Need advice on henna and relaxed hair.

Laginappe

Hello everyone,

Question for the relaxed henna users. I’m thinking about trying out a henna treatment. I’ve been reading back through the posts and I’m really intrigued by the good results many of you have found with the henna treatments.

I understand that because I have relaxed hair that I should stick to the Hennalucent which is not a problem. My question is this – is this the best way to go to get a conditioning treatment, some shine, color (or tint) my gray, and strengthen my hair against breakage (I’ve been breaking a little more than I’m comfortable with)??

Also, I’m about due for a re-touch on my relaxer. Should I do the re-touch first, wait a week or so and then do the henna? Or can they be done on the same day? Or should the henna be done first?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Amethyst

Hi Laginappe/images/graemlins/wave.gif

I would post a thread or PM Zanna if I were you. She has a relaxer, uses hennalucent and has waistelength hair. I think she would really be able to advise you on this.

Amethyst

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Also, I’m about due for a re-touch on my relaxer. Should I do the re-touch first, wait a week or so and then do the henna? Or can they be done on the same day? Or should the henna be done first?

[/ QUOTE ]

According the Hennalucent, they can be done on the same day. The Hennalucent instructions say:

"To restore elastic body and shine to relaxed hair, follow immediately with a Hennalucent conditioning treatment. Select shade and process 20-45 minutes depending on color intensity."

I'd wait a week, but that's me. I'm a big chicken! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Laginappe

Thanks for posting that. I think I am going to wait a week though...I'm chicken too! Besides that gives me more time to research which oils etc I want to add to the mixture.