Henna and/or Indigo PICTURES - BEFORE and AFTER & MIX - REFERENCE

gn1g

I am so proud of my last henna treatment my colors were PAR EXCELLENT.

I used orange spice tea and Cocoa. beautiful chestnut.

sorry I am not a pics person.

fancypants007

Please post photos of your BEFORE and AFTER henna and/or indigo with your mix.

I thought it would be helpful to post photos of hair color before and after henna and/or indigo along with the mix used so others will have an idea of the ratio of henna and/or indigo for reference.

I've never tried henna or indigo but plan to soon.

***Everyone should do a patch test for allergic reactions and a strand test to get a color sample***

Video of my patch test and strand test: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bex4tI-o5k

Using Henna on Gray, natural hair

BEFORE

AFTER

MIX
2 parts indigo & 1 part henna in order to get a more brown result.
Left on for 2 hours.
Products from mehandi: finely sifted henna for "African hair"

Source

Thank you so much for this. I just ordered the Red Raj and wanted to mix with indigo because I do not like the color henna alone gives to my grays. I have grays primarily around my hairline and I prefer dark brown/black to burgundy color which fades. I'm going to try your mix because your after pictures look great! Thanks for sharing

lana

I have henna in my hair right now and I plan to follow it with Indigo. I have a few pictures of the before and I will show the after. :)

Natty_Virgo

Here's my experience-a bit unfair but I have no pictures.

I have a large amount of gray. A few months ago tried Lush Caca Noir Henna that turned the grays a coppery brown. So decided to henna using Red Raj and Indigo. Used 100 grams of each mixed together for a hennadigo Results were bright orange on my gray (viewed while wet). I immediately mixed a batch of indigo together, applied and allowed to set for 40 minutes....covered the orangies to black/dark brown.

Next time I will use more indigo and less henna.

Damn I have indigo and the red raj and was going to try this exact mix but it looks like I will have to henna first and then indigo to get a darker color.

Sent from my S3 using LHCF

MyAngelEyez~C~U

The before pics are my hair in its natural color, after pics are the red hair. I used 200g Yemeni henna BAQ with 25g indigo mixed in, now I just use Rajasthani henna BAQ. Current pic you can see the color in my avatar above. I've used henna for color since 2008.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:

T/u henna gloss 75g moroccan henna 25g indigo hot tap water and a squirt of HH LTR mixed together didn't wait for dye release. Just slapped it on roots put hair up in a shower cap and towel. Then I blasted with the blow dryer a couple of times to keep warm. Rinsed out in shower co washed blow dried and got rollers.

image-1358459142.jpg

lana

How come my efforts to Indigo aren't working? Yes, I used Henna before which turned my grays a nice reddish color. But the Indigo isn't working. See the light red Henna'd bangs? I want them black!

Attachments

• Henna Indigo.jpg
    Henna Indigo.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 71

deedoswell

How come my efforts to Indigo aren't working? Yes, I used Henna before which turned my grays a nice reddish color. But the Indigo isn't working. See the light red Henna'd bangs? I want them black!

When I use henna/indigo, my grays always turn a reddish color. I wish they would turn black with the indigo but I'm not sure if it works that way???

lana

I hope some of the ladies that do this often, can help straighten me out.

I thought Henna and Indigo could be used to cover gray hair. I have a few strands in my bangs and the crown. I just want them gone, but chemical dyes lead to breakage everytime (for my hair), even rinses cause dryness and breakage.

So I want to use Henna/Indigo..but maybe I'm doing it wrong? I get red strands instead of black.

Last edited:

lana

@lana
To cover gray you need to do a two step process. Otherwise you will get reddish brown tones for your grays. Here is a good video showing the two step process for a reddish final color.

naturalmanenyc - thank you for your response. I didn't see the link to the video. Are you able to post it again? I really appreciate it.
I thought I was doing a two step process by applying Henna to dye the gray strands red and then I rinse and apply Indigo in the hopes of dying the red strands black. What am I doing wrong? I can't wait to watch the video.

I just bought the Hennasooq Indigo to see if that "takes" better than my Light Mountain brand.

naturalmanenyc

lana
Oops. I copied it but I guess I didn't paste it.
Added the link.

It could also be the brand of henna. A friend tried henna and the color didn't take at all.

I use Moroccan henna and indigo with salt premixed from henna king.

Last edited: