Oct. 28,29,30...What Are YOUR Weekend Hair Plans?

starchgirl

I pre-pooed with Giovanni 50:50, EVOO, Safflower oil, EVCO. Co-washed with a mix of HEHH, Aussie Moist, EVOO. Did a twist and curl and now air drying.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SPH-D700

PureSilver

Initially, i had no plans but i got tired of seeing and feeling this sewin on my head, however below you will see My Oct 1st sewin and my Oct 30th take down of the sewin.

Not a good picture taker but i see progress and i'm loving it.

I'm as of today 1yr, 6 months and 2wks and 3days post as of today= 18 mths & 2wks.

Last edited:

choctaw

Rinsed out the henna paste (reshma, amla, catnip fenugreek tea, molasses, avocado oil).
Co-wash and shower comb detangled with diluted Joico Body Luxe conditioner.
Leave-in rinse: flat beer diluted with warm water.
Apply Olde Jamaica Black Castor Oil Pomade to edges, ends of wet hair and distribute throughout hair/scalp with denman brush.
Made 5 celie braids and twisted on brown paper bag curlers.

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
so......i ended up not doing a damn thang to my hair. this is THE first time in my HHJ that I haven't washed my hair for more than 7 days. :blush:

aviddiva77

I had my mom french braid my hair on Friday after washing it (two braids very simple). I plan to wear it until wash day cuz I'm lazy like that!

loved

self chopped a couple inches very early this morning

i am considering this the beginning of my HHJ. I'm taking care of my hair in 5 segment - 4 quadrants & the top middle circle, which is where I usually have chronic breakage. This is a list of my healthiest, fastest growing areas to slowest growing, chronically damaged areas -back right, back left, front right, front left, top middle circle. Another goal is to get my bang to neck length.

my hair was thick & healthy this time last year but I lost a lot of hair to postpartum shedding in Dec & I overprocessed my front edges in April. Edges are coming back but they're short & stick up

I would like to do a longish stretch. My usual "long" stretch is about 13 weeks. I'd like to go 6 months.

Last edited:

cocoma

I hennae'd for the first time in months. Jamila henna, honey and green tea. I deep conditioned afterwards with HE HH, honey and safflower oil. Then overnight deep conditioned with giovanni smooth as silk and safflower oil. Today I am in a smooth soft damp bun. Can't keep my hands out of my hair.

lana

I ended a 15 week stretch and boy was I glad to be done! I used Mizani Lye to Texlax for about 7-10 minutes on pre-treated hair, meaning I based my scalp.

I changed a few things....

I used Motions neutralizing shampoo instead of Mizani for the first time EVER.
It was great! My hair felt WAY more moisturized and soft than with that harsh Mizani Neutralizer and the price was better!

I did rinse with a protein conditioner before neutralizing. I deep conditioned with heat for about 1 hour with a moisturizing/protein conditioner (Nexxus) and then I rinsed thoroughly, applied Clairols Beautiful Collections in black to my bangs only...that's the only spot that needs it (lol) and then rinsed, conditioned again and rinsed.

Finally I had soft hair. I applied CHI silk infusion after spraying my leave in on and I styled like normal.

My hair is beautiful! I'm so happy with BSL...now to reach below it to MBL! That's the goal.