RELAXING WHILE PREGNANT!

natura87

I have no problem with people relaxing, whatever floats your boat. I just think that when it comes to being pregnant (if i ever relaxed agian) I could never subject my unborn child to that. I just dont want to risk it.

NorthernCalGal

I relaxed after the first trimester. At that time, nor am I now the best DIY. I did the research at the time and spoke with my doctor and everything went fine. My relaxer also took. Stay away from lunch meat and fish with high mercury levels. Those are the big no-nos outside of the obvious, like alcohol and smoking. I wish you a joyful delivery!

SistaSista

I didn't relax when I was pregnant with my first child. I kept my hair in braids the whole time. I regretted it when it was time to relax. At the time I preferred my hair to be bone straight and it took 6 months before I could get my hair back to the way I liked it.

mzbrown

I just had my son in October and I permed my hair once while I was pregnant. It was around my 7th month when I permed my hair, it took the same way all of my perms take, and it has not affected my son. If I had known about lhcf and how to take care of my hair and stretch perms, I would have not permed my hair, just because I would have had other options. Since I didn't know about lhcf and thought permed hair was my only option of having nice looking hair I permed. I know better now for next time. All in all if you choose to perm it's fine, your baby will be fine. Congrats and good luck!

TLC1020

My OB said it was ok to relax while pregnant.. However I relaxed only one time throughout my pregnancy which was at 4 months..

DaDragonPrincess

I personally wouldn't do it. I would take advantage of those 9 months (protective style like crazy). Your on prenatal pills too, your hair will be on super grow mode. lol

Plus I mean your body is still absorbing the chemical. I wouldn’t want anything toxic going in my body (cig, alcohol, drugs) or on my body!

But that’s just me. These days anything can make a baby come out with 6 eyes and an extra set of legs :nono: lol

I agree, i would rock nothing but protective styles:sew ins,wigs,phony ponys,buns,braidouts,bantu knots,etc all 9 months,thats what i'm gone do if I ever get pregnant by my soon to be hubby

Does anyone know how faster the hair grows while pregnant?
And is it true that most of the poeple that did grow long hair while they were pregnant lost all of it after delivering because of the shedding?