Oils,Pomades,Grease,Butters Oct 1 through Dec 31

LaidBak

Keeping it simple:
Grapeseed, Jamaican or Haitian castor oil as staples; wheat germ and coconut oil just until I run out of my current supply.
Almond butter until I run out, and mango butter as my staple.

ETA: Oh yeah and some spray oil I bought, it has jojoba and some other stuff. I just bought it because it smells like manoi. I am a sucker for anything that smells like gardenia or jasmine.

Last edited:

SimJam

so glad this thread was started, it reminded me to try out this sugarberry pomade Ive had for a couple months (didnt like the smell in the jar but its a really pleasant smell in my hair - and my ends are super happy)

LaidBak

Prepoo'd with Vatika Frosting, DC's with oils. Afterward, sealed my ends with butter and sprayed jojoba oil on my scalp.

TeeSGee

@TeeSGee

Welcome Ms. Lady! :welcome3:

I'd look into Claudie's Tiffani Pomade *named after our very own Tiffers*, or Iman Hair Butter or Claudie's Shea Pomade, Grandma Louise Pomade(s).

I think Claudie has several "Pomades" that don't contain Sulfur.

IDareT'sHair Thank u for ur recs. i'll look into those. also can u recommend a nice butter for sealing in moisture. i'm relaxed btw.

AtlantaJJ

ooh fun!!

Henna Hooq - Alma Oil
Henna Sooq - cocoveda
EVCO
EVOO
Avocado Oil
Castor Oils, JBCO and regular

Butters:
Crisco
Shea (maybe) loving the Crisco right now

KimPossibli

Supergirl
Mixed Kukui nut oil into my giovanni 50:50 for conditioning today
Sealed my hair with Argan oil over the giovanni direct leave in

southerncitygirl

IDareT'sHair can i join?:look:

i'm using a mix of sapote, jbco, evoo, evco to seal over my claudies quinoa and coffee balancing cream.

i'm going to try and use 1-2 times a week my pomade from the pomade shop as well.....i haven't used it consistently. i really need to do a replenishment on my butters, creams and oils. when i get the chance i'll purchase meadowfoam and kukui oils from mountain rose herbs then get isha cream, quinoa coffee balancing, murumuru-acai butter, balancing ends insurance, and some otehr goodies if claudie has a sale before black friday.:yep:

OsnapCnapp!

My whipped shea mix always!
Herbal hair oil that's been fusing since.......June, lol. Waiting on mustard seed oil.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Used almost everything in my arsenal. lol

washed, DC, leave-in. Oil sealed with castor, then my whipped butter creme, now twisting with sulfur grease.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I'm here, I'm here:grin: I'll be using:
Wheat germ
Avocado
Flax
Hemp
Olive
Grapeseed
Sunflower
Vitamin E
Lemongrass
All of the above mixed together used daily iin an oil rinse as well as when I do a steamed DC.
and Moringa when it arrives which I plan to use on my scalp maybe once a week:yep:

Curlykale

Yay can I be in this challenge too?

I went on holiday for 2 weeks and decided to swim and stay in the sun almost everyday and what saved me was a shea and mango butter mix, which I slathered on my hair before swimming and after washing (twice a day). I used quite a bit of it. You know when your hair laughs at conditioners? My hair does that sometimes. Well, it loved the butters and I could keep the salt in my hair for hours or days without dryness. Very impressed because it stayed very soft, supple and elastic.

Loving my castor and wheat germ oil mix to seal.

Loving braidouts on dry hair, with just sprayed water/aloe and a butter (avocado or mango).

lamaria211

Moisturized hair with EVOCO only this morning after my scalp massage with JBCO, EVOCO, And essential oil mix