COLORING GRAY HAIR WITH HENNA

CynamonKis

If anyone besides me has had issues with coloring gray hair near the front hairline, then I'd like to share this with you.

Henna alone does a good job of coloring the gray throughout my hair. BUT my gray concentrated near my front hair line looks orangish-red after henna alone. I then tried indigo in this area, but that made it too dark.

After coloring my entire hair with henna, I then applied a mixture of 3/4 indigo with 1/4 henna hair dye, and applied it to the gray at the front hairline and VOILA--it was colored a nice darkish red brown.

Henna hair dye may be purchased from www.sababotanical.com.

Zahrah

Thanks, this is good to know cuz i've been using colourshines mixing and matching and havent been that happy. I will try.

gn1g

Thanks a million you have answer my ????'s. I have gray right in the front as well and I really don't want the tall tale sign of reddish gray hair.

Do you add conditioner to your henna? I am thinking of adding Kenra MC.

CynamonKis

Some people do add a little conditioner to henna with good results, I just use 1 tbsp. avocado oil to the henna right before I put it into my hair & after rinsing the henna out I condition w/avocado conditioner for 5 minutes

gn1g said:
Thanks a million you have answer my ????'s. I have gray right in the front as well and I really don't want the tall tale sign of reddish gray hair.

Do you add conditioner to your henna? I am thinking of adding Kenra MC.