u can saran wrap without the rollers!!!

4mia

well i tried the saran wrap on freshly washed and air dried hair i used my moisturizer,and serum then wrapped, placed the saran wrap and sat under a dryer for 10minutes i took my wrap down rubbed some avocado butter and bam straight healthy looking hair i have a feeling if i was under the dryer longer it would be even straighter
man i just bought a new flat iron like 2 months ago it looks like its just going to sit under the sink now

bauderlady

Man ....I am happy about his one! I love to airdry so This will be my new way of having straight healthy hair......Thanks so much!

Last edited:

4mia

i love it the only thing is when i airdried i did it in a banded ponytail wich left ripples in my hair im have out a way to air dry that will not leave dents in my hair or i would have to go under the dryer longer with the saran wrap (i just do not have the patience) so if yu have figured out a way to airdry without dents or a frizzy mess please share

Sistaslick

well i tried the saran wrap on freshly washed and air dried hair i used my moisturizer,and serum then wrapped, placed the saran wrap and sat under a dryer for 10minutes i took my wrap down rubbed some avocado butter and bam straight healthy looking hair i have a feeling if i was under the dryer longer it would be even straighter
man i just bought a new flat iron like 2 months ago it looks like its just going to sit under the sink now

Wow! that sounds great! How far post relaxer are you? Was it able to get the roots flat as well?

4mia

Wow! that sounds great! How far post relaxer are you? Was it able to get the roots flat as well?

i had my last relaxer on the 14th of july so im not that far post the wrap is what lays the roots down i think i can tell i dont have a fresh relaxer but its not puffy looking or anything i thought about getting an hot air brush to do the roots but that would be defeating the whole low heat concept

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
i love it the only thing is when i airdried i did it in a banded ponytail wich left ripples in my hair im have out a way to air dry that will not leave dents in my hair or i would have to go under the dryer longer with the saran wrap (i just do not have the patience) so if yu have figured out a way to airdry without dents or a frizzy mess please share

Hmm... you could try sectioning your hair into two bantu knots. When it dries, it leaves the hair w/ a very loose wave.

WILLIEWONKA

I am about to give up on my hair!
I've been reading all the forums and picking up some great tips, but my hair just doesn't look like yours or any of the other great pix posted.

My hair is thick and doesn't take perms very well. As a result, two weeks after a perms, I need another one. Because of the shortness of my perm, I try to extend it out to at least 4 weeks. But, because my roots are so thick, I end up breaking my ends.

I do the 2 hour hennna followed by deep conditioned treatment every other week. I deep condition every week.

I'm using OPTIMUM Shampoo
Cholesterol
Apogee
castor oil
dove hair mist.

You you have any suggestions?

comike

Glad you had great results. I had great results as well. By the way, try sticking a period or two in your posts next time.....makes reading it a lot easier. :spinning:

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
I am about to give up on my hair!
I've been reading all the forums and picking up some great tips, but my hair just doesn't look like yours or any of the other great pix posted.

My hair is thick and doesn't take perms very well. As a result, two weeks after a perms, I need another one. Because of the shortness of my perm, I try to extend it out to at least 4 weeks. But, because my roots are so thick, I end up breaking my ends.

I do the 2 hour hennna followed by deep conditioned treatment every other week. I deep condition every week.

I'm using OPTIMUM Shampoo
Cholesterol
Apogee
castor oil
dove hair mist.

You you have any suggestions?

Sorry about your trouble! Don't give up though. My hair is very thick as well and I can stretch up to 10 wks w/o a relaxer. You may want to lessen the henna treatements, maybe once a month. i know that they tend to dry out the hair. What type of relaxer do you use? Do you do them yourself? Do you texlax or try to relax bone straight? PM me, maybe I can help...otherwise try starting another thread...you may get more responses that way:yep:!

4mia

Glad you had great results. I had great results as well. By the way, try sticking a period or two in your posts next time.....makes reading it a lot easier. :spinning:

thank you for the tip i was in the rush and did not realize my post was that difficult to read.

comike

thank you for the tip i was in the rush and did not realize my post was that difficult to read.

I was so geeked to hear about your experience and was like "okay, what is she saying". Had to read it a few times. ;)

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
That's great you found something that works so well for you. I did a wet wrap a while back and it came out a bomb so I did the saran wrap and it really helped straighten it out a lot! And trust me I was looking like Diana Ross before I saran wrapped it.

I've been meaning to try this with banded hair or my pigtail wrap which is my newest experiment I have cooking up *evil laugh*:ninja:

**WonderWoman**

Thanks for posting this!! I've always been curious about sran-wrapping w/out the rollers but never had the stomach to try it.

Well i tried it last night & my hair was F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!!!! Yaaaaayyyy, now I can keep up with my work-outs, co-washes & still have gorgeous hair :bouncy:

HoneyDew

Thanks for posting this!! I've always been curious about sran-wrapping w/out the rollers but never had the stomach to try it.

Well i tried it last night & my hair was F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!!!! Yaaaaayyyy, now I can keep up with my work-outs, co-washes & still have gorgeous hair :bouncy:

Did you airdry before, as well?