end paper. spray it with setting lotion to hold it. then roll it under as straight as possible. its best to use clips to hold the hair in place. roller backs will cause kinks. sit under a dryer or let it dry overnight and voila!