RELAXER AND HENNA ON THE SAME DAY

CynamonKis

Last week, I relaxed AND henna-d my hair on the same day and got GREAT results (after the appropriate strand test, of course). Note that I used only 100% Natural Henna, not hennalucent (hennalucent does not cover gray hair).

Why? because I needed to color the gray on my hair in a SAFE way.

Also, I finally evened out the color in the front by applying DARK BROWN henna to the gray that's on the front THEN applying red henna to the entire hair. The color is now a deep reddish brown with fine red highlights and it looks GREAT.

What I did:

- Motions Oil Mild Relaxer, Motions Neutralizing Shampoo, Motions conditioner (as per directions)
- Strand test
- Blue Mountain Color-the-gray henna (brown-applied to the gray in the front only)- 1 hr
- Ahmad Henna with conditioner/oil mixture (all over, 4 hrs)

Doing the henna and relaxer on the same day sort of served as a protein conditioner on top of the relaxer.

Thought I'd pass this on.....

sweetcocoa

I'm glad you had such great results. The protein from the henna must of really helped strengthen your hair after the relaxer.

Allandra

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
CynamonKis said:
(hennalucent does not cover gray hair)

[/ QUOTE ]
It covered mine (all of it).

CynamonKis

Hi Allandra:

Glad that Hennalucent covered all of your gray hair!
Hennalucent's OWN PACKAGE DIRECTIONS state that it does not cover gray hair, so I IMMEDIATELY took my box of "brown" hennalucent back to the store &amp; ordered Light Mountain Henna instead (then Hennajoy's "Ahmad" after I read about the "red" color on her website). Not being the "adventurous" type, I try to follow the package directions so I stopped cold after reading Hennalucent's. Glad to see you went further &amp; got great results!

In reply to:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CynamonKis said:
(hennalucent does not cover gray hair)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Allandra's reply:
It covered mine (all of it).

HennaJoy

Hi Cynthia,

It is fabulous that you got the strengthening, coloring, and straightening of the perm all working for you to give you the results that make you happy. That is what counts and I'm happy for you.

HennaJoy

Hairyette

CynamonKis,

I guess I need to go back and re-read the Henna threads (thought henna and relaxers didn't mix...)

From your routine...it looks like you used two different hennas. Wouldn't the Blue Mountain have colored your whole head? Or did you use a different color?

CynamonKis

Hairyette, I used the Light Mountain Henna in Brown to color the gray, only, which represents a small portion of my hair around the front hairline. Then I follow up with Ahmad (Red) henna allover. This provides a more even dark red color all over my hair, which I love. I could use the Brown all over but I really like dark red hair on myself.

Mahalialee4

That's how I cover the gray! And Henna Joy, I am about to order some more Indigo and some Ahmad too. Watch for my email next week. Bonjour.

Mahalialee4

So then does this mean that you had been relaxing before you used the henna and that this is the first time you used the henna. I had heard that the two were totally incompatible. But have you heard of anyone using the relaxer over hair that has been hennaed and what kind of results did that give?

LB_Williams

[ QUOTE ]
Mahalialee4 said:
So then does this mean that you had been relaxing before you used the henna and that this is the first time you used the henna. I had heard that the two were totally incompatible. But have you heard of anyone using the relaxer over hair that has been hennaed and what kind of results did that give?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can anyone answer this question? Please???