u can saran wrap without the rollers!!!

danagurl

What is the pigtail wrap?

I will try this saran wrap tonight... HOPEFULLY my hair will be dry by the time I get home

That's great you found something that works so well for you. I did a wet wrap a while back and it came out a bomb so I did the saran wrap and it really helped straighten it out a lot! And trust me I was looking like Diana Ross before I saran wrapped it.

I've been meaning to try this with banded hair or my pigtail wrap which is my newest experiment I have cooking up *evil laugh*:ninja:

4mia

That's great you found something that works so well for you. I did a wet wrap a while back and it came out a bomb so I did the saran wrap and it really helped straighten it out a lot! And trust me I was looking like Diana Ross before I saran wrapped it.

I've been meaning to try this with banded hair or my pigtail wrap which is my newest experiment I have cooking up *evil laugh*:ninja:

is the pigtail wrap like a bantu knot? im airdrying right now i two pigtail bun/bantu knots and in the am i will saran wrap for 10 - 15min

4mia

Thanks for posting this!! I've always been curious about sran-wrapping w/out the rollers but never had the stomach to try it.

Well i tried it last night & my hair was F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!!!! Yaaaaayyyy, now I can keep up with my work-outs, co-washes & still have gorgeous hair :bouncy:

im glad it worked:dance7:

luvmesumhair

Just checking in....

Well I tried it yesterday and it was OK. After airdrying my hair, I put some NTM leave in and proceeded to put in a few bantu knots and wrapped a saran wrap around that and went under the dryer for 15 minutes. After taking it down, the very back was a little moist (don't know why) and the rest came out nice. I have to practice on this. Maybe next time BIGGER bantu knots for a more wavey look. After looking at it and not liking it, I proceeded to crosswrap my hair and went back under the dryer and it came out better.

Overall, I like that I can do this on airdryed hair :yep:

I did not post any pics :wallbash: Sorry. Next time.

Lady Esquire

Wow, thanks for sharing this. This is so good to know. Cause sometimes you just do not have the time or desire to rollerset. I am definitely gonna try this.

4mia

are you suppose to have waves when you airdry in bantu knots? i may try a ponytail with a roller on the end for straighter results

tapioca_pudding

I have a question, please dont think Im slow. :perplexed:

Is Saran Wrap & Cling Wrap the same thing??? I never use either so I have no clue. I bought Cling Wrap but it doesnt work.. so Im not sure if its cuz its not saran wrap or if its cuz my hair just doesnt like it.. :nono:

Thanks!

SpiritJunkie

Thanks for the tips ladies. i tried this tonight...didnt use rollers...and aired dried wrapped added some serums. i stayed under longer than 15mins. i am happy with the results.

Mo96

Wow, didn't know that! Thanks for sharing. I know one thing, this saran wrap has me over here sweating! (I'm under the dryer. lol)

LaidBak

I want to try this but I want to make sure I have it exactly right. My hair is between neck and shoulder length. So am I wrapping my hair in the traditional sense (around the head) and then covering with saran wrap? Some of the posts mentioned curlers and bantu knots. Does one put large rollers on the ends of the hair and sort of wrap those up in the plastic wrap? Does anybody know if there is a fokti or youtube video showing this? I don't want to be the idiot who melts plastic to her head because she got it wrong. Please don't have me bald up in here.

tuffCOOKiE

I'm airdrying w rollers on the ends and trying this tonight or tmo morning before church. I dunno how to post pictures since I dont have a hosting website like a fotki, but I'll attach!