Results of Silkwrap - Pics Inside

divinefavor

Well, I tried the silkwrap this morning. My hair turned out okay. After taking out my rollers before wrapping the hair, my hair was really silky and straight. I wrapped my hair and then put the Saran Wrap on. Now my hair is a tad bit poofy. I can tell that when I was under the dryer my hair was sweating a little bit. I'm thinking there are a few reasons that my hair came out this way, either I put too much saran wrap on, maybe this is not a great method for fine hair, or I should have stayed under the dryer for only 5-10 minutes instead of 15-20 minutes However, I do think that because of the silkiness of my hair after taking out the rollers and wrapping my hair, that I could have gotten a flat look by sitting under the dryer without the saran wrap. I'm going to try this method again though. However, because I have a wedding at noon, I'm going to put my 2" ceramic curling iron to my hair, wrap and put on a scarf until it's time to leave out.

Here are a few pics...any and all suggestions are welcome.
Wrapped Hair after taking Rollers Out

Wrapped with Saran Wrap (Front)

Wrapped with Saran Wrap (Top and Side)

After Taking off Saran Wrap and Unwrapping

divinefavor

Oh, I have to give a shot out to my Aveda girls!!!! The Universal Styling Creme and the Aveda Serum is the bomb!!!! My hair feels wonderful!!

LocksOfLuV

IMO it looks VERY bouncy and nice!!!:D

I honestly think you may have stayed under the dryer too long coupled with the fact that you may have used a tad too much saran. When I did it, I only stayed under for about 5-7 minutes. I was sweating like a ho in church!:lachen:

divinefavor

Thanks ladies!!!

LocksofLuv - Girl you are too funny!!!! I agree, I think I used to much saran wrap and stayed under the dryer too long. I'm going to try this again though. My hair is bouncy and feels really soft and silky.

OneInaMillion - I'm not exactly sure what the culprit is for the bounciness, but if I had to take a guess, I would the Universal Cream had something to do with it.

MamaBraidedIt

Your hair looks good. I use Saran wrap for my deep conditioning and it does trap in heat which causes moisture like no other. Maybe next time try poking small holes in the plastic so that some heat can escape to create less frizz/poof? :shrugs:

Abibi

Did you use the Universal Styling cream as a leave-in or did you put it on after the leave-in?

RubyWoo

Wow!! I think your hair looks fabulous! It doesn't look poofy to me at all. Between this thread and your other thread (Aveda moisturizers) you've got me started on my quest for some Aveda products..lol!

PrettyBrownEyes

It looks cute to me! On a side note though its always best to try new techniques/products etc.on a day where you aren't going anywhere since you don't know what the outcome may be. Very cute though, I don't think you need to curl it with the curlers.

Allandra

Wow. Your hair does look nice and silky. I've never tried the Saran Wrap. I'd like to try it one of these days.

Cayenne0622

Thanks to the OP's earlier posts. I'm sitting here with my first rollerset under the dryer and hoping to do the wrap with saran wrap afterwards. I'm nervous now...reading about head sweating and poofiness. I'm going to use one layer of saran wrap and sit under the dryer for 3-5 mins. I'll keep ya posted!;)

HoneyDew

pretty!!!!!

I always love seeing pics of your hair. It reminds me so much of my own so I always want to see what you are up to. :D

Another member of the Aveda Brilliant USC and serum lovers club!!! :)

I have rollers in my hair right now, but I cannot wait to get ready to go out tonight so I have an opportunity to use my USC. :D

Again, girl thanks for showing us your pics, you know we have all been waiting! :)

Cayenne0622

HoneyDew said:
pretty!!!!!

I always love seeing pics of your hair. It reminds me so much of my own so I always want to see what you are up to. :D

Another member of the Aveda Brilliant USC and serum lovers club!!! :)

I have rollers in my hair right now, but I cannot wait to get ready to go out tonight so I have an opportunity to use my USC. :D

Again, girl thanks for showing us your pics, you know we have all been waiting! :)

Honey...are you doing the silk wrap methond when you take your rollers out? I want to see more pic results of this style. The OP's hair is looks really good but I've only seen one other person's and her hair was like BSL or something. So, I'm always interested in seeing it on shorter hair.

HoneyDew

Cayenne0622 said:
Honey...are you doing the silk wrap methond when you take your rollers out? I want to see more pic results of this style. The OP's hair is looks really good but I've only seen one other person's and her hair was like BSL or something. So, I'm always interested in seeing it on shorter hair.

No, I cannot wetset to save my life!! :) I am just dry rollersetting right now, because my hair got kinda flat lastnight so I am drysetting for a few hours so I can wear my hair down later on.

lexi08

I tried the Aveda Brilliant Styling Cream last night along with my Aveda serum and my silk wrap was bangin!!! :grin: I have been using products from the Brilliant line for years and I can't believe I never tried the cream. The smell is really nice too clean and fresh!

Empress Yahudah

Ur hair looks good I cant tell that u had any frizz...I love silk wraps but i learned u cant stay under the dryer that long cuz the plastic plus heat will make ur hair sweat i usually stay 7-10 min

divinefavor

OMG!!!! I just got in from the wedding and see all of these replies. :lol:

Thank you all so much for your compliments!!!

I'll be back to reply to some of the replies who had questions.

Man oh man, I am loving the Universal Styling Creme!!!! What took me so long to try this. I was so stuck on just using Aveda DR, but Aveda clearly has other wonderful products!!!

Honeydew - Yes girl I am apart of the club!!!!

divinefavor

MamaBraidedIt said:
Your hair looks good. I use Saran wrap for my deep conditioning and it does trap in heat which causes moisture like no other. Maybe next time try poking small holes in the plastic so that some heat can escape to create less frizz/poof? :shrugs:

You know what...I didn't even think of poking holes. That is a wonderful idea!!! I'll try that next time!