Hennalucent--Not Bad At All

CynamonKis

For years I was convinced that Hennalucent was not real henna and I thumbed my nose at it. This weekend I ran out of henna, so I used some Hennalucent instead. Suprisingly, I really liked the results! Firstly, it is very convenient as I was able to mix with boiling water and use it instantly; with regular henna I have to mix it and let it sit for 12 hrs prior to use. For the gray I still have to do a post-hennalucent indigo treatment, same as with regular henna. For conditioning, it worked very well, the color nice. I mixed a few drops of olive oil in the hennalucent and slept with it on all night and rinsed it in the shower, followed by a tropical avocado deep conditioner.

For the sake of convenience I will incorporate the use of hennalucent more into my regiment.

Last edited:

newflowers

I've seen this is Sallys. There is a clear version that is not supposed to change the color of your hair.

Did you get the same strengthening benefits as with regular henna?

CynamonKis

I found for me that I received significant strength benefits with hennalucent, perhaps slightly more with real henna, real henna being slightly better for me. I have not tried the neutral version as I prefer color. I believe henna and hennalucent can make your hair hard but it acts differently than DRC-28 or Aphogee. I put 1 tbsp avocado oil or evoo in henna as well as hennalucent to keep my hair from drying out.

newflowers said:
I've seen this is Sallys. There is a clear version that is not supposed to change the color of your hair.

Did you get the same strengthening benefits as with regular henna?

Brownie518

I have never used henna but I use neutral Hennalucent on a regular basis. I add mine to a conditioner, usually VO5 Tea Therapy with Chamomile. I also put in some amla and shikakai oils. I love the results. I rinse it, shampoo, and follow with a nice moisturizing conditioner.